Gotham City Football Club

Maxman

I just saw that this was one of our top keywords this month. Is this catching on?

I know there is a group called Gotham City Crew. They run a tailgate and do trips. Fun people, we hung out with them in Detroit. I know the coaches were Gotham City sweatshirts dating back to the Todd Bowles days. And the team color is Gotham Green.

But is fetch really happening?  LOL.

The Gotham City Jets.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I just saw that this was one of our top keywords this month. Is this catching on?

I know there is a group called Gotham City Crew. They run a tailgate and do trips. Fun people, we hung out with them in Detroit. I know the coaches were Gotham City sweatshirts dating back to the Todd Bowles days. And the team color is Gotham Green.

The Gotham City Jets.

I think the coaching staff was wearing those sweatshirts and apparel in the Week 17 game vs. Buffalo.  Perhaps that inspired some searches?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think the coaching staff was wearing those sweatshirts and apparel in the Week 17 game vs. Buffalo.  Perhaps that inspired some searches?

920x920.jpg.b327504bd5b60c88b0c4819223c628c6.jpg

This has been a thing for a while. historical part of the franchise (not Sanchize). 

• Upvote 1

It's weird that the Jets would announce a deal with Marvel, then embrace DC's fictional Gotham City as their team color and printing it on coaches' gear. I guess "Gotham," has seeped into the NY culture beyond Batman, but I think Hulk Green would've worked just fine. And most of the Marvel Universe originates in the real city the Jets claim to be from! 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

It's weird that the Jets would announce a deal with Marvel, then embrace DC's fictional Gotham City as their team color and printing it on coaches' gear. I guess "Gotham," has seeped into the NY culture beyond Batman, but I think Hulk Green would've worked just fine. And most of the Marvel Universe originates in the real city the Jets claim to be from! 

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I believe the original syndicate (Werblin, Hess, et al) that bought the AFL franchise were known as the Gotham City Football Club or something like that

The franchise was sold for $1 million to a five-man syndicate headed by Sonny Werblin of the Gotham Football Club, Inc., in February 1963

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

the new black hoodies they were wearing on the sidelines has been sold out for weeks.

I managed to find  a black Nike one  on Dick's Sporting Goods.com for my son for Christmas on sale $90 he loves it comfortable and warm he says. 

There are many aftermarket ones available if you do a search. 

The Nike one has no pockets zippers to to access inside and the bottom of the sleeves are very tight fitting like a shirt. 

24 minutes ago, Stark said:

The franchise was sold for $1 million to a five-man syndicate headed by Sonny Werblin of the Gotham Football Club, Inc., in February 1963

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets

@Sonny Werblin posts here. That's so cool that one of the old school Jets owners is here with us....  From the grave and stuff. 

• Haha 1

Origin of name[edit]

Writer Bill Finger, on the naming of the city and the reason for changing Batman's locale from New York City to a fictional city, said, "Originally I was going to call Gotham City 'Civic City.' Then I tried 'Capital City,' then 'Coast City.' Then I flipped through the New York City phone book and spotted the name 'Gotham Jewelers' and said, 'That's it,' Gotham City. We didn't call it New York because we wanted anybody in any city to identify with it."[10]

"Gotham" has been a nickname for New York City that first became popular in the nineteenth century; Washington Irving had first attached it to New York in the November 11, 1807 edition of his Salmagundi,[11] a periodical which lampooned New York culture and politics. Irving took the name from the village of Gotham, Nottinghamshire, England: a place inhabited, according to folklore, by fools.[12][13]

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The Gotham City Jets.

Football Game: Football Fantasy Superhero Team: Justice ...

1 hour ago, slats said:

Hulk has anger issues, you can't use that marketing wise in the world today!  :)

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

@Sonny Werblin posts here. That's so cool that one of the old school Jets owners is here with us....  From the grave and stuff. 

Don’t give me too much credit. After all i am the person who convinced Leon Hess to relocate from Shea to Giant’s Stadium in the swamps of jersey.  I’m still shocked that Leon took my advice years after he belittled me by booting me from the ownership group because he thought i stole the spotlight for building the Jets into a SB winning club. How many SB winners did Hess build? Leon Hess - stupidest owner in the history of professional sports.