Jets #2 in attendance??

jmat321

4 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Is that tickets sold or the number of people that go through the turnstiles?  The eyes don't lie, there were a bunch of empty seats at most of the Jets games.  Then again, from the looks of things on tv, there are a bunch of empty seats in every stadium.

Yep. 

I have had NFL ticket for the past 3 seasons and I have noticed more and more empty seats in stadiums across the entire league. 

Honestly, the NFL experience is just a lot better at home. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yep. 

I have had NFL ticket for the past 3 seasons and I have noticed more and more empty seats in stadiums across the entire league. 

Honestly, the NFL experience is just a lot better at home. 

Agree to disagree. 

Having had season tickets for years and then taking a seat at home isn't the same.

Big screen TV's enhance the game day experience but there's nothing like being there in person. 

The subject has its pro's and con's for everyone and everyones situation is different. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

saw that the Jets were #2 behind Dallas in attendance this past season.  guess those steelers and raider games help

The Jets were #2 last year as well with no Raiders or Cowboys games.  They also had a higher attendance % than the Giants in the same stadium.

600754309_ScreenShot2020-01-08at1_04_53PM.png.112be9a7955a66c09d9ff0c96526b184.png

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree to disagree. 

Having had season tickets for years and then taking a seat at home isn't the same.

Big screen TV's enhance the game day experience but there's nothing like being there in person. 

The subject has its pro's and con's for everyone and everyones situation is different. 

I like being able to make food and drinks and whatnot. I also love being able to check in on multiple games while the Jets are on commercial. 

But I have had some amazing experiences at NFL games in person, so I respect what you are saying. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have been #2 in the NFL in attendance for the past three seasons, and since MetLife Stadium opened we have been Top 3.  So your wisecrack and assumptions are inappropriate and incorrect  

We built our stadium to accommodate 82,500 fans because it is in a metropolitan area of 20,000,000 (that’s twenty MILLION) people.  Compare that to New England’s 683,000 population or Seattle’s 710,000 population and their 60,000 seat buildings and you’ll come to understand two things:

1.  We have the same amount of opposing fans from a percentage standpoint.

2.  On any gameday there are more Jets fans in MetLife Stadium then there are Patriots fans in Gillette Stadium or Seahawks fans in CenturyLink Stadium.

SAR I

So with 20 million it isn't hard to accomplish.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets were #2 last year as well with no Raiders or Cowboys games.  They also had a higher attendance % than the Giants in the same stadium.

600754309_ScreenShot2020-01-08at1_04_53PM.png.112be9a7955a66c09d9ff0c96526b184.png

This must be wrong because I was told the Giants have the best fan base in the city 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

So with 20 million it isn't hard to accomplish.

I estimate that 7 million people of the 20 million in the NYC Metro region are Jets fans.

So the fact that a measly 10,000 of them can’t buy tickets on Stubhub just once a year for a lousy $39 to keep enemy fans out of our stadium should infuriate you.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I estimate that 7 million people of the 20 million in the NYC Metro region are Jets fans.

So the fact that a measly 10,000 of them can’t buy tickets on Stubhub just once a year for a lousy $39 to keep enemy fans out of our stadium should infuriate you.  

SAR I

If that were true they would have been able to sell out the upper ring via PSL. The Giants had a 30 year waiting list prior to MetLife. The Tri- state is no longer just jets and Giant fans.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

saw that the Jets were #2 behind Dallas in attendance this past season.  guess those steelers and raider games help

Cowboys, Giants, Raiders, and Steelers all had a tremendous amounts of road fans which boosted attendance. Hopefully next season will be on top with home fans. The slow start combined with the teams we played were the perfect storm for high amount of road fans.  Great to see the Jets had a winning record at home, including a current 4 game winning streak.

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

How did you arrive at the number of 7 million?   I imagine you're just joking.

I worked with a woman last fall that had never heard of Tom Brady here in Florida. 

I think it would be a stretch to say there are even 7 million NFL fans in the New York area.   Forget about just the Jets.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree to disagree. 

I would have argues at home is better, cheaper - food - hald time fun wiht your other half etc.  - but more recently i have gone to jets games and I really loved it. I dont think I want to do it more than once a season but it was alot of fun. It was too damn expensive though, it shouldn't cost 10 buck for anything at the game...stupid bastards..

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have been #2 in the NFL in attendance for the past three seasons, and since MetLife Stadium opened we have been Top 3.  So your wisecrack and assumptions are inappropriate and incorrect  

We built our stadium to accommodate 82,500 fans because it is in a metropolitan area of 20,000,000 (that’s twenty MILLION) people.  Compare that to New England’s 683,000 population or Seattle’s 710,000 population and their 60,000 seat buildings and you’ll come to understand two things:

2.  On any gameday there are more Jets fans in MetLife Stadium then there are Patriots fans in Gillette Stadium or Seahawks fans in CenturyLink Stadium.

SAR I

well I have STs so i'm pretty informed on the OOT fans.  Wasn't at the Dallas game, but we sure as hell were the away team for the Raider and Steeler games.  I knew we were always top 5.  Thought we were #3 or #4 last year.  

These numbers are clearly fudged by the Jets.

If you check the game by game attendance figures you'll see that all home Jets games have official attendance listed at 78,523.  Multiply that by 8 and you get the 628,184 total which places us second.

Clearly, exactly 78,523 did not walk through the turnstiles at every home game.  In addition, I also find it hard to believe that exactly 78,523 tickets were sold for every game.

So in other words, these attendance figures are completely unreliable. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/attendance.htm

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

What a load of crap comparing NY metro area total population to actual population of Seattle or Boston proper. Great way to skew statistics 

• Upvote 1