Why do folks focus on other teams' misery/problems?

Just wondering why people are so focused on other teams' mistakes in threads here.  Or like to pound players that suck who we passed on, as some sort of validation of our lowly Jets?  Baker Mayfield sucks, look what the Giants did, the Browns are worse than us, look at what Brady and the Pats did, yada yada.  Who cares! 

I don't know, just seems weak and seems to imply some currency to the Jets being better as an organization, or that hey, we're not as bad as them or that player.  

All that really matters are the decisions this organization makes, the development of the players who are here, and the success of our coaches... there is no bonus as a Jets fan in other teams faltering, as far as I am concerned.  It doesn't replace the Jets winning or making good choices on their own, which hasn't happened much in recent years.  Seems to be more of a reflection of us not having much to cheer about on our own turf.  

Thoughts?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 - not much Jets news lately 

2 - the little Jets news we get is usually bad (injuries, bad decisions, draft busts, buttfumbles)

3 - chowds, pfish, vagiants, ESPN, NFLN and others enjoy reminding us of above 

4 - others teams compete with the Jets so our team has a better chance if the circus is elsewhere 

5 - discussing other teams issues builds unity and strength in Jetnation

6 - religious and political conversations are banned

7 - oh and nude pictures and profanity are also banned

we could talk music and movies but this a Jets football site so it is what it is...  :)

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, roscoeword said:

this is a Jet's forum, but it's also a football forum, especially when the Jets are eliminated so early.

lol new tagline for JetNation: "The World's biggest and best NY Jets fan forum from January to Halloween."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Because we’re football fans and enjoy talking about other football teams besides the sh*tty Jets.

Many of us happen to believe that a guy like Baker Mayfield is a goofy, dickish dickbag and take satisfaction out of watching him fall flat on his dickish face.

This stuff foreign to you or something? Seems like pretty standard sports fan behavior.

• Sympathy 1

Are you kidding me?

Seems like the only thing Jet fans do is talk about their own draft busts, FA busts, players who suck, players who are overpaid, players who should be traded b/c they will some day want to get paid lots of money, players who should be cut b/c they 'suck', players who suck b/c they got hurt, previous GMs who sucked, owner who sucks, draft position thats not high enough for their liking, Franchise QB whos not a Franchise QB b/c hes not good enough after his 2nd year.

Jets fans are some of the most self loathing humans I have ever interacted with. Just because a few threads pop up about OTHER teams making mistakes or doing what seems to be a mistake means nothing in the grand scheme of the self loathing misery of a Jet fan.

I am easily one of the most 'glass half full' guys on this forum and at times I've had to log off b/c of how negative all the posts were after one or two losses this season.      

2 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Just wondering why people are so focused on other teams' mistakes in threads here.  Or like to pound players that suck who we passed on, as some sort of validation of our lowly Jets?  Baker Mayfield sucks, look what the Giants did, the Browns are worse than us, look at what Brady and the Pats did, yada yada.  Who cares! 

I don't know, just seems weak and seems to imply some currency to the Jets being better as an organization, or that hey, we're not as bad as them or that player.  

All that really matters are the decisions this organization makes, the development of the players who are here, and the success of our coaches... there is no bonus as a Jets fan in other teams faltering, as far as I am concerned.  It doesn't replace the Jets winning or making good choices on their own, which hasn't happened much in recent years.  Seems to be more of a reflection of us not having much to cheer about on our own turf.  

Thoughts?

So which comments offended you? Because nobody bothers to post stuff like this unless their feathers have been ruffled. Personally, one can't help smile at the decline of the Pats or the complete cluster-f*ck that is now the NY Giants, our storied NY neighbors. Cleveland? Well, that's a bit of a stretch, although Baker Mayfield was certainly a topic here in the Darnold draft. Not sure why we can only speak about the Jets. Lots of stuff happens in the NFL that is worthy of discussion, unless of course your feathers are ruffled somehow.

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

It’s part of sports fandom. Fans of successful teams do the same thing, it’s not exclusive to Jet fans. 

Maybe even more. There is an active 150 page thread on a certain cheats forum about how much the Jets suck.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Thoughts?

Here? LOL - This happens with literally every sports fanbase everywhere. Seeing your rivals suffer is always fun. Patsfans has like a 3000+ thread that's seemingly always on their front page called "Jets suck". We live in their head as they do ours.

Sports, drink it in.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Are you kidding me?

Seems like the only thing Jet fans do is talk about their own draft busts, FA busts, players who suck, players who are overpaid, players who should be traded b/c they will some day want to get paid lots of money, players who should be cut b/c they 'suck', players who suck b/c they got hurt, previous GMs who sucked, owner who sucks, draft position thats not high enough for their liking, Franchise QB whos not a Franchise QB b/c hes not good enough after his 2nd year.

Jets fans are some of the most self loathing humans I have ever interacted with. Just because a few threads pop up about OTHER teams making mistakes or doing what seems to be a mistake means nothing in the grand scheme of the self loathing misery of a Jet fan.

I am easily one of the most 'glass half full' guys on this forum and at times I've had to log off b/c of how negative all the posts were after one or two losses this season.      

I'm a bandwagon Jets fan.  Started rooting for them in 64 when they were building toward a championship.  I'm still a glass half full guy.  It's half full of prune juice. 

• Haha 1