Jets #2 in attendance??

jmat321

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

1) I have a genuinely hard time buying that 78k figure having been to many home games in the last few years.

2) We have the 2nd biggest stadium. It's not like some of these other teams don't have more demand.

at 82,500 seats, we actually have the biggest, not second biggest stadium.

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

at 82,500 seats, we actually have the biggest, not second biggest stadium.

Depends. While the Cowboys have 80,000 NFL seats they have a lot of SRO spots:

The stadium has a main seating capacity of 80,000 but is expandable to seat nearly 100,000 fans for large events such as the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

What a load of crap comparing NY metro area total population to actual population of Seattle or Boston proper. Great way to skew statistics 

My understanding is that the numbers come from a similar radius of 50 miles. If you have better numbers, please, offer them up. But don’t tell me everyone in the state of Maine counts as a Patriot fan.  They’re not driving 5 hours each way every Sunday. 

SAR I

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yep. 

I have had NFL ticket for the past 3 seasons and I have noticed more and more empty seats in stadiums across the entire league. 

Honestly, the NFL experience is just a lot better at home. 

Not even close to live.

6 hours ago, Xtina said:

What a load of crap comparing NY metro area total population to actual population of Seattle or Boston proper. Great way to skew statistics 

But also a market where entertainment dollars are split with another football team, 3 hockey teams, two basketball teams, 2 baseball teams.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

But also a market where entertainment dollars are split with another football team, 3 hockey teams, two basketball teams, 2 baseball teams.

Yes.

And with 20 million people, you've got a million of them who quit on the Jets and Giants in 1980 and have been rooting for the likes of the Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins, and Steelers ever since.  Those weren't Cowboys fans who flew up from Dallas; they live in NY, NJ, and CT.

All teams have enemy fans.  The amount of 49ers fans two weeks ago invading Seattle is proof of that for those that still believe their 12th man BS.  What matters is that due to the size of MetLife Stadium there are more Jets fans in our building than there are fans of the Patriots in their building.  That is, for those that care about this.  As long as I'm in my seats, I really don't care who else is sitting everywhere else.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Is that tickets sold or the number of people that go through the turnstiles?  The eyes don't lie, there were a bunch of empty seats at most of the Jets games.  Then again, from the looks of things on tv, there are a bunch of empty seats in every stadium.

Attendance and sales are two different things