The "We're Stuck With Adam Gase... And That's OK?" Thread

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I never ONCE said they were outdated. 

It is well known in league circles that McCarthy held Aaron Rodgers back from full potential and is the reason they didnt win multiple Super Bowls together. This isnt an opinion I just pulled out of thin air and is the very reason he is no longer their coach. 

Again, I will tell you the answer once Gase has been given equal time to prove himself.

What nonsense, Rogers if anything had a lesser year in his career this year.  He had awesome gaudy numbers under McCarthy for most of his career.

Rogers, more than any QB in this league has gotten a total free ride.  Guys like Brees, even Brady get flack for their play.  Rogers always skates.

He has failed as much as mccarthy has.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

What nonsense, Rogers if anything had a lesser year in his career this year.  He had awesome gaudy numbers under McCarthy for most of his career.

Rogers, more than any QB in this league has gotten a total free ride.  Guys like Brees, even Brady get flack for their play.  Rogers always skates.

He has failed as much as mccarthy has.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. 

Rodgers has carried that team on his nutsack his entire career, what are you talking about? 

If you like, I can link you about 379 articles from any sports outlet in Green Bay or across the US that explicitly goes into detail about McCarthy and Rodgers. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Cowboys made a lateral move hiring McCarthy. Let’s see why they hire in three years.

The cowgirls problem is Dak Prescott and not the HC. Dak gets the pass because it's not PC to criticize certain people. Dak can't read defensive's and is slow and inaccurate.  

Dak had *all* the talent any QB could want and yet the media went after the HC and not the - supposed franchise QB. A real FQB would have taken that team to the NFC conference championship game.

I hope Gerry gives Dak a 40M contract as this will hamstring the 'girls for years to come cap wise.

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I’m going to present the facts again:

McCarthy: 125-77-2, WP: 618, 1 championship, 9 time division champ, 4 NFC championship game appearances

Gase: 29-35, WP: .469, that’s about it. Offenses finish 24th to worst as HC, forgot that part.

Who has the better resume?

Who cares?  What matters is who can win right now, in New York, with Sam Darnold. 

McCarthy’s own quarterback got him fired. Speaks volumes. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

I never ONCE said they were outdated. 
It is well known in league circles that McCarthy held Aaron Rodgers back from full potential and is the reason they didnt win multiple Super Bowls together. This isnt an opinion I just pulled out of thin air and is the very reason he is no longer their coach. 
Again, I will tell you the answer once Gase has been given equal time to prove himself.

Of course it’s an opinion by you. I’m laughing at your league circles line. Don Shula won 0 Super Bowls with Dan Marino who are 2 of the best respectfully. Gase has been an HC for 4 years, not 1 which is more than an enough time to prove himself. And he has proven to be no better than leading an offense to no higher than 24th. Also, have you seen Ryan tannehill lately?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. 
Rodgers has carried that team on his nutsack his entire career, what are you talking about? 
If you like, I can link you about 379 articles from any sports outlet in Green Bay or across the US that explicitly goes into detail about McCarthy and Rodgers. 

News articles, where are your facts? Evidence? Statistics? Your NFL circles and news outlets are meritless. Articles can be produced from each team with pros and cons ranging from A to Z. Wins, losses, division titles, championship games and championships are what matters. Belicheck is extremely boring and gives the media nothing, but he wins. That’s what matters.

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I’m going to present the facts again:

McCarthy: 125-77-2, WP: 618, 1 championship, 9 time division champ, 4 NFC championship game appearances

Gase: 29-35, WP: .469, that’s about it. Offenses finish 24th to worst as HC, forgot that part.

Who has the better resume?

McCarthy inherited a team built by the legendary Ron Wolf.

Gase inherited teams built by the legendary front offices of the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Of course it’s an opinion by you. I’m laughing at your league circles line. Don Shula won 0 Super Bowls with Dan Marino who are 2 of the best respectfully. Gase has been an HC for 4 years, not 1 which is more than an enough time to prove himself. And he has proven to be no better than leading an offense to no higher than 24th. Also, have you seen Ryan tannehill lately?

