Rank the remaining playoff QB's

If you're picking one guy to take you there, who you got?  My list of preference would look like this:

Russell Wilson - guy is balling in his prime.  Been to 2, won 1  Arguably the best QB in the league

Aaron Rodgers - would be #1 if he was younger but he's not quite the same guy even though he's still really good.  Arguably the most talented Qb of all time, I think he's still got some magic

Deshaun Watson - the kid is absolutely dynamic and redefines the word clutch

Patrick Mahomes - slightly trust him more then the next guy

Lamar Jackson - needs to prove it in the postseason before I can trust him more

Kirk Cousins - his performance the other day showed me he's got some balls

Jimmy G. - got to see it to believe it

Tannehill - I forgot he was still in it’s  haha

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, King P said:

Rodgers is decaying before our very eyes. He's almost to the point where he's living off his name. Still very good, but not the at the top of the list anymore.

Wilson

Mahomes

Watson

Rodgers 

Jackson

Cousins

Garoppolo

Tannehill

He's not what he once was but he's still incredibly efficient. 

The guy threw 4 interceptions this year. 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He's not what he once was but he's still incredibly efficient. 

The guy threw 4 interceptions this year. 

He's efficient no doubt. But he's not the guy that can carve up defenses anymore. In fact I can't remember the last time I saw him overthrow his receivers as much as he did this season.

When Devante Adams got hurt, Rodgers looked completely ordinary. I understand his receiving core was weak outside of Adams. But Rodgers has always been looked at as a Peyton/Brady type QB in the sense that he can make any receiver look good/better. And that definitely wasn't the case.

GB's last game against Detroit Week 17 told me all I needed to know. Rodgers from 4 years ago would have carved up that weak Lions secondary.

He's lucky he has a very good running game and defense. Or else the Packers wouldn't have even made it this far

• Upvote 1

Just now, King P said:

He's efficient no doubt. But he's not the guy that can carve up defenses anymore. In fact I can't remember the last time I saw him overthrow his receivers as much as he did this season.

When Devante Adams got hurt, Rodgers looked completely ordinary. I understand his receiving core was weak outside of Adams. But Rodgers has always been looked at as a Peyton/Brady type QB in the sense that he can make any receiver look good/better. And that definitely wasn't the case.

GB's last game against Detroit Week 17 told me all I needed to know. Rodgers from 4 years ago would have carved up that weak Lions secondary.

He's lucky he has a very good running game and defense. Or else the Packers wouldn't have even made it this far

I agree that he has declined. 

I live in Wisconsin and have watched a bunch of packer games over the years. You are right - he's not quite the same player he was from 2009-2018

• Upvote 1

I'm ranking them in terms of who I'd want as QB of my team long term

1. Mahomes - great passer, young, and dynamic

2. Wilson - clutch, playmaker, and still relatively young, still has plenty of football left in him

3. Jackson - the guy is a beast, I'm a little worried about his long term health, if they tone down the running a bit that would help his chances of staying healthy

4. Watson - also young, also a playmaker and also clutch with lots of potential

5. Rodgers - he's getting up there in age, but has a little more football left in him to make a 3-4 year run

6. Garapolo - he is young and is talented, not as high a ceiling as Mahomes or Watson, but still a very good QB

7. Tannehill - has looked very good year and still has plenty of football left, benefits from the run game but can still win with him

8. Cousins - even though he is 8th, he is still a very good player and has shown he can step it up at times last week in New Orleans, a very difficult place to play in January with that crowd against that team

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Now I'll rank them based on just this playoff run, considering health and current play only

1. Jackson - he is near unstoppable between his nasty speed and quickness, not to mention his great deep throws

2. Wilson - clutch and has done it before, can't count him out until the final whistle

3. Mahomes - would probably be number 1 if he was healthy, but still dangerous none the less

4. Tannehill - the guy has been great this season, very accurate and plays well with a compliment run game

5. Watson - found a way to bring his team back down multiple scores in the 2nd half against a top tier defense, he's a playmaker period

6. Garapolo - played well this season, and while he's not a world beater he is very good and has made plays when needed this year

7. Rodgers - despite not being super impressed with him this season, he is still a former MVP with a cannon for an arm and can move as well

8. Cousins - played well last week but still has to prove he can do it for 3 more games to break the label of him folding when it counts most

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ID. said:

Jackson

Mahomes

Rodgers 

Wilson 

Watson

Tannehill

Garoppolo

Cousins

I’d switch Wilson and Mahomes because Russell won one, but other than that this works. Lamar “ the truth” Jackson aka MVP is the future of the the league. Period. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

If you're picking one guy to take you there, who you got?  My list of preference would look like this:

Russell Wilson - guy is balling in his prime.  Been to 2, won 1  Arguably the best QB in the league

Aaron Rodgers - would be #1 if he was younger but he's not quite the same guy even though he's still really good.  Arguably the most talented Qb of all time, I think he's still got some magic

1. Mahomes 

2. Mahomes

3. Mahomes

4. Mahomes

5. Mahomes 

6. Mahomes 

7. Mahomes

8. Mahomes

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Russell Wilson - If I had my pick off all of these quarterbacks, I'd pick Russell every day and twice on Sundays. He's an amazing leader and the glue that brings and holds a team together. He's probably one of the most liked QB's league wide on this list. 

