Villain's First 2020 Mock Draft. W/trades. R 1-3

Trade Jamal Adams to the Cowboys for their 2020 1st round pick (17th) and 3rd round pick (82nd)

Trade down our 11th  pick to the Eagles for their 1st round pick (21st) and their 2nd round pick (54) at a shot at CeeDee Lamb

The Jets are now set up like this. 

1st: 17th Mekhi Becton OT Louisville

1st: 21st Solomon Kindley G Georgia

2nd: 48th Tee Higgins WR Clemson (Dude is Brandon Marshall all over again)

2nd: 54th Lucas Niang OT TCU

3rd: 68th Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame

3rd: 79th Shyheim Carter S/CB Alabama (Versatile and will help fill in for the Adams trade)

3rd: 82nd Bryan Edwards WR South Carolina (A very reliable receiver with some great hands)

We have very large, very strong yet athletic offensive linemen, we have big-bodied WR's with great size/speed ratios that can climb the ladder and should start day 1 given that we'll be cleaning house with the WR's and Robby Anderson is probably going to walk in FA. Sam Darnold, Jamison Crowder and Leveon Bell are now good to go. 

Some may ask why didnt I get a Center. I covered 3 of the top 5 problems on the Oline, and I thought that with Harrison on the field he was the best of the guys we had on the field. Maybe we can pick up something in FA. Some may ask why I didnt draft more defense. Im simply more concerned about putting points on the board and developing Darnold and how wasting Bell as a free agency acquisition. 

Add those weapons, that oline along with Chris Herndon, and we're basically playing alley-oop basketball on the football field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

In what dream world do we get Higgins at 48?

He’s a 1st rounder. 

I agree. Im using Walterfootball and they have him between 1-2. 

Last year their highest rated WR was Metcalf, that dude would have hit the 3rd round had the Seahawks not traded up for him. So you never know.

IMO, he's a 1st round talent. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Last year their highest rated WR was Metcalf, that dude would have hit the 3rd round had the Seahawks not traded up for him. So you never know.

Maybe we should ask @sec101row23 if he thinks Higgins would be worth taking a risk on in the 1st round? :P

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Maybe we should ask @sec101row23 if he thinks Higgins would be worth taking a risk on in the 1st round? :P

I'm no scout, but I would hazard a guess that NFL teams will be higher on Tee Higgins, than "draft media" projects. Higgins can step into virtually any scheme and be your defactor X (split end) receiver and likely WR1 on the team. I'd would take him before Lamb, 100%. 

On that note -- Villain, love where your heads at - but your asking a lot in the suspension of disbelief department, from me anyway. Cowboys aren't giving up #17 for Jamal (I'll put money on that)... let alone multiple picks. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm no scout, but I would hazard a guess that NFL teams will be higher on Tee Higgins, than "draft media" projects. Higgins can step into virtually any scheme and be your defactor X (split end) receiver and likely WR1 on the team. I'd would take him before Lamb, 100%. 

On that note -- Villain, love where your heads at - but your asking a lot in the suspension of disbelief department, from me anyway. Cowboys aren't giving up #17 for Jamal (I'll put money on that)... let alone multiple picks. 

If (I said if) the Cowboys are willing to spend that 1st round pick on a Safety, then they'd be willing to trade it for Adams, as they'd know what they'd be getting on the pro level. 

Maybe not multiple picks, but it's not at all outrageous to see the Jets walk away with their 17th overall pick. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

If (I said if) the Cowboys are willing to spend that 1st round pick on a Safety, then they'd be willing to trade it for Adams, as they'd know what they'd be getting on the pro level. 

Maybe not multiple picks, but it's not at all outrageous to see the Jets walk away with their 17th overall pick. 

I don't see it. It's more than just swapping a pick for a player. They have to extent Amari Cooper, Dak and whatever other people -- and there's no safety worth #17 IMO

I don't think it's happening. Teams get rightfully more protective of their picks near draft time... the time to strike is in october when teams think they have a shot and need that missing piece. 

We'll see, but I wouldn't my breath. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't see it. It's more than just swapping a pick for a player. They have to extent Amari Cooper, Dak and whatever other people -- and there's no safety worth #17 IMO

I don't think it's happening. Teams get rightfully more protective of their picks near draft time... the time to strike is in october when teams think they have a shot and need that missing piece. 

Totally agree.  Cowboys way have more issues right now than solving their safety issues, especially solving it by trading away a first round pick and paying that player $15 million per year.  Not happening.  Plus Mike McCarthy doesn’t seem like the HC that would want to have that kind of investment in the safety position, not sure there are really that many HC’s that want that much invested in a safety.  

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Totally agree.  Cowboys way have more issues right now than solving their safety issues, especially solving it by trading away a first round pick and paying that player $15 million per year.  Not happening.  Plus Mike McCarthy doesn’t seem like the HC that would want to have that kind of investment in the safety position, not sure there are really that many HC’s that want that much invested in a safety.  

exactly. word for word.

JN: Trade Adams, he's not worth it.

Also JN: everyone should want Adams. 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s the only one on my big board at 11.  I’d say I’m high on him ?

That said, there’s no way Higgins gets drafted by the Jets, that never happens for me.  

Just imagine, in an alternate universe next September the New York Jets have Deshaun Watson throwing TDs to Tee Higgins!

56 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s a freshman at U of Cincinnati.  Guy is massive for a QB, the ball looks like a small nerf ball in his hand.  Kind of an awkward motion though.  

Saw that he committed to Cincinnati... my goodness. What are they feeding these kids in grade school?! 

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

There are draft day trades in this league, the cap goes up every year and teams have the franchise tag at their disposal. 

In otherwords, if the cowboys want to trade for Adams and keep Coop, they can most definitely do so. 

No need to hold breath though, it's a mock draft in January. I've never put together a mock that ended up being anywhere near what actually happened, nor have I seen a mock outside of mine do it. Im just trying to make the trade down make sense. We know that the Cowboys are looking for that safety. This is what I think JD could do if the opportunity is there. 

• Upvote 1

I like the approach but I don't love the prospects and where they are taken but everyone has their preferences. That's just me. I think it would make a ton of sense to swap Kindley into Round 2 and Higging into Rd. 1. Seems like Kindley is a major reach at 21 and Higgins is almost certain to be gone by the 48th pick. Personally, I think Becton is a reach at 17 but I know he is a riser and if a team reeealy likes him as a future starting LT I don't see why you wouldn't take a chance on him that early. No guarantee he lasts till Rd. 2, thats for sure.  

• Sympathy 1