Jump to content
jetstream23

Anyone planning to attend the 2020 Draft in Las Vegas?

Recommended Posts

Starting to kick the idea around with a buddy.  Fly in on Thursday afternoon and stay until Sunday morning.  Hotel rates creeping up but that city has an abundance of inventory.

Wondering how many Jets fans may be in attendance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's this year in LV? Ugh... i have trip cross country in July... not sure i can double down. If there's a few of you miscreants going , i could