4 Years is enough time to prove himself?

McCarthy didnt even make it to the SB until his 5th year (you would have fired him by then though), Rivera didnt make it until his 4th year (you would have fired him by then though) 

By your own argument, Pete Carroll, Bill Belicheck, Gary Kubiak, and Tony Dungy should have all been dumped after their first few years/stints as head coaches. Belicheck and Carroll even had WORSE first stints than Gase. 

They now all combine for 8 Super Bowls... but you would have fired every single one. 

10 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

News articles, where are your facts? Evidence? Statistics? Your NFL circles and news outlets are meritless. Articles can be produced from each team with pros and cons ranging from A to Z. Wins, losses, division titles, championship games and championships are what matters. Belicheck is extremely boring and gives the media nothing, but he wins. That’s what matters.

I've given you statistics, you chose to ignore them for the sake of being right, but here are some more.

Compare first stints to two of the best coaches in the NFL. 

Belicheck: 

5 Years Browns head coach 36-44 .450 Win% (6-10 his first year)

Carrol: 

1 Year Jets head coach 6-10 .375 Win% (6-10 his first and only year) 

Gase:

3 Years Dolphins head coach 23-25 .479 Win % (10-6 his first year)

Not only did Gase have a better first coaching gig than either of those guys, he had a better first season as well, and now the others have went on to be all time greats. 

But by your standards, you would have fired both Bill and Pete and watched them go on to win the SB. 

For the 5th time, talk to me when you've given Coach Gase equal opportunity to prove himself over a career. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

What a shocker.  When the Jets had no quarterback and were injured Weeks 1-8 we were terrible.

But then something interesting happened.  While still injured, and actually getting more injured each week, our quarterback returned and got comfortable in the offense he had only played a few games in and, well look at that-  we finished on a 6-2 run, second only to the #1 seed Ravens in that span.

Run those numbers.  Where did we rank.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

#nevergasers are now officially #neverinjured.

Run the numbers for games 9 thru 16.  Tell me what you see.

SAR I

Our last 5 games we scored 78 points = a whopping 15 points a game.

Also the pro gasers would love to be able to pick 8 games out of 16 to count in a year, sorry it doesn't work that way.  Know what?  We were 7-0 in games we did not lose!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

$62 million to a college coach when 90% of college coaches fail?  Two old guys who don't support analytics?  This one year after the hot young Anthony Lynn and Sean McVay fail completely a year after they were anointed?

The Jets did well.  Part of the dream scenario is to have a HC and GM who get along and are in lockstep.  We've got that.  And as a team that isn't ready to win immediately, we got the best coach we could get.  Look how low the Giants had to go.

SAR I

The Giants hire makes keeping Adam Gase look.like the move of the year.

This team is going to the playoffs next season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Giants hire makes keeping Adam Gase look.like the move of the year.

This team is going to the playoffs next season.

+1

All we need is health.  Gase and the boys have proven everything else in this strangely awesome season.  These guys play hard.  And they didn't lie down like quitting Revis Richardson dogs even though they had plenty of chances to do so.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our last 5 games we scored 78 points = a whopping 15 points a game.

Also the pro gasers would love to be able to pick 8 games out of 16 to count in a year, sorry it doesn't work that way.  Know what?  We were 7-0 in games we did not lose!

This year was a tale of two seasons.  You know why.  I don't need to type the reasons again.

What we know is that for the last 8 games Sam Darnold was the #10 quarterback in the NFL.  I'm guessing that doesn't come from stats saying the rest of the O was #32.

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1

All we need is health.  Gase and the boys have proven everything else in this strangely awesome season.  These guys play hard.  And they didn't lie down like quitting Revis Richardson dogs even though they had plenty of chances to do so.

SAR I

Except, like, Weeks 2-4 when they totally mailed it in. Coach included. 

7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

The cowgirls problem is Dak Prescott and not the HC. Dak gets the pass because it's not PC to criticize certain people. Dak can't read defensive's and is slow and inaccurate.  

Dak had *all* the talent any QB could want and yet the media went after the HC and not the - supposed franchise QB. A real FQB would have taken that team to the NFC conference championship game.

