Jump to content
Kleckineau

Larry David told Jets GM to draft Lamar Jackson in 2018

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

LJ has a 66% completion pct, throws for 36 TDs vs 6 int's and you want to say he's worse than McCown .....really?  Shameful comparison without any basis in reality.

c'mon.  you know as well as i that jackson's pass completion rate would be way down if he was a flacco statue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 11:27 AM, jgb said:

The list of fans who would’ve made better GMs than Macc grows to 7.3 million

It's pretty much everyone but @Pac at this point

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rangerous said:

c'mon.  you know as well as i that jackson's pass completion rate would be way down if he was a flacco statue.

So you think throwing while moving decreases the difficulty of being accurate and not the converse? Really? Please explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, Adoni Beast said:

While Larry’s instincts on Lamar as a player were good, unfortunately he would be horrible if we drafted him.

I opened the thread to ask if anyone had reminded Larry David that Lamar Jackson wouldn't be good here.  Only Sam Darnold could be good here, as evidenced by how good Sam Darnold is here.

Carry On.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I opened the thread to ask if anyone had reminded Larry David that Lamar Jackson wouldn't be good here.  Only Sam Darnold could be good here, as evidenced by how good Sam Darnold is here.

Carry On.

Larry David for GM! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

So you think throwing while moving decreases the difficulty of being accurate and not the converse? Really? Please explain.

c'mon.  you know better than that one too.  the threat of jackson running puts defenses in the awkward position of defending the run or the pass.  the receivers will get uncovered if jackson threatens to run as the db's try to close up the line.  and don't forget that the receivers can also run to the ball more easily if they're uncovered so jackson can throw the balls out there and expect his receivers to run to them.

as for throwing on the run,  even darnold throws better on the run at times.  when jackson moves around he's buying time and he's buying space and vision so he can see his receivers better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CTM said:

It's pretty much everyone but @Pac at this point

 

Jackie Mason thought we should have drafted Sapp over Kyle Brady and Billy Crystal didn't like the Doug Jolley trade.

Add that to the celebrity Jet critiques. 

Its important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pac said:

 

Jackie Mason thought we should have drafted Sapp over Kyle Brady and Billy Crystal didn't like the Doug Jolley trade.

Add that to the celebrity Jet critiques. 

Its important.

Isn't that the point. Dope celebrities know better than our former GM and ah you

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pac said:

 

Jackie Mason thought we should have drafted Sapp over Kyle Brady and Billy Crystal didn't like the Doug Jolley trade.

Add that to the celebrity Jet critiques. 

Its important.

Let’s be fair a a piece of wood could have known the Jolley trade was hot garbage when it happened 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 1:08 PM, SAR I said:

If we drafted Josh Rosen, pining away writing desperate love letters for Lamar Jackson would be marginally appropriate.

We drafted Sam Darnold.  He's a better quarterback than Lamar Jackson. 

If you wanted a running back, if you wanted Brad Smith II, different story.  You've got Sam.  You've got nothing to complain about.

SAR I

Stupidest post I have read on this board in quite some time (and that is saying something). I love Sam but to say he is better than Jackson at this point in their careers shows some serious bias.  Did you actually compare Brad Smith to Jackson????   You have GOT to be kidding.   Last game of the season gave the purest example of how good Jackson is because he didn't play, RGIII did and if you could not see the difference in those two (both mobile quarterbacks who can run) than there is no point in continuing any conversation.   Sam can only hope and pray that he can have the kind of season (and record) Jackson just had.....  AS A PASSER.   I believe he can become a franchise quarterback but come on dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Stupidest post I have read on this board in quite some time (and that is saying something). I love Sam but to say he is better than Jackson at this point in their careers shows some serious bias.

Jackson busts when people figure out how to stop him. He completes 10 passes a game for 140 yards. That’s not a quarterback. That’s Brad Smith running around and dumping off 5x a half. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 8:28 PM, JA33 said:

Cuz Larry David is some football genius. Does he really think that he knew then how good Lamar would be? No one knew, in fact at least half of the teams out there were asking if he would be willing to transition to WR because they did not think he was going to be a good QB. Baltimore decided that the gamble was worth it, so much so that they were willing to revamp the entire offensive system to fit Lamar. So far the Ravens look like genius' and it has paid off very well for them. But I guess LD felt the need to toot his own horn about his football acumen. Thanks Larry, what would we do without you? 