Aaron Rogers - Great quarterback but comes off as an a-hole. If Kobe Bryant were a quarterback, he'd be Aaron Rodgers. 

Patrick Mahomes - best arm left in the playoffs. Reminds me of Favre. Can fit a ball into the tightest of windows. Very fun to watch.

Deshaun Watson - The game is never over with a guy like this. Finds a way to make it happen. Like JiF said, CLUTCH. 

Kirk Cousins - props to Cousins for leading his team to a win at New Orleans vs 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Drew Brees.

Lamar Jackson - hasn't won a playoff game yet, so I can't elevate him yet. He could go to the top of this list after the playoffs.

Jimmy Garoppolo - Mr. GQ has a quick release like Marino. Super accurate. Like Lamar, he can elevate this ranking in the playoffs. Got to prove it during the playoffs, not just regular season.

Ryan Tannehill - this guy is the conssumate game manager and you can win a championship with a quarterback like this with the proper team around him. Nothing to be ashamed of. 

Russell Wilson - Gamer.  Super Bowl winner.  Makes it happen when the chips are down.

Lamar Jackson - I think this will be his coming out party! Regular season carries over to the postseason.

Aaron Rodgers - Super Bowl winner.  Knows he doesn't have many chances left.  Makes magic happen in important situations.

Deshaun Watson - Experienced and has ice in his veins.  He's been clutch since he won the National Championship at Clemson.

Patrick Mahomes - Talented and now experienced.  I think the loss to NE last year at home in the playoffs is motivating him.

Kirk Cousins - Has finally won a playoff game.  Nobody expects them to win in SF....for once, no pressure on the guy and that could make him play even better.

Jimmy G. - Unknown.  First time in the big spotlight and pressure is on as a #1 seed.

Tannehill - Has a high completion rate on handoffs to Derrick Henry.  Continues handing it to Derrick Henry.  Becomes very interesting if Ravens go up big early and force Tannehill to have to throw to win.  When I say interesting I mean in a bad way for the Titans. lol

• Sympathy 1

Russel Wilson - best in the NFL IMHO and not only can he put you on his back but he certainly won't lose it for you with dumb mistakes either. I don't blame that dumb SB call by Bevell on Wilson it was just the dumbest call in NFL history for so many reasons

Patrick Mahomes - Most exposive QB of the bunch and I rate him real close to Wilson and at some point will probably surpass him as the best in the NFL. Hes also a guy who won't lose the game with dumb mistakes

Aaron Rogers - He's got a team around him now.... not what he was 6 + years ago but still great. Like the other 2 you don't have to worry about him making the boneheaded mistake like Brett Favre used to do regularly. I know I've said that 3 times with these first 3 QB's but you can't overlook that when you are facing top defenses in the playoffs... you just can't make dumb mistakes that can cost you the game. Rogers is probably the most mistake free QB ever.

DeShaun Watson - Certainly capable and very clutch hard to even rank him 4th he's proven a lot and now has a playoff win under his belt lets see if he can keep up his clutch play because he was dynamic in the first round. Damn he's Clutch :)

Lamar Jackson - This kid is a fantastic Football player but I would like to see how he reacts if a team shuts down either part of his game. If he is forced to throw and teams can play him straight up with great defense how will he react in a playoff atmosphere when it's so easy to fall into desperation mode by falling behind. Obviously he has the tools, does he have the patience and the smarts in a lose and go home senario ?

Jimmy Garoppolo - I loved this guy coming out of college and wanted the Jets to draft him but they did not. He has the best all around team behind him IMO so will he have what it takes in the playoffs ? I put him in the same category as Jackson when it comes to "Can you get it done in the playoffs"

Kirk Cousins - if they don't protect him they will never win... period. He's a damn good QB when not pressured but when he is it can fall apart or he goes in a shell. He certainly has a nice receiving group and a great RB so if this team can establish the run they can beat anyone but IMHO that's the only way they can win, Establish the run

Ryan Tannehill - This guy really took a step forward this year and was very impressive. Has a good all around team behind him and a great running game. If they run the ball and can utilize play action they will be tough for anyone to beat them. Same question as always does he have what it takes to face a top Defense every week leading the the SB ? Was this just a streaky QB just being streaky or did someone finally figure out how to use him to the best of his ability ?

FWIW we can rate these guys all we want but it comes down to the teams . So no matter how I rate these guys its not how I feel about who's going to win and get to the SB.

SB = San Fran vs Kansas City 

Winner San fran

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, JiF said:

can't argue this order. 

If you need a guy from here on out it would be hard to not chose Wilson over Rodgers. 

other thought is how frustrated I still am that we didn't draft Mahomes or Watson..... 

oh and Tannehill, lol... yeah big NO, ill pass