Top RB's in the 2020 Draft.

17 minutes ago, slats said:

RB is so far down the list for me. I won’t care if they don’t take one at all. 

Bell and _________ young rookie speedster would be an awesome tandem at RB. 

Many teams have a 2 RB's that can both takeover a game. 

Checkout the teams in the playoffs. 

49ers have 4 

Ravens 2 

Packers 2 

Vikings 2 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We need some speed at RB look at the teams in the playoffs they all have a 1-2 punch and a RB who can break the big run. 

A good running game opens up the passing game. 

We still have josh Adams sitting around collecting dust behind Montgomery. I'm hoping they let TM go and allow Adams to get some time. I'm not into drafting a RB at all this year unless it's some sort of can't miss type of slip by one of the best....actually I really don't want a RB this year. Bell, Powell and Adams will be more than ok imo. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

We still have josh Adams sitting around collecting dust behind Montgomery. I'm hoping they let TM go and allow Adams to get some time. I'm not into drafting a RB at all this year unless it's some sort of can't miss type of slip by one of the best....actually I really don't want a RB this year. Bell, Powell and Adams will be more than ok imo. 

We can improve the OL in free agency and draft a top WR and RB with picks 1-2 to instantly improve the offense and then OL picks 3-7. 

2020 NFL draft deep at WR and RB time to improve the position. 

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Josh Adams cant compare to some of the young fast explosive RB's in the draft. 

18 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

We don't need no RB's ; we got the KILLER B'S - Bell and Bilal

Yes we do. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We can improve the OL in free agency and draft a top WR and RB with picks 1-2 to instantly improve the offense and then OL picks 3-7. 

2020 NFL draft deep at WR and RB time to improve the position. 

I hear ya. I just feel like RB is the least of our issues. Wide receiver, offensive line, corner back and Edge all take precedence. We also happen to have a stable of above average backs in Bell, Powell, Montgomery and Adams. We give that crew a stout o line and they will improve dramatically.  I think Edge and RB should be the main focuses next year with a true focus on the line, WR and CB this year.  

Its just my preference at the moment. The offseason is a weird time where I tend to think my January thoughts are idiotic in March. hahaha 

So who knows? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Cross Najee Harris off the RB list for 2020. He’s staying at Bama. 

With all the wear & tear on RBs and the relatively short careers they have, always surprises me when an RB chooses to stay the extra season.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Lith said:

With all the wear & tear on RBs and the relatively short careers they have, always surprises me when an RB chooses to stay the extra season.

Me too.  Plus I thought he had a pretty good year and put some good stuff on tape to be considered in the late 3rd/4th round area.  Not sure that even with another good year he gets higher than that in 2021.   

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

We also happen to have a stable of above average backs in Bell, Powell, Montgomery and Adams.

I'm going to side with @joewilly12 on this one. The last thing that comes to my mind when you say Bell, Montgomery, Powell, and Adams is above average.

Bell is broken down and we all saw that this year. Powell is a free agent and should retire, Montgomery is nothing but a jag, and Adams is barely a step above a practice squad player. We haven't had an above average RB since Thomas Jones and it's because we NEVER prioritize them in the draft.

It would be nice for once to see a RB with some speed, wiggle, and the ability to turn the corner and take it the distance. Someone that puts fear into an opposing defense. Hopefully JD and myself are thinking alike because this is a pretty good draft for RB's......we just can't wait until the 6th round for the next McGuire or Cannon. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Me too.  Plus I thought he had a pretty good year and put some good stuff on tape to be considered in the late 3rd/4th round area.  Not sure that even with another good year he gets higher than that in 2021.   

Saban working his magic convincing these kids to stay even when it is detrimental to their long term success. Color me shocked. 

Just now, RobR said:

Saban working his magic convincing these kids to stay even when it is detrimental to their long term success. Color me shocked. 

Running back is the last position players should return to school to play.  It’s not like Harris is going to come out next year and be first rounder.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Running back is the last position players should return to school to play.  It’s not like Harris is going to come out next year and be first rounder.  

Agreed. Even a guy like Leatherwood should have come out because he more than likely would have been a first round pick. The risk/ reward for going back for another season just isn't there for a player like him. Best case scenario he improves his draft slotting by what 10 or so spots.....worst case scenario he gets a major injury and one less accumulated season in the NFL.

Saban is the devil. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RobR said:

Agreed. Even a guy like Leatherwood should have come out because he more than likely would have been a first round pick. The risk/ reward for going back for another season just isn't there for a player like him. Best case scenario he improves his draft slotting by what 10 or so spots.....worst case scenario he gets a major injury and one less accumulated season in the NFL.

Saban is the devil. 

I'm not so sure.  

I mean, I'm sure Saban is the devil, but the rest. 

In 2019 McGlinchy went at 9 and got $18M with $11M up front.  Isaiah Wynn went 23 and got $11M with $6M.  In 2018 Bolles went 20 and got a deal very similar to Wynn's.  Ramczyk went 32 and got $8.8M with $4.6M and Cam Robinson went 2 slots later and got $7M and $3.2M.  Robinson went in the 2nd, so his deal wasn't guaranteed, so his guarantee was less than half of Bolles. This is a pretty strong tackle class, so if he thinks he can move up, it might be worthwhile.  

