The problem with Gase - concerning L Bell

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s get our extremely slow, semi-retired 28 year old running back out in space behind our extremely athletic and versatile group of offensive linemen, because real life is just like Madden

Right?  Instead.  Let’s run him up the gut behind an OL that cant get any push and is allowing 1.8 yards before 1st contact on their RBs and because it has been so extremely successful,  let’s just keep doing it over and over again and not try anything else because Tom Shane says it’s impossible to do anything unless everything  is perfect! 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Right?  Instead.  Let’s run him up the gut behind an OL that cant get any push and is allowing 1.8 yards before 1st contact on their RBs and because it has been so extremely successful,  let’s just keep doing it over and over again and not try anything else because Tom Shane says it’s impossible to do anything unless everything  is perfect! 

Perhaps the Wing-T or the full-house option

The Jets offense was nearly dead last this season against almost the easiest schedule one can create for the Jets. The talent is really bad, but the coaching was uninspired at best.

Most unforgivable is he trotted out the corpse of Kalil every week and was completely disingenuous about creating a culture of letting the best players play regardless of contract or draft status. you know, like the one our defense actually had this season. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Yards before contact

ENiw83TWsAAHbfN?format=png&name=900x900

Thank you the preposterous narrative that we should move on from a HOF caliber player in Bell is easily disproved with facts!!

Hmmmmmmmmm maybe it wasn't Bell the player who was at fault but rather one of the worst OL in NFL history that was the problem!!   

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JiF said:

If JD can fix the OL, Bell is going to make a lot of people who clearly never watched him play in Pittsburg look even more foolish than they already do.

I

Thank you!

THESE ARE FACTS!!!!!!

Those who claim Powell was so much better than Bell this year........

Why don't you look up Powells' stats and put those out here so you can embarrass yourself some more!

Never mind I will do it for you!

As @JiF posted...

"And yet, Powell had the worst season of his career.  He averaged a whooping .6 ypc more than Bell.  

Oh hey guess what, Montgomery had the worst season of his career too and averaged the same ypc as Bell.

But I'm sure this all a random coincidence and Bell is just a bad Football player.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s get our extremely slow, semi-retired 28 year old running back out in space behind our extremely athletic and versatile group of offensive linemen, because real life is just like Madden

Let’s pretend everything was the OL and RB and not the play calling and coaching when it could have been a healthy balance of both sucking 

• Post of the Week 2

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Jamal Adams and Leveon Bell are the best players to play for this franchise since the height of Mevi$ Slouch with Rex and this fan base doesn’t want them.

We really deserve how bad the Jets are year in year out when you think about it.  

Not fair. We want elite players but only if they agree to play for league minimum to show loyalty to such an amazing organization.

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you the preposterous narrative that we should move on from a HOF caliber player in Bell is easily disproved with facts!!

Hmmmmmmmmm maybe it wasn't Bell the player who was at fault but rather one of the worst OL in NFL history that was the problem!!   

Love how terrible OL excuses Darnold not playing like the savior we want him to be but Bell is a bum.

Can’t make this stuff up.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

THESE ARE FACTS!!!!!!

Those who claim Powell was so much better than Bell this year........

Why don't you look up Powells' stats and put those out here so you can embarrass yourself some more!

Never mind I will do it for you!

As @JiF posted...

"And yet, Powell had the worst season of his career.  He averaged a whooping .6 ypc more than Bell.  

Oh hey guess what, Montgomery had the worst season of his career too and averaged the same ypc as Bell.

But I'm sure this all a random coincidence and Bell is just a bad Football player.

1. Lol Glenn 

2. both you and @JiF gleefully acknowledge that Bell wasn’t as effective as Bilal Powell, who the organization tried to push into retirement to avoid paralysis,

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

7 hours ago, HessStation said:

Let’s pretend everything was the OL and RB and not the play calling and coaching when it could have been a healthy balance of both sucking 

Unfortunately for Le’Veon, none of those well coached teams with good offensive lines wanted to sign him, forcing Mike Maccagnan to bid against himself for the services of an old running back. :( 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JiF said:

Jamal Adams and Leveon Bell are the best players to play for this franchise since the height of Mevi$ Slouch with Rex and this fan base doesn’t want them.

We really deserve how bad the Jets are year in year out when you think about it.  

I agree in that Jets fans would deserve a losing product if they likewise agree that Jamal Adams and LeVeon Bell are players you should build around

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Lol Glenn 

2. both you and @JiF gleefully acknowledge that Bell wasn’t as effective as Bilal Powell, who the organization tried to push into retirement to avoid paralysis,

I have no clue what you're talking about.  The entire run game was a disaster. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I agree in that Jets fans would deserve a losing product if they likewise agree that Jamal Adams and LeVeon Bell are players you should build around

What is this bogus "build around" take everyone keeps vomiting out the mouth (when I say everyone I mean you and 80).  Nobody is building around Bell or Adams and the idea that this is the approach is moronic. 

Here's a tip for you and you can thank me later for dropping this knowledge on you; Good players cost money, bad players do not cost a lot of money. Good players are better then bad players and having good players is good for your Football team while having bad players, is bad for your Football team. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

What is this bogus "build around" take everyone keeps vomiting out the mouth (when I say everyone I mean you and 80).  Nobody is building around Bell or Adams and the idea that this is the approach is moronic. 

Here's a tip for you and you can thank me later for dropping this knowledge on you; Good players cost money, bad players do not cost a lot of money. Good players are better then bad players and having good players is good for your Football team while having bad players, is bad for your Football team. 

