Jump to content

So, who’s left to coach the Browns?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please let that disaster happen.  A horrible person becomes the HC of a D-bag punk with a diva WR. What could go wrong??

Don't worry, Detective Mayfield is on the case!  

Rex Ryan would be perfect

Posted Images

Just now, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

done GIF

This guy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whoops, I meant this guy. Get them confused sometimes.

web_shanahan_talks_saleh_future_12_31_19

If I’m Saleh I stay far away from the Baker sh tshow

 

He’ll get offers next year to be a head coach

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

If I’m Saleh I stay far away from the Baker sh tshow

 

He’ll get offers next year to be a head coach

 

No doubt. He'll be a wanted commodity after what he's done with the 49ers D.

Head coaching gigs can be tough to pass up though - regardless of who they're with. I tend to agree about staying away however

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I despise the guy, but Rex Ryan would be the perfect hire for the Browns right now 

Why do people think Rex can be an effective head coach? He regressed each year here and was a disaster in Buffalo.

I see Baker and Darnold needing different things. Mayfield needs someone who will rein him in and make him more of a game manager, Darnold needs someone that will take the training wheels off and let him make plays.

Having said that if I am Cleveland I call Reilly and tell him we will match Gruden's contract and give you complete control of the program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

No doubt. He'll be a wanted commodity after what he's done with the 49ers D.

Head coaching gigs can be tough to pass up though - regardless of who they're with. I tend to agree about staying away however

Yeah but taking the browns job right now is career suicide

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Why do people think Rex can be an effective head coach? He regressed each year here and was a disaster in Buffalo.

I see Baker and Darnold needing different things. Mayfield needs someone who will rein him in and make him more of a game manager, Darnold needs someone that will take the training wheels off and let him make plays.

Having said that if I am Cleveland I call Reilly and tell him we will match Gruden's contract and give you complete control of the program.

The Rex Ryan haters just want to see him run into a buzzsaw

 

You think Gruden and Baker would work together?  They wouldn’t last a month

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnnysd said:

Why do people think Rex can be an effective head coach? He regressed each year here and was a disaster in Buffalo.

I see Baker and Darnold needing different things. Mayfield needs someone who will rein him in and make him more of a game manager, Darnold needs someone that will take the training wheels off and let him make plays.

Having said that if I am Cleveland I call Reilly and tell him we will match Gruden's contract and give you complete control of the program.

Rex sucks sh*t. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever they hire it'll be it'll be tough to do a worse job than Kitchens.

They're also walking into a situation where they have a top 10 pick yet dont need a QB. That's awesome when there are 3 QB's that could be drafted before the Browns pick, which means they'll have a shot at getting a good OT.

They also have a 2nd rounder and two 3rd's. 

If they revamp that Oline and find a reliable safety, the Browns will in great position personnel wise. They need to get this coaching situation right. 

If so, expect more progressive commercials in 2021.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whoever they hire it'll be it'll be tough to do a worse job than Kitchens.

They're also walking into a situation where they have a top 10 pick yet dont need a QB. That's awesome when there are 3 QB's that could be drafted before the Browns pick, which means they'll have a shot at getting a good OT.

They also have a 2nd rounder and two 3rd's. 

If they revamp that Oline and find a reliable safety, the Browns will in great position personnel wise. They need to get this coaching situation right. 

If so, expect more progressive commercials in 2021.

Baker will suck yet again


he might not be in the nfl in 2021

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whoever they hire it'll be it'll be tough to do a worse job than Kitchens.

They're also walking into a situation where they have a top 10 pick yet dont need a QB. That's awesome when there are 3 QB's that could be drafted before the Browns pick, which means they'll have a shot at getting a good OT.

They also have a 2nd rounder and two 3rd's. 

If they revamp that Oline and find a reliable safety, the Browns will in great position personnel wise. They need to get this coaching situation right. 

If so, expect more progressive commercials in 2021.

No personal attacks please. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

what if G williams went back to the job he never should have lost.

 

12 hours ago, Jetstream said:

This should be our biggest worry

Dorsey too arrogant to offer and Williams to proud to accept 

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Really can't see that happening.  Think about last year.  Gregg Williams is the interim HC and does a pretty good job.  The offseason comes and it's essentially Williams' job to lose.....UNLESS there's a push for someone else.  The most important voice on the team is the Quarterback.  It seems obvious that Mayfield didn't advocate for Williams otherwise I think Gregg would have gotten the job last year.

Dorsey made a rare unforced error. Doesn’t mind collecting nut job players but cared more about getting an HC that was pliable and wouldn’t challenge him than a guy with the chutzpah to manage the insane asylum of players he collected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jets723 said:

It sounds like he is not really interested in being a head coach 

He will be a HC by Jan next year. Hopefully with the Jets. Gase will be fireable by then because we finish paying Bowles after next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

amazing that in august they were everyone's darlings.  now mayfield and obj are again toxic.

i'm liking the jets situation with douglas/darnold.  and maybe gase will improve in playcalling, maybe.

Play callers don’t typically motive. The difference between them being miserable and successful is typically the execution by the players. Bad players expose their deficiencies. Good players succeed in spite of play calling. Not always, but usually.

Sam has a lot of compensating to do between this roster and coaching staff.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Play callers don’t typically motive. The difference between them being miserable and successful is typically the execution by the players. Bad players expose their deficiencies. Good players succeed in spite of play calling. Not always, but usually.

Sam has a lot of compensating to do between this roster and coaching staff.

Yeah, if he was a middle aged dude he would need at least 6 corvettes, 3 cigarette boats and a Lear Jet. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Whoever they hire it'll be it'll be tough to do a worse job than Kitchens.
They're also walking into a situation where they have a top 10 pick yet dont need a QB. That's awesome when there are 3 QB's that could be drafted before the Browns pick, which means they'll have a shot at getting a good OT.
They also have a 2nd rounder and two 3rd's. 
If they revamp that Oline and find a reliable safety, the Browns will in great position personnel wise. They need to get this coaching situation right. 
If so, expect more progressive commercials in 2021.


They need a QB, they just won’t admit it for at least another year.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jgb said:

He will be a HC by Jan next year. Hopefully with the Jets. Gase will be fireable by then because we finish paying Bowles after next season.

I never wanted Gase here but if that happens that mean we are in for another bad season and I can’t root for that just to get rid of him.  I’m rooting for him to succeed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I never wanted Gase here but if that happens that mean we are in for another bad season and I can’t root for that just to get rid of him.  I’m rooting for him to succeed 

I don't root for rain but I keep an umbrella in my work bag.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...