First Free Agency Call - Graham Glasgow

BCJet

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

does anyone have Joe Douglas email address?  can someone send him this link.  Just in case he doesn't know that this person might be available as a free agent.  i wouldn't want him to miss the chance.  

or since email can get deleted by accident, can someone hand deliver a video tape of this guy.  thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

But he's a free agent who is going to cost money!!!!!!!!!

I believe you ignored the caveat that I'd be cool with 2nd and 3rd tier FA's who aren't signed in the early waves of free agency, which would hopefully protect our ability to earn a compensatory pick for Robby and our other UFA's that we elect to let go.

Glasgow might just fall into that camp.  He's a former late 3rd round pick (# 95 overall) on a team that isn't exactly a perennial contender.  Just the kind of under-the-radar signing that makes a ton of sense.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

does anyone have Joe Douglas email address?  can someone send him this link.  Just in case he doesn't know that this person might be available as a free agent.  i wouldn't want him to miss the chance.  

or since email can get deleted by accident, can someone hand deliver a video tape of this guy.  thanks!

If Mike McCagnan was still our Gm this would be a 100% legit post.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe you ignored the caveat that I'd be cool with 2nd and 3rd tier FA's who aren't signed in the early waves of free agency, which would hopefully protect our ability to earn a compensatory pick for Robby and our other UFA's that we elect to let go.

Glasgow might just fall into that camp.  He's a former late 3rd round pick (# 95 overall) on a team that isn't exactly a perennial contender.  Just the kind of under-the-radar signing that makes a ton of sense.

I know nothing about him but this article says he's going to be highly sought after which means we might get into war we apparently cant win with Buffalo for his services. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I know nothing about him but this article says he's going to be highly sought after which means we might get into war we apparently cant win with Buffalo for his services. 

That's why he needs to be our first call.  Didn't you read the thread title?

• Upvote 1

How do we think Jordan Jenkins feels about not being extended?

What do we think the likelihood of signing our own FAs when we have not extended them?

JD must be planning a complete overhaul.  

Glasgow would be perfect to add to the Jets.  The real question will be how much he costs. 

40 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Don't worry he knows what he is doing.

Scherff has made the pro bowl 3 out of his 5 years in the NFL.  

Glasgow 0 in 4.

Maybe it's not draft position causing people to want Scherff more.  I want Scherff more because he's better.

Might it be a better cost/benefit to sign Glasgow over Scherff?  Maybe.  

47 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Totally agree. Sign Beach and Lewis. Sign Glasgow and Conklin. Give Harrison a real shot. But draft competition/depth for all of them. Fact is, we basically have to sign our entire O-line this year. So grab the top playmaker in R1, then O-Line the next day. 

1st Round: WR

2nd Round: OT

3rd Round: OC

3rd Round: OG

I think resigning Beachem and Lewis would be great and let Shell walk but as for the draft id flip OT and WR. 

We could take our LT of the future and put him on the right side for 2020 and have a truly dominant right side of the line (the difference between a Glasgow/Wirfs tandem compared to Winters/Shell is beyond comprehension). Start Harrison at center while also grooming his replacement and find a WR like Michael Pittman in the 2nd round.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

look, after our last 2 GM i am not willing to take a chance.  You live in the central NJ area right?  drive over and drop some tape off.  

I will closely monitor the Florham Park N.J police blotter and news agencies for a crazed fan arrested at NY Jets headquarters for trying to deliver a suspicious package and demanding management review it. (game film) 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I think resigning Beachem and Lewis would be great and let Shell walk but as for the draft id flip OT and WR. 

We could take our LT of the future and put him on the right side for 2020 and have a truly dominant right side of the line (the difference between a Glasgow/Wirfs tandem compared to Winters/Shell is beyond comprehension). Start Harrison at center while also grooming his replacement and find a WR like Michael Pittman in the 2nd round.  

Yeah I see WR and OT as interchangeable. Take whoever is the better value at 11. Both are VERY strong classes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Totally agree. Sign Beach and Lewis. Sign Glasgow and Conklin. Give Harrison a real shot. But draft competition/depth for all of them. Fact is, we basically have to sign our entire O-line this year. So grab the top playmaker in R1, then O-Line the next day. 

1st Round: WR

2nd Round: OT

3rd Round: OC

3rd Round: OG

I agree but you could also draft multiple OTs and train them to move inside which is what the Cowboys have done throughout the years... Keep drafting OTs, move inside for the first year or two and then as they understand the system better move them to the outside to keep the price of the OL reasonably low and you play the best personnel from outside to in regardless of what they were in college. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I agree but you could also draft multiple OTs and train them to move inside which is what the Cowboys have done throughout the years... Keep drafting OTs, move inside for the first year or two and then as they understand the system better move them to the outside to keep the price of the OL reasonably low and you play the best personnel from outside to in regardless of what they were in college. 

Excellent point. 

I honestly wonder what this coaching staff thinks of Edoga. If he can be a solid RT, that solves a lot of issues moving forward. 

And any of these guys... Braden, McDermott...if any can at least be a backup, that's a win for next year. 

8 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Excellent point. 

I honestly wonder what this coaching staff thinks of Edoga. If he can be a solid RT, that solves a lot of issues moving forward. 

And any of these guys... Braden, McDermott...if any can at least be a backup, that's a win for next year. 

Getting beat due to physical limitations, which was the case with Edoga isn’t a huge deal for a rookie (see Brick). What is a big deal is his attitude and work ethic in the building. 

JD needs to determine if he has shed his “lazy” reputation from college to be a guy who will put in the time to get stronger and more technically sound. If he is, then we have a future starter at one of the tackle spots.  If he isn’t, then hopefully we have a swing tackle for 3 more years. 

• Upvote 1