So you want to give $90 million dollars to a “good” player whom you don’t consider a foundational piece of your roster is what you’re saying

• Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So you want to give $90 million dollars to a “good” player whom you don’t consider a foundational piece of your roster is what you’re saying

You're taking good too literal, I was trying to dumb it down for you since this concept seems new to you.  

JamAllPro is a top 10 defender in the league.  Foundational players are typically "good", so as I shared earlier, they cost money.

I'll be here all day if you'd like any other lessons. 

18 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

well this is false. I mean in his very limited amount of touches you saw great burst and speed. This is simply not accurate.

It nearly as inaccurate as the whole premise that his style was changed or that all Gase had to do was tell the OL to change their blocking style.  
And that is Gase in a nutshell.  
There’s more than enough talent on that OL Macc left behind.  

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You and I were definitely watching a different football team.

He made Powell look like a speedster.

you do understand that Bell's style is to hesitate, sidestep and wait patiently for his blocking and Powell does NONE of that, right?

What you interpret as slow (implication: over-the-hill)  is incorrect  He has always done this.  But successfully because the line was compliant.  Doesn't work with Maccagnan's OL. At all.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you do understand that Bell's style is to hesitate, sidestep and wait patiently for his blocking and Powell does NONE of that, right?

What you interpret as slow (implication: over-the-hill)  is incorrect  He has always done this.  But successfully because the line was compliant.  Doesn't work with Maccagnan's OL. At all.  

Good season = patient

Bad season = over the hill

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I understand Bell’s style - I understand what made him successful, I understand our OL sucked...

None of that changes the fact that he was incredibly slow and any burst he had was gone.  

The idea of what he did was wait for the right hole patiently and then HIT IT hard, burst through.

He can wait all he want but the opening is there and if he’s too slow to get Into or past the second level he becomes useless.  Which is pretty much what he is right now. 

Look, I wanted him, I liked the signing, and it’s well documented I really, really disliked the Gase signing..but I honestly don’t know how so many could have watched him this year and didn’t see what I saw

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I understand Bell’s style - I understand what made him successful, I understand our OL sucked...

None of that changes the fact that he was incredibly slow and any burst he had was gone.  

The idea of what he did was wait for the right hole patiently and then HIT IT hard, burst through.

He can wait all he want but the opening is there and if he’s too slow to get Into or past the second level he becomes useless.  Which is pretty much what he is right now. 

Look, I wanted him, I liked the signing, and it’s well documented I really, really disliked the Gase signing..but I honestly don’t know how so many could have watched him this year and didn’t see what I saw

If you look back at Bell's tapes in Pittsburgh, "burst" wasn't his thing.  

Everyone expecting Bell to alter his skills for Gase.  It really has to be the other way around, but Gase doesn't alter anything for anyone.  Lunatic. Narcissist maybe.  We'll know soon enough.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If you look back at Bell's tapes in Pittsburgh, "burst" wasn't his thing.  

Everyone expecting Bell to alter his skills for Gase.  It really has to be the other way around, but Gase doesn't alter anything for anyone.  Lunatic. Narcissist maybe.  We'll know soon enough.

Maybe quickness is a better word than Burst....

But you don’t even have to go as far back as Pitt.  Just go back to the pre-season.  Bell was a different player even then.

honeslty, go look at the way he hit a hold (once he had one) from preseason with the Jets and then go back and look at week 17 - he actually had some running room against Buffalo (not a lot but there was some there)

I believed you’ll see a massive difference.

I think it’s a combination of things.  Gase clearly didn’t want Bell and the Oline is so horrific that there isn’t much space to be as effective.  However it’s also very fair to say that Bell does not have that same burst as he did in the past.  Sitting out a year I’m sure had an effect on him.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

You're taking good too literal, I was trying to dumb it down for you since this concept seems new to you.  

JamAllPro is a top 10 defender in the league.  Foundational players are typically "good", so as I shared earlier, they cost money.

I'll be here all day if you'd like any other lessons. 

Damn! School is in!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

But you don’t even have to go as far back as Pitt.  Just go back to the pre-season.  Bell was a different player even then.

honeslty, go look at the way he hit a hold (once he had one) from preseason with the Jets and then go back and look at week 17 - he actually had some running room against Buffalo (not a lot but there was some there)

Bell didn't play in pre season, just saying.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SOJ said:

Bell didn't play in pre season, just saying.

ots almost as if and Im not trying to imply this, but, it is almost as if he didnt actually watch bell play in the preseason? Like maybe he made that part up, like maybe his whole argument of bell lost a step is made up, or not based on any actual thing at all. like made up but not lieing at all. I mean he wouldn't do that.

Bell is great player and the blocking was terrible but they asked Bell to run differently, not what he was accustom to. Not the same type of plays he had, It was stupid.

On 1/7/2020 at 3:00 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

well this is false. I mean in his very limited amount of touches you saw great burst and speed. This is simply not accurate.

You must have missed the Steelers  game and the Bills game against there 2nd team D.  41 carries 113 yds., do the math.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

And he did 41 yds. on 16 carries with it. 2.6 YPC (I did the math ) . Plus for more than 1/2 the game it was against the Bills 2nd team D.

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2020 at 6:30 PM, Saul Goodman said:

The Jets ignored the offensive line for over a decade. Bell was getting drilled at the line of scrimmage virtually every play because the offensive linemen were unable to create holes for him. He slowed down as he took more punishment throughout the season. It’s not that complicated. 

The OL instead of blocking were standing up watching Bell struggle.