I hope Gerry gives Dak a 40M contract as this will hamstring the 'girls for years to come cap wise.

Dak was 1st in the league in DYAR, 6th in DVOA, 5th in YPA, 4th in QBR, and 10th in passer rating. But please tell us more about the PC Police kicking in your door for speaking your truth about his inability to “read defensive’s.”

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Except, like, Weeks 2-4 when they totally mailed it in. Coach included. 

They didn't mail it in.  They felt like they were a playoff team and were unbelievably down to their third-string quarterback.  They were shell-shocked.  More like PTSD, not laziness.

You really need to self-reflect before posting stuff like this.  You actually believe that the same team that showed the gumption to finish the year 6-2 knowing that all hope was lost actually would behave like you're saying when the season was still young and they had hopes that the wounded would return?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They didn't mail it in.  They felt like they were a playoff team and were unbelievably down to their third-string quarterback.  They were shell-shocked.  More like PTSD, not laziness.

You really need to self-reflect before posting stuff like this.  You actually believe that the same team that showed the gumption to finish the year 6-2 knowing that all hope was lost actually would behave like you're saying when the season was still young and they had hopes that the wounded would return?

SAR I

How many times are you going to use this "6-2" line?  Darnold was healthy for 12 games this season (13 if you count Buffalo).  

Cherry picking to support your flawed argument is a useless exercise.  

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

$62 million to a college coach when 90% of college coaches fail?  Two old guys who don't support analytics?  This one year after the hot young Anthony Lynn and Sean McVay fail completely a year after they were anointed?

The Jets did well.  Part of the dream scenario is to have a HC and GM who get along and are in lockstep.  We've got that.  And as a team that isn't ready to win immediately, we got the best coach we could get.  Look how low the Giants had to go.

SAR I

The Jets did not do well. They didn’t get a coach for the whole team, they got a coach for the offense. I’m sorry, but that is not how you build a winning team. Gase ignores the defense and focuses on the offense only. You would think we’d be better than 32nd ranked. I agree with the HC/GM combo, I don’t agree with the CEO of the football team ignoring one whole side of the football. That’s something I will never agree with.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Luke Falk enough said, why was he even on the roster. 

Gase wanted him on the roster. So...

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You’re really good at this troll stuff. 

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The guy who inherited Aaron Rodgers 

Before he was inherited, no team wanted to touch this guy who was viewed at the time as a clear certified bust coming out of college  before GB took a chance at the bottom of the first round.  MM took over and resurrected Bret Favre’s career, then GB let go Favre and MM worked wonders for ingrate Aaron including winning a SB.  

But here you are diminishing this man great accomplishment because you can’t stand the guy.  But because you love the trash Todd Bowles you regard him as a great coach.   

Im still waiting at your prediction of Bowles getting the Redskin HC job Or it been taken lol and many teams lining up to hire him after his remarkable job at last ranked TB defense.

We've all heard the expression: "The QB gets too much credit when the team wins, and too much blame when it loses...:

But, with the "ForEverGasers", it's just the opposite: Gase gets all the credit for the 7 and 9 record, and none of the blame for one of the worst offenses in the NFL. (It's because of Darnold's mono, Mac's bad drafts, poor OL, etc.)

The "NeverGasers" are praying to be wrong about this guy...

The "ForeverGasers" are already preparing their excuses if the Jets have another losing season in 2020...

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How many times are you going to use this "6-2" line?  Darnold was healthy for 12 games this season (13 if you count Buffalo).  

Cherry picking to support your flawed argument is a useless exercise.  

Healthy Darnold and the Jets were 7-5. 

For the second-half of the season the Jets were 6-2.

Both statements are true.  They aren't cherry picking.  What's cherry picking is throwing in a bunch of garbage losses when we were down to our 3rd string quarterback and judging the season based on that.  The 1-4 start is not indicative of what the team actually was.  If you're looking for a clue as to what our potential is for next season, healthy and ready to go, you start with either 7-5 or 6-2.

SAR I

• Upvote 1