Jump to content
CTJetsFan

OT: Joe Judge press conference

Recommended Posts

Really impressive. Sounds like a young Tom Coughlin. Well prepared to meet the NY media.

Remains to be seen how he and the team does, but night and day when compared to Gase.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Really impressive. Sounds like a young Tom Coughlin. Well prepared to meet the NY media.

Remains to be seen how he and the team does, but night and day when compared to Gase.

So are you switching teams to become a NY Giants fan. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

I have no clue what this has to do with anything. 

Thinking back to Gase's introductory press conference.

If Gase could talk to the media the way this guy is, I think he'd be viewed differently by the fans. Obviously, results on the field mean the most.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Really impressive. Sounds like a young Tom Coughlin. Well prepared to meet the NY media.

Remains to be seen how he and the team does, but night and day when compared to Gase.

Strahan on behalf of the players told Coughlin he was being too strict, too much discipline. Then they won the SB, go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

Strahan on behalf of the players told Coughlin he was being too strict, too much discipline. Then they won the SB, go figure.

Credit to Coughlin.  He listened and changed. Too many hard-headed personalities in this League go down with the Ship! Their own 1-man Ship.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Judge, pretty impressive news conference.  You never know with rookie coaches.....every head coach is a first-timer at some point so why not now for Judge?  He also has a career Head Coach winning percentage higher than Gase so there's that.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I like Judge, pretty impressive news conference.  You never know with rookie coaches.....every head coach is a first-timer at some point so why not now for Judge?  He also has a career Head Coach winning percentage higher than Gase so there's that.

Ron Rivera took the ping pong tables and pool tables out of the Panthers locker room. In his PC he said that forgotten word nowadays....Discipline. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanna hear a hot one ??? You wont here this from too many other commentators.

Joe Judge is going to be a *winning* NFL HC.

Matt Rhule is going to fail as an NFL HC.  

Mark it. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I like Judge, pretty impressive news conference.

Its LIVE right now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

 

gotta love a team making hiring decisions based on what will placate the dumbest members of the fanbase

Still, you have to assume the Giants are in good hands. I mean the fans might be fooled by a guy hitting all the right buzzwords with the appropriate level of intensity, but you're not pulling a fast one on this guy:

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

 

gotta love a team making hiring decisions based on what will placate the dumbest members of the fanbase

When the Jets played like that we all loved them.   Honestly, when the NY NFL teams play that way, the fans not only like it better, but the teams win more.

Its not just the blue collar fan base.  Its the weather.  Play physical in the trenches and run the ball well, you play better in the Meadowlands in December and January.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Its LIVE right now? 

It was on about an hour or two ago.  NFL Network had it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Still, you have to assume the Giants are in good hands. I mean the fans might be fooled by a guy hitting all the right buzzwords with the appropriate level of intensity, but you're not pulling a fast one on this guy:

 

 

When he said they hired “four computer folks,” I knew they were headed in the right direction

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, the number 1 thing you look for in a HC is saying the right thing at a press conference. I never liked the Gase hire, but it had nothing to do with his press conference; we knew Idzik was an idiot long before his botched press conference. He may be a great HC, but none of it matters until you see how the team does and if they start off hot, how they do at the end of the season or the following year.

I said this in the JD conference thread. You can only fail in the PC. Nothing can be gained in it. The words mean nothing, only the results unless you use the wrong words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

did you hear rhule speak, sounds like a preacher.  rex spoke great.  belichick is the worst speaker.  coaching matters, not orating.

Agreed....Rhule sounded like a preacher. So did Herm. Rex was more like a cheerleader. And Bowles was......Bowles.

Was just pointing out as a football fan that the guy impressed given most everyone's (including mine) reaction to him getting the job.

It remains to be seen if he becomes a good HC.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

did you hear rhule speak, sounds like a preacher.  rex spoke great.  belichick is the worst speaker.  coaching matters, not orating.

And Kotite was a complete gentleman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

If Gase could talk to the media the way this guy is, I think he'd be viewed differently by the fans. Obviously, results on the field mean the most.

So he wouldn’t be viewed differently at all?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

did you hear rhule speak, sounds like a preacher.  rex spoke great.  belichick is the worst speaker.  coaching matters, not orating.

A huge part of coaching is communication and commanding respect.  One look at Macadoo's suit and the 2nd was right out.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

A huge part of coaching is communication and commanding respect.  One look at Macadoo's suit and the 2nd was right out.  

belichick mumbles through every press conference and i'm confident he commands respect and communicates to his assistant coaches and players effectively.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

When he said they hired “four computer folks,” I knew they were headed in the right direction

The pencil necks in the media pearl clutching over *gasp* padded football practices aren’t the ones to placate either. Tough sledding either way in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I have no clue what this has to do with anything. 

Giant Nation

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I have no clue what this has to do with anything. 

Closet NY Giants fan. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

All I can say is listen for yourself (if you care too). It was impressive.

I know it was just an introductory press conference, but we haven't had a coach that sounded like that since Parcells.

rex and herm were pretty impressive speakers.  both got to the playoffs.  

can you imagine what the spin would have been if the giants hired a special teams coach from any team other than the patriots.  it still amazes me that people think that belichick sits there grooming coaches to be the next him.  BB could care less about them - they are replaceable parts - like mangini.  they serve his purpose, like weis, they cash out and maybe they get lucky with a good quarterback in their next stop.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give them credit for hiring a HC instead of a DC or an OC.  He's definitely the HC not the OC or the DC.  Gettleman isn't going to control this guy, no way.  This is not a yes man.  Good first day.  To be determined...

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I give them credit for hiring a HC instead of a DC or an OC.  He's definitely the HC not the OC or the DC.  Gettleman isn't going to control this guy, no way.  This is not a yes man.  Good first day.  To be determined...

Mara is pretty good about staying out of things, Tisch just became lil more involved in the football side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

rex and herm were pretty impressive speakers.  both got to the playoffs.  

can you imagine what the spin would have been if the giants hired a special teams coach from any team other than the patriots.  it still amazes me that people think that belichick sits there grooming coaches to be the next him.  BB could care less about them - they are replaceable parts - like mangini.  they serve his purpose, like weis, they cash out and maybe they get lucky with a good quarterback in their next stop.  

The fact that he is coming from the Patriots has nothing to do with my opinion of how he did today.

Rex & Herm are like Trump - they really never say anything of substance or anything you believe.

Best way I can say it - he sounds like a football coach (should)

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Mara is pretty good about staying out of things, Tisch just became lil more involved in the football side.

When Parcell's started to win he got into it pretty good with George Young.  They were actually good for each other.  Gettleman is no George Young.  I could see this guy making life miserable for Gettleman.  He looks very determined not to fail.  You're probably right.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

The fact that he is coming from the Patriots has nothing to do with my opinion of how he did today.

Rex & Herm are like Trump - they really never say anything of substance or anything you believe.

Best way I can say it - he sounds like a football coach (should)

We don't talk politics here and Rex and Herm won

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...