Early 2020 Jets over/under 7.5 wins what are you taking?

jgb

Jets 7.5 o/u what do you take?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. O/u 7.5

Under. Schedule gets harder. Roster improved but this team is two seasons away from being a playoff contender. Which means by the time they’re ready, Darnold will be facing an extension and Gase will be gone. This is technically only year one of the Douglass rebuild! He needs at least two and once Gase is fired that starts the new rebuild! Have I missed any other tropes from this place?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Tougher schedule than 2019, but a Mono-less Darnold, upgraded OLine and #weaponz, as well as a second year in the same offense get the Jets to 9 wins and a near miss of a Wild Card berth.

Yeah, a second year in the same 32-ranked offense.

Can't wait.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Other than Darnold I don't think the injuries had any appreciable effect on this team.

The good players that we lost were replaced by guys who played near to the level and in non difference makings spots (ILB)  Other injuries we had lousy players getting hurt and being replaced by guys not much lousier.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Under. The team should be better but the schedule goes from cake to brutal. Three west coast trips and the NFC and AFC West (9ers, Seahawks, Rams, Chiefs, Chargers.) The historically low level of travel for 2019 isn't talked about enough.

This 100%

It will be back to reality next year. The mono and the injuries ruined our chance to take advantage of the easiest schedule I can remember us ever having.

We’re in for six months of “but we finished 6-2” and “Sam was a top 10 QB in the last half” stuff. Just like last offseason when we heard about his HOF 3 out of 4 good game finish.

Unless Sam does a lot of work this offseason, fixes what he needs to fix in his game, 7 wins is the ceiling, even with a healthy, improved roster with a better OL. This is a QB driven league, it’s his third year. It’s time for this guy to step up.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This 100%

It will be back to reality next year. The mono and the injuries ruined our chance to take advantage of the easiest schedule I can remember us ever having.

We’re in for six months of “but we finished 6-2” and “Sam was a top 10 QB in the last half” stuff. Just like last offseason when we heard about his HOF 3 out of 4 good game finish.

Unless Sam does a lot of work this offseason, fixes what he needs to fix in his game, 7 wins is the ceiling, even with a healthy, improved roster with a better OL. This is a QB driven league, it’s his third year. It’s time for this guy to step up.

Take a break

• WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

holy crap you still don't get the Vegas thing? 

Yes, I do. They wouldn’t make the money they do if their spreads weren’t pretty close to accurate as a predictive model

If you look at the college bowl games this year, for instance, the Vegas-favored team won 96 % of the time.

They make their money by pitting 50 % of the money on either side, using algorithms that somehow ALSO tend to be smarter than than the experts and predict results at a high level of accuracy. If they didn’t, their model would fall apart.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I do. They wouldn’t make the money they do if their spreads weren’t pretty close to accurate as a predictive model

If you look at the college bowl games this year, for instance, the Vegas-favored team won 96 % of the time.

They make their money by pitting 50 % of the money on either side, using algorithms that somehow ALSO tend to be smarter than than the experts and predict results at a high level of accuracy. If they didn’t, their model would fall apart.

Sheep. Vegas is run by reptilians from Vega (why do you think they call it “Vegas” hmmmm??) who are part of the Illuminati and they use spreads to send coded messages to their invasion armada en route from the outer rim.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/8/2020 at 4:20 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Over all day. There is no way we have as many injuries or the level of OL ineptitude as we saw this year.
This was biblical.

9-7 is the floor if we bolster the OL the way I think JD will.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The floor is never 9-7 for this team. We are the NFL embodiment of Murphy’s Law.