Explain this to me?

Jetster

Why is everyone saying the Redskins & Lions are not in this years QB sweepstakes?

Staying with Stafford & the kid in Washington is stupid! 

Dont rule out these two teams opting for a QB. It's been proven over & over you need a QB & every year there's those couple of teams winning differently (Titans, ground & pound), Ravens (the Lamar RPO show). 

But it's been proven for longevity it takes a top notch QB. Seattle proved that by signing a free agent QB, but they still drafted Russell Wilson. 

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Why is everyone saying the Redskins & Lions are not in this years QB sweepstakes?

Dont rule out these two teams opting for a QB. It's been proven over & over you need a QB & every year there's those couple of teams winning differently (Titans, ground & pound), Ravens (the Lamar RPO show). 

But it's been proven for longevity it takes a top notch QB. Seattle proved that by signing a free agent QB, but they still drafted Russell Wilson. 

I think both are 100% in play. 

Rivera may have zero loyalty to Haskins.

Lions are definitely ready to find Staffords replacement. Lions fans hate him. (Insider info from my brother in law lol) 

3 QBs are going top 10. Idk why everyone thinks otherwise. Burrow is a lock, Tuas talent alone regardless of injury makes him a lock, and Herbert did enough over 4 years and his bowl game this year to justify a 1st round pick (he may not be a top 10 talent but hes a good college QB and will get over drafted) 

Vegas, Indy, and Tampa all pick directly after us and are all QB needy (possibly). Someone probably trades with us, or above us to get the 3rd QB on the board before they do. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah wtf Stafford literally has a fractured back you figure there’d be a little bit of speculation  lol. I don’t think Washington is going to pass on Young he’s a freak and now they’ll have Montez Sweat and Chase Young ffs. They’re not going to give up on Haskins yet too much invested 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Exactly the error made by the Jaguars and us.  Mahommes and Watson were available and we acted like our QB position was satisfactory.

You draft a QB until you find one.   We had McCowan and they had Bortles. Bortles had a VERY good year so he sort of fooled them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Yeah wtf Stafford literally has a fractured back you figure there’d be a little bit of speculation  lol.

It's still early in the process.  Detroit may well enter the QB sweepstakes.  

But it doesn't help that they're financially committed to Stafford for at least a couple more years (unless he retires).  It doesn't seem like it'll be possible for them to escape from his contract until 2022, at least from what I can tell:

Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus Workout Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $53,800,000 $68,700,000 $38,000,000 $2,500,000   $36,000,000   $157,000,000    

2020 32 $7,800,000 $13,000,000 $6,000,000 $500,000   $0   $21,300,000 10.7%  
$32,000,000
($10,700,000)
2021 ? 33 $9,500,000 $13,000,000 $10,000,000 $500,000   $0   $33,000,000 --  
$19,000,000
$14,000,000
2022 ? 34 $12,500,000 $3,000,000 $10,000,000 $500,000   $0   $26,000,000 --  
$6,000,000
$20,000,000
2023 35 $0 $3,000,000 $0 $0   $0   $3,000,000 --  
$3,000,000
$0
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

The Redskins expect Alex Smith back, have two other Veterans under contract and have #1 pick prospect Haskins. They will not draft a QB. They could trade down but I doubt it.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I think Washington takes the pass rusher from USC because they have always valued edge rushers. Almost more than QBs honesty. Plus.. Dan Snyder. 

I think mean Young from Ohio State but I agree.  Unless they want to pull an Arizona Cardinals and pivot off a highly drafted QB after just one season then he's the pick without a doubt, assuming he's there at #2.

• Upvote 1

Right. Stafford is old and has struggled to get over any real humps in his career. Bummer. I think he’s good.

Haskins was the shot taken by the previous failures in Washington. Ron may not like Haskins one bit and shock the world by grabbing Herbert or Tua.

How hilarious would that be?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

With only one more year to prove himself, I don't think Matt Patricia & Co take a QB.  I think they go with the CB from Ohio State.

37 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think mean Young from Ohio State but I agree.  Unless they want to pull an Arizona Cardinals and pivot off a highly drafted QB after just one season then he's the pick without a doubt, assuming he's there at #2.

Oh yeah. Thank,s I had to scrape ice off my car this morning. My brain had sadness. Thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

If Burrow is there at 2 I could see Washington taking him. Otherwise, there is no way they pass on Young for Tua or Herbert. 

As far as the Lions. I think they still very much believe Stafford can take them to the promised land. The question is, do they want to draft his eventual replacement now that they have this golden opportunity. Again, if Burrow falls, they could. Otherwise, odds are they will feel its too early to draft his replacement. High draft picks like that are expected to play in year one or year two. Stafford will still be their starting for the next 3 years. Just my guess.   

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

"July just called, he said.. stay in the house or I will cook you!"

This is why I'm never sympathetic to people in climates that get hit with hurricanes, tornadoes and such. What's their reply whenever we get hit with a massive storm? "Lol, hot here. Sucks to be you". 

Screw them. "Oh, you got a foot of water in your living room? Lol, dry here. Sucks to be you." ?

5 hours ago, freestater said:

This is why I'm never sympathetic to people in climates that get hit with hurricanes, tornadoes and such. What's their reply whenever we get hit with a massive storm? "Lol, hot here. Sucks to be you". 

Screw them. "Oh, you got a foot of water in your living room? Lol, dry here. Sucks to be you." ?

Floridians in Winter "In Florida we salt our Maragrita's not our sidewalks.

Floridians in Summer "OH MY GOD A HURRICANE PLEASE PRAY FOR US."

Yeah screw em

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1