HELP WANTED: Browns Head Coach (We may be dysfunctional, but we're the only HC job left)

20 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

He looks like an out of work alcoholic.  And before you say anything I am quite employed,  thank you. 

He looks like a douchebag with an ego as big as OBJ...oh wait they share a locker room together...yikes! Epic fail.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, jetstream23 said:

Browns: Anybody ready to come work with this guy?

ap-browns-broncos-football-2.jpg.51d8cd5e8da6add2144642a4c4498ae9.jpg

Wow what do you know. This guy worked out just like I thought he would. And  With that mustache he looks like some kind of backwoods deviant. Ugh. 

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2020 at 11:44 AM, JiF said:

Is this a surprise?  Imagine sitting down for an interview with Browns and sitting across from you to conduct the interview is the sh*tty starting QB that everyone hates and in the back of your mind knowing that you ultimately report to him?

Maybe they should hire a WR coach off the Patriots....oh wait...

Is the guy who deflated the footballs still available?

4 hours ago, freestater said:

perhaps related? Maybe Schwartz is moving on? 

This has implications for the jets too.  Been hearing news all offseason that Douglas and others in the organization want to add some help to the offensive staff (possible coaching shakeups on that side).  And there were some people pointing to guys on the eagles staff as possible candidates.  Be interesting to see if any of the rumors playout, but this adds fuel to the fire a little for sure.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Facts. Browns fans are self-aware and secure enough to do so. What Browns fans have in common with the rest of league's fans, outside of Jets fans, is that they also laugh at the Jets as well. 

Us Jets fans are the only ones who'd take a 7-9 record as some great accomplishment because the one team that at one time was actually much worse than us, being the skidmarks of the entire league, was met with unwarranted SB hype by the media because of their QB and newly acquired talent...while predictably falling short of that goal and actually showing regression under the worst coaching staff in the league. 

No other fanbase expresses such insecurity, not even Browns fans. 

The Browns loved 7-8-1 so much that they gave Freddie Kitchens a HC job and the fanbase creamed themselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

The Browns are idiots. If they couldn't get Lincoln Riley...

They shoulda hired Mike Leach who instead is now HC at Mississippi State.  If anyone can run an Air Raid offense, it's Mayfield who did so to perfection at Oklahoma under Riley.

Where did Riley learn his version of the Air Raid O?...Oh, at Texas Tech under Mike Leach.

Mike Leach was Kingsbury and Riley before Kingsbury and Riley.

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The Browns loved 7-8-1 so much

You're absolutely correct, however, you omit context. Why not mention why the Browns loved that 7-8-1 record so much? 

Before that 7-8-1 record in 2018 they produced 

0-16 in 2017

1-15 in 2016

3-13 in 2015. 

In other words, before that 2018 7 win season, the Browns had produced a 4-44-1 record over the 3 years prior to 2018. That's a pretty good reason to be excited about a team that almost doubled their win total in 2018 that they accumulated the 3 years prior. So there was a legit reason for their excitement. The last time the Browns produced a 7 win season was in 2014, and before that 2007. So this is a fanbase that rarely even sees a 7 win season. There's legitimacy here.

Why are many Jets fans loving their 7-9 record so much??? Because they had one more win than the Cleveland Browns. And I can prove this. 

I havent seen any thread made talking about how "this 7-9 record is really great turnaround and a building block for future success". However, I can point you to multiple threads created with the sole purpose of celebrating the Jets having 1 more win than the Browns. 

Browns fans viewed their record as a building block given their history. Why? because when you match your win amount over the 3 prior seasons, you consider that a building block. Yet, many (not all) Jets fans view their current record through their insecurity...hating on a team who for years was much worse than the Jets, and Jets fans are pissy about the Browns getting all of that hype last offseason along with Mayfield doing 30+ progressive commercials. 

How is that not insecurity when you celebrate a team being worse than yours, and your town team is a bad football team? ?‍♂️ Only insecurity or hatred could explain that. And speaking of hatred, do I need to quote comments made regarding Baker Mayfield? You would have thought Mayfield tried to hit on the wife of many of these dudes on this forum. lol

that they gave Freddie Kitchens a HC job and the fanbase creamed themselves.

They absolutely loved the promotion of Freddie Kitchens, but as the season went on they were able to see the reality of things. You dont hear Browns fans talking about how it was wrong to fire Freddie. They're able to see something wrong and are willing to change it quickly. Jets fans meanwhile? Many Jets fans are fooled by Gase's 6-2 record at the end of the season playing against bottom feeder teams with below and a week 17 win against a Bills team that sat down starters. 

See the difference? 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

The Browns are idiots. If they couldn't get Lincoln Riley...

They shoulda hired Mike Leach who instead is now HC at Mississippi State.  If anyone can run an Air Raid offense, it's Mayfield who did so to perfection at Oklahoma under Riley.

Where did Riley learn his version of the Air Raid O?...Oh, at Texas Tech under Mike Leach.

