5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’d be number one on my list, along with one of the large number of Edge rushers available this year in F.A.

Then I’d pick Oline and Corner in the draft.

I’m not trying to rely on nothing but rookies to improve the OL next year.

You could sign both Joe Thuney and someone like Graham Glasgow or Andrus Peat with the money it would take to land Cooper or one of the top passrushers.

• Upvote 3
17 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’d be number one on my list, along with one of the large number of Edge rushers available this year in F.A.

Then I’d pick Oline and Corner in the draft.

OLine and WR are pretty deep in the Draft, I don't know if I'd go all-in for the most expensive WR in FA this year.  We need to sign one or two, but not sure if it should be Cooper.

• Upvote 4

I really like Cooper but I find it hard to believe Gase would want someone making that kind of money when he isn't thrilled about having Bell. I would prefer to retain Robby pending the price, I could probably be talked into using the transition tag for one year on him even though it's $16m. Let him test the market and then we get the option of first refusal.

It really depends if we think we'll be able to sign enough FAs to use up all our money and what we want to do with Adams. I'd then take a WR early in this draft, Lamb, Jefferson, Gandy Golden are a few I've kept my eye one but need to look into more

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If they were to sign Cooper, hell no to Anderson. Thomas will be cheap. 

Anderson for 10/12 a year or Cooper for 18/20 a year. Is Cooper double the value of Anderson on the field. Cooper is definitely better but is he twice as good?

Obviously I’m guessing on the price. 

• Upvote 2
43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

OLine and WR are pretty deep in the Draft, I don't know if I'd go all-in for the most expensive WR in FA this year.  We need to sign one or two, but not sure if it should be Cooper.

Anderson wants 15 mill reportedly, Id sooner pay more for Cooper and an edge. Then maybe pick up a WR in the draft.? - We also do not know if the Jets plan to trade assets for picks either?

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It's foolish to think adding a big name like Cooper is going to suddenly fix the offense. You can add skill positions until your blue in the face, if you don't have blocking, you're NEVER going to fix the offense. We'll overpay for someone that drops the ball way too many times as well. This team needs an OL. That's where ALL of our efforts should begin.

His drops aren’t bad. 
https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

DFD211C9-7A4A-4849-B2C7-812000D58D95.png

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It's foolish to think adding a big name like Cooper is going to suddenly fix the offense. You can add skill positions until your blue in the face, if you don't have blocking, you're NEVER going to fix the offense. We'll overpay for someone that drops the ball way too many times as well. This team needs an OL. That's where ALL of our efforts should begin.

well gase would probably use him like Oak did too..that would suck.

59 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Known game changers, I sooner pick a cheap young Tackle, than pay a fortune for a washed up vet. Cooper is a true #1 and is only 26.

I remember when WR’s didn’t become very good until 27, man how times have changed.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

We’re fixing the OL. That’s not even an argument. Gonna happen. 

Still gotta add WRs. 

• Upvote 2

We have to start drafting better. Thats our #1 problem. Been that way for a decade +. 

We need solid contributors on low rookie contracts cycling in and out.

not against signing 1 or 2 high priced FA players. Thats why id extend adams NOW. But this teams mistake has always been draft poorly and trying to make it up in high price FAs.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

You KNOW I'm a Bama guy but honestly I'd shy away from Coop. He's only 25 but , IMO, he plays as if he were older. Maybe he was just banged up in that Eagles game but he didn't show me much in that "must win"game, 4 catches for 24 yds. on 12 targets.

I'd much rather draft a tall, speedy WR.

He played banged up all year.  One of the comments Romo made in one of the broadcasts talking about Cooper, his contract, and him playing through the foot and knee injuries all year.    And watching that Eagles game is was evident, maybe because of the injuries, they were using him in a decoy roll and focusing on forcing the ball to Gallup.  I think Coopers a beast but I wouldn't sign him and that's only because this years draft class is incredibly deep at WR.  Any GM with half a brain, not named Idzik, can hit on some WR's in this draft

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I've seen him have more than 4 drops in a season (watching due to FF interest). He played better once he got to Dallas but always seems to have lingering injuries and plays a bit soft. I wouldn't pay him what he's going to want.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I've seen him have more than 4 drops in a season (watching due to FF interest). He played better once he got to Dallas but always seems to have lingering injuries and plays a bit soft. I wouldn't pay him what he's going to want.

Neither would I

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, nico002 said:

He’s a FA right?

why aren’t we talking about signing him?

I'm not a fan, he's a good route runner, has decent speed and good hands, yet there has always been something about him that to me isnt right.   It seems his effort is bi-polar like - some games he's electric, while others he looks like he's just going through the motions and cant wait to go home.

I hate the thought of trying to protect Darnold with rookies, hasnt he been through enough already?  Most of our cap space should be spent on the two best OL that Douglas can recruit.   Draft a WRs in rnd 1 and rnd 5,  EDGE Rnd 2, G and CB rnd 3, RB rnd 4...and yes Mr. Douglas must hit on every pick.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My guess is the Cowboys might still bring him back. If not, he deserves a seriously look. I’d much rather overpay him than Robby Anderson.

I’d say sign both, if possible. Cooper, Anderson, Crowder, and Herndon/Griffin are a nice set of targets for Darnold. 

That would let us use at least two premium picks on OL. 

If that’s too expensive, I would agree that Cooper > Anderson. 

Cooper is definitely intriguing, and hypothetically I'd much rather pay him $18-20M than Robby @ $13-15M per, but receiver is my #2 focus in both free agency and the draft behind the OL so I want to see a big push to sign Conklin and/or Thuney before anything else.  If you're able to come away with those two, you then enter the draft with the ability to focus on weapons in the 1st round and with 2 of our first 4 picks.