As for the RB, I understand they get used up, but guys I heard are sure things do not even make it out of camp.  It is a weird position.  Guys like Alex Barnes go undrafted and can't get on a practice squad.  Competition is fierce, I can see wanting to stick it out on that team.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm not so sure.  

I mean, I'm sure Saban is the devil, but the rest. 

In 2019 McGlinchy went at 9 and got $18M with $11M up front.  Isaiah Wynn went 23 and got $11M with $6M.  In 2018 Bolles went 20 and got a deal very similar to Wynn's.  Ramczyk went 32 and got $8.8M with $4.6M and Cam Robinson went 2 slots later and got $7M and $3.2M.  Robinson went in the 2nd, so his deal wasn't guaranteed, so his guarantee was less than half of Bolles. This is a pretty strong tackle class, so if he thinks he can move up, it might be worthwhile.  

As for the RB, I understand they get used up, but guys I heard are sure things do not even make it out of camp.  It is a weird position.  Guys like Alex Barnes go undrafted and can't get on a practice squad.  Competition is fierce, I can see wanting to stick it out on that team.

The problem with that line of thinking is that you are using a best case scenario. Lets say hypothetically he would have been drafted 20th overall this year and he gets to come out in 2020. Now lets say that in 2021 he has a subpar year and gets drafted in the second round. Which was the better decision?

The list of players that decided to stay an extra year to help their draft position and ended up going even later the next year is a long one. Sometimes they fall rounds instead of slots even without injury.

If someone like Leatherwood received a first round grade, which I'm sure he did, he should have came out this year. There are too many negative possibilities involved by staying another year.

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

That video didn't even do him justice. The combine is going too be huge for him and if he runs 4.5's like I think he will he'll get plucked in the second round. He's a back that can do it all.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RobR said:

That video didn't even do him justice. The combine is going too be huge for him and if he runs 4.5's like I think he will he'll get plucked in the second round. He's a back that can do it all.

I think he will be a 2nd rounder.  He’s exactly the type of player that jet gms have avoided for the past 15 years.  

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

RB is a major need. IMO as much as WR.  

I think you can find quality late.  But no later than the 4th. Preferably 3rd. 

You can always find a good rb in the later rounds I wouldn’t even look at the position until the 5th round

We need to draft OT/WR early

I've been hoping the Jets would draft a RB for years now. I remember screaming at the tv to draft dalvin cook in 17 And then they took Marcus maye. Oof

With so many holes currently on this roster I feel like RB is a pretty low priority for me. If Douglas upgrades the o line like I think he will, then Bell will have a much better season next year.

Our O-line finished the season ranked 31st in run blocking and 30th in pass protection. Fix the line and Bell will be fine.  It's not a coincidence that he's had career lows across the board. It starts up front

Jets priorities should be to come out of this draft with atleast 2 or 3 o-lineman & 2 Wrs. & hopefully a CB. If they happen to take a RB after that, then so be it, but RB is not high on my list of positions we need to upgrade this offseason.

• Upvote 2

On 1/9/2020 at 4:32 PM, New York Mick said:

I’m hoping they don’t take a RB till the 5th. Without an oline RBs are useless. 

RB is our 2021 problem.  OT, WR, OG this year.

Every mock draft I've done ends up with me staring at 2nd or 3rd round caliber RBs in the 4th and 5th rounds.  We can wait.  We've signed FA Running Backs almost every year or two......Crowell, Bell, even Chrisy Ivory and Thomas Jones....cheap free agents (except for Bell's $$$).

If you don't get an elite guy then wait until the later rounds.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2020 at 6:01 PM, T0mShane said:

I’d like to get buck wild on OL and the pick up Dobbins to smush people. I know he’s not going to be an elite prospect, but he reminds me of Kenneth Davis

We've screwed up every other draft.  Why not just go balls in on OLine and get 1 WR, 1 RB?  Light the offense like a candle.  OT, WR, OG, RB....first 3 rounds.

All this bull sh!t the past 2-3 years about the "passing league"?  I get it, but I'm watching Derrick Henry send the Patriots home, I'm watching Dalvin Cook run for 94 yards and 2 TDs, and we're about to watch two #1 seeds that led the NFL in rushing attack.  Even more interesting, those two #1 seeds did it in different ways....RPO with Lamar Jackson/Mark Ingram and a Fullback led rushing attack in SF with the highest paid FB in the league!

Ground n' Pound....and I'm not kidding.  It makes good QBs (like Garoppolo and Cousins) look like great ones!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Every mock draft I've done ends up with me staring at 2nd or 3rd round caliber RBs in the 4th and 5th rounds.  We can wait.

Mock drafts during this time of year are worthless. Most mock drafts during the days leading up to the draft are worthless.  It's like taking advice from a broker that is rated 1541 out of 1560 on the brokerage scale.

Tell me what you really think about CEH?

• Upvote 1