Mike Leach was Kingsbury and Riley before Kingsbury and Riley.

To be an NFL head coach you need to be more than an offensive coordinator. A head coach can hire an OC that can implement an offense that best suits their teams talent. 

An NFL HC needs to lead and entire team of men, not boys on scholarships and just concerning themselves with offensive philosophy. Lincoln Riley has a phenomenal offense, but their defense has always been terrible. Just this season OU was ranked 64th in the FBS in scoring defense, while sitting at 6th in scoring offense. That's pretty lopsided, and it's always been like that at OU...even when Mayfield was there. You need defense as well in order to win.

Meanwhile, look at Clemson. They're ranked 4th in scoring offense and 1st in scoring Defense. 

Getting the right HC is the most important thing

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

To be an NFL head coach you need to be more than an offensive coordinator. A head coach can hire an OC that can implement an offense that best suits their teams talent. 

An NFL HC needs to lead and entire team of men, not boys on scholarships and just concerning themselves with offensive philosophy. Lincoln Riley has a phenomenal offense, but their defense has always been terrible. Just this season OU was ranked 64th in the FBS in scoring defense, while sitting at 6th in scoring offense. That's pretty lopsided, and it's always been like that at OU...even when Mayfield was there. You need defense as well in order to win.

Meanwhile, look at Clemson. They're ranked 4th in scoring offense and 1st in scoring Defense. 

Getting the right HC is the most important thing

Big fish in a small pond. Coaches in the worst power 5 conference in the country, which had a 1-5 bowl record this year. Oh, and lost to Kansas State, who were beaten by Navy in their bowl game. Guy is a joke. Browns should hire the guy they should have gotten last year, Stefanski.

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, section314 said:

Big fish in a small pond. Coaches in the worst power 5 conference in the country, which had a 1-5 bowl record this year. Oh, and lost to Kansas State, who were beaten by Navy in their bowl game. Guy is a joke. Browns should hire the guy they should have gotten last year, Stefanski.

I agree that the Browns should maybe look in another direction, I wouldnt go as far as calling him a joke though. 

Outside of this playoff blowout this season, OU has not only made the college playoff but played competitive football against teams vastly more talented than them. That's a credit to coaching.

However, that's still college level

On 1/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Facts. Browns fans are self-aware and secure enough to do so. What Browns fans have in common with the rest of league's fans, outside of Jets fans, is that they also laugh at the Jets as well. 

Us Jets fans are the only ones who'd take a 7-9 record as some great accomplishment because the one team that at one time was actually much worse than us, being the skidmarks of the entire league, was met with unwarranted SB hype by the media because of their QB and newly acquired talent...while predictably falling short of that goal and actually showing regression under the worst coaching staff in the league. 

No other fanbase expresses such insecurity, not even Browns fans. 

Yes when I read this board all I see are jet fans talking about this 7-9 season as some great accomplishment!  Btw Browns fans were so excited about their 7-9 season last year that they expected to be in the super bowl this year  

6 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Yes when I read this board all I see are jet fans talking about this 7-9 season as some great accomplishment!  Btw Browns fans were so excited about their 7-9 season last year that they expected to be in the super bowl this year  

To be fair, though the media overly hyped that and it was clearly way too early for it. What I have NEVER understood is "Why were Jets fans so captivated by the coverage the Browns were getting to the point of wanting to see them fail"? This was a 4-44 team over a 3 year span before that 7 win season. Just being a fan of football, that was pretty awesome to see. 

I wish I could have that feeling about the Jets, turn on the TV to see folks believing that Jets had a chance. 

I never had any desire to see the Browns fail before but Mayfield is unlikeable to me with his cockiness and penchant for criticizing his teammates. I also have a vested interest in wanting Darnold to succeed and show the Browns made the wrong choice. Otherwise I’d be ok with a downtrodden franchise finally winning after many years. Mostly though I want it to be the Jets that finally win, not anyone else. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I guarantee Josh McDaniels will be named the head coach of the Browns this weekend. It would be a shocker if anyone else were hired. Once the Browns hire McDaniels I can't see Brady staying in New England with another offensive coordinator. Where does Brady go? San Diego or Tennessee? Hmmmm.

I Guarantee It GIF by Barstool Sports

46 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I guarantee Josh McDaniels will be named the head coach of the Browns this weekend. It would be a shocker if anyone else were hired. Once the Browns hire McDaniels I can't see Brady staying in New England with another offensive coordinator. Where does Brady go? San Diego or Tennessee? Hmmmm.

No way he goes to tennessee, they are going to commit to tannehill.  Doubt if he goes to SD as well as they are just thinking of moving on from another past his best QB.

I don't think Brady has a lot of options.  The Bears maybe?

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No way he goes to tennessee, they are going to commit to tannehill.  Doubt if he goes to SD as well as they are just thinking of moving on from another past his best QB.

That would be awesome if Brady hits the open market and nobody wants him.  lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

How about the Browns? They have a lot of weaponz. lol

• Upvote 1