Well I was in favor of drafting Jackson too.   Anyone who actually WATCHED his games knew that he could be at least as good if not better than Watson.  The bigger surprise is not how good he is but how FAST he became this good, doing it in only his second season.    Smart teams will adapt to the talent on the team.   It is not like we had a stone footed Flacco that we had to replace.  We had McCown who everyone knew would just be keeping the seat warm for whomever we drafted at QB.   You mean to tell me he couldn't have learned a thing or two sitting behind him for a few games?   This whole idea that he is some creation of the Ravens is really an insult to the kid, his talent, work ethic and desire.   I don't give a rip what anyone says.  This kid would have been good, no matter what team drafted him, as long as he got a chance to play.   Would he be MVP level good this quick, perhaps not, but lets not act live he would have been some bum if the Jets had drafted him.  Geno Smith he is not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 12:12 PM, HtownJet said:

Don’t pocket QB’s get hit as much as Jackson? Sacks, knock downs etc.

Exactly, anyone can get hurt at anytime.  The important thing is him learning to take what the defense gives him and then slide down, which he has been doing more of and avoiding getting hit trying for extra yardage.  It is like folks are looking for a reason for him to fail.   The playoffs will be a big test for him as teams have more time to prepare and the pressure goes up.  But that is the same for any young quarterback (see Goff last superbowl etc.)   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jackson busts when people figure out how to stop him. He completes 10 passes a game for 140 yards. That’s not a quarterback. That’s Brad Smith running around and dumping off 5x a half. 

SAR I

You hope lol.  He completes a whole lot more than 10 passes a game.  BTW let me know the next time Sam passes for 5 TDs in a game.    Why are you INVESTED in this kid failing?  For you to keep bringing up Brad Smith, who threw like 5 passes in his entire Jets career, says a lot more about you than perhaps you realize. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People been waiting for 10 weeks to crap on Lamar finally giddy to get their chance to do so.

Pretty pathetic

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, King P said:

People been waiting for 10 weeks to crap on Lamar finally giddy to get their chance to do so.

Pretty pathetic

People upset their savior sucked as bad as most posters thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

People upset their savior sucked as bad as most posters thought. 

He's nobody's savior on here.

It's just crazy how you have people seemingly rooting for him to fail 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King P said:

He's nobody's savior on here.

It's just crazy how you have people seemingly rooting for him to fail 

Realizing he was completely overhyped and one dimensional isn’t rooting for him to fail. He just isn’t a good NFL QB. Neither are a lot of other QBs that we bash. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Realizing he was completely overhyped and one dimensional isn’t rooting for him to fail. He just isn’t a good NFL QB. Neither are a lot of other QBs that we bash. 

It's obvious that the people that didn't like him as a QB were sitting back and waiting for this moment like "aha! See! I told you so!" Like 1 game erases the season he had.

He had a bad game. It is what it is. It happens. This Titans D made the "GOAT" QB look bad too. They're a pretty good defense. You need those to win titles you know

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, King P said:

It's obvious that the people that didn't like him as a QB were sitting back and waiting for this moment like "aha! See! I told you so!" Like 1 game erases the season he had.

He had a bad game. It is what it is. It happens. This Titans D made the "GOAT" QB look bad too. They're a pretty good defense. You need those to win titles you know

The GOAT QB hasn’t looked good 90% of the year. The D is the only reason why the Pats even had a good year and Henry smashes them.

Obviously people are going to be like see I told you when a player is being touted as the next great thing, someone who is changing the game forever like Sayers shows what they’ve been seeing. 
Jackson is great when he can run and the defense plays soft but that goes away in the playoffs. Vick was a better player (at this point) then Jackson and he had the same issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE:

Larry David now denying ever recommending Lamar Jackson to Mike McCag.

Says he is a victim of a smear campaign by someone trying to cause a ruckus up in there.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Problem Lamar has now is that he chokes in the playoffs.  At home.

Its now a trend, in the playoffs when the opposition can focus
on BAL offense and tendencies Jackson struggles.  Add yesterday's
game to the LAC fiasco:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3916387/type/nfl/year/2018

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3916387/type/nfl/year/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KRL said:

Its now a trend, in the playoffs when the opposition can focus
on BAL offense and tendencies Jackson struggles.  Add yesterday's
game to the LAC fiasco:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3916387/type/nfl/year/2018

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3916387/type/nfl/year/2019

If jackson can’t win with his legs he becomes beatable.  He’s not a bad pocket passer, he’s better than josh allen, but I’d rather take my chances with him than with Garapolo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I DON'T want a "scatback" for a QB... I'll Take SAM ANY DAY OF THE WEEK OVER Lamar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

If jackson can’t win with his legs he becomes beatable.  He’s not a bad pocket passer, he’s better than josh allen, but I’d rather take my chances with him than with Garapolo.  

Lamar IS A HORRENDOUS pocket passer... & he IS NOT Better than Josh Allen in the pocket... & Josh IS a Very POOR example of a good pocket passer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...