Rank the remaining playoff QB's

On 1/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, slimjasi said:

He's not what he once was but he's still incredibly efficient. 

The guy threw 4 interceptions this year. 

There's a case to be made that Rodgers is a bit too risk-averse, and the low INT count isn't the best sign.  Like he might be a rich man's Alex Smith.  And that might be a possible explanation for why he has a 5-6 record in the playoffs since he won the Super Bowl in 2010.  

Still one of the greatest QB's of all-time, but he just leaves a little bit to be desired that's hard to define.    

Wilson is clutch as they come and I think this is KC's year, so I have to rank Rodgers behind Wilson and Mahomes at the moment.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's a case to be made that Rodgers is a bit too risk-averse, and the low INT count isn't the best sign.  Like he might be a rich man's Alex Smith.  And that might be a possible explanation for why he has a 5-6 record in the playoffs since he won the Super Bowl in 2010.  

Still one of the greatest QB's of all-time, but he just leaves a little bit to be desired that's hard to define.    

Wilson is clutch as they come and I think this is KC's year, so I have to rank Rodgers behind Wilson and Mahomes at the moment.  

I agree

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree

Well yeah cause you know QB's are the only guys on the team

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well yeah cause you know QB's are the only guys on the team

This has been a consistent trend for Rodgers over the last 9 years.  At some point, the sample size gets large enough and the other variables get washed out.  

Rodgers got his coach fired and has plenty of weapons plus a beastly OL.  There's really no excuse if they have another early playoff exit this season.  

Again, Rodgers is still one of the all-time greats regardless.  But given his incredible gifts it would be a real shame if he finishes with only 1 SB ring.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2020 at 6:18 PM, JiF said:

If you're picking one guy to take you there, who you got? 

1, Rodgers - Been there, elite QB, knows his opportunities are getting limited, time-wise.

2. Wilson - Been there, good enough QB to win a Title.  

3 Tie. Mahomes/Watson/Cousins - All are new here, all are very good to great at times QB's.  Time to prove it in the big moment.

6. Tannehill - Better than most Jets Fans admit, much better before and after Gase.  They have a legit shot tonight IMO in the bad weather.

7. Jackson - Lets see how he runs and throws in the swampy windy rains predicted for tonight.  Balt. might be more defense than offense today.

8. Jimmy G. - um, ok?  Must be east coast bias, I forgot he was still a thing.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This has been a consistent trend for Rodgers over the last 9 years.  At some point, the sample size gets large enough and the other variables get washed out.  

Rodgers got his coach fired and has plenty of weapons plus a beastly OL.  There's really no excuse if they have another early playoff exit this season.  

Again, Rodgers is still one of the all-time greats regardless.  But given his incredible gifts it would be a real shame if he finishes with only 1 SB ring.  

The reason why the Packers made the playoffs at any point the last 9 years was due to Rodgers . At the point in the playoffs they ran into better teams with better defenses and better running games they lost. if its not there Rogers is not going to lose the game with dumb mistakes trying to force passes in. Mistakes will kill you playing smart at the very least does not put points in the other teams hands. To even think of comparing Rodgers to Alex Smith in respect to taking some chances is crazy

The reason why the Packers made the playoffs at any point the last 9 years was due to Rodgers . At the point in the playoffs they ran into better teams with better defenses and better running games they lost. if its not there Rogers is not going to lose the game with dumb mistakes trying to force passes in. Mistakes will kill you playing smart at the very least does not put points in the other teams hands. To even think of comparing Rodgers to Alex Smith in respect to taking some chances is crazy

He’s an all time great, like I said, hence why they’re always contenders. That doesn’t make my argument untrue. He’s left a lot of big games on the table. Playing “not to lose” can, and does, hurt your chances of winning playoff games.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Might need to move Lamar to the bottom.  Can’t win when it counts.  All these other dudes have. 

I pretty much nailed Lamar in my description, "what happen's when you take one part of his game away ?" Ducks Ducks and more Ducks and its the same damn thing every time, with every running QB.... play good during the regular season then promptly fall apart when the stout playoff defense stops you from running. After a few season's of taking those big hits your body starts to break down, you can no longer win throwing the football and you become Micheal Vick. I really hope Lamar can get past this, I think he's a good kid but I'm not sure he can do something history tells us will just break him down over time.

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I pretty much nailed Lamar in my description, "what happen's when you take one part of his game away ?" Ducks Ducks and more Ducks and its the same damn thing every time, with every running QB.... play good during the regular season then promptly fall apart when the stout playoff defense stops you from running. After a few season's of taking those big hits your body starts to break down, you can no longer win throwing the football and you become Micheal Vick. I really hope Lamar can get past this, I think he's a good kid but I'm not sure he can do something history tells us will just break him down over time.

Crazy looking back how many folks were so confident in him.  The regular season is one thing, playoffs is a different beast.  He can’t be trusted at this point.  Video games plays and stats are cool but winning when it matters takes a different level of play that I’m not sure Jackson has, dating back to college.

The QBs that should have been Jets battle today is going to be fun.  I don’t think the Texans are near the team as the Chiefs but Watson is special and special matters when the stakes are high.  Watson has been proving that since college. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Crazy looking back how many folks were so confident in him.  The regular season is one thing, playoffs is a different beast.  He can’t be trusted at this point.  Video games plays and stats are cool but winning when it matters takes a different level of play that I’m not sure Jackson has, dating back to college.

The QBs that should have been Jets battle today is going to be fun.  I don’t think the Texans are near the team as the Chiefs but Watson is special and special matters when the stakes are high.  Watson has been proving that since college. 

This is going to be the game of the weekend. I think both QBs will have a good game, but I can't see Mahomes not carving up Houston's D. Chiefs improving D will put some resistance and probably come up with a timely takeaway or 2.

P.S. - i seen you digging up old posts to read/react to. Man, I still can't believe I had Kizer as my QB 1 in that draft, what was I thinking ??‍♂️ By the time the draft came around, I wanted either Kizer or Watson, but damn. Watson should have been my full QB1 from the start

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Houston has a good chance of winning. 

Reid teams often comes up small in playoffs too, and Titans winning just put a mountain of pressure on KC. They have to get through the 4th and 6th seeds to get to SB. A 9 and 10 win team. The titans rolled out the red carpet for them and now they are supposed to win 

21 minutes ago, CTM said:

Houston has a good chance of winning. 

Reid teams often comes up small in playoffs too, and Titans winning just put a mountain of pressure on KC. They have to get through the 4th and 6th seeds to get to SB. A 9 and 10 win team. The titans rolled out the red carpet for them and now they are supposed to win 

That’s true but arrowhead is a tough place to play and KCs D is real now.  Texans need to do a lot better job of protecting Watson of they’re going to pull off the upset.  

Just now, JiF said:

That’s true but arrowhead is a tough place to play and KCs D is real now.  Texans need to do a lot better job of protecting Watson of they’re going to pull off the upset.  

Kc should win, I just think Titans upset increases choke chances

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Yup Watson is one of those guys that will make the clutch play actually numerous clutch plays and take his team on his back. He is the real deal but Im not sure he can out gun Mahomey :)

Also the Chiefs defense has started to play well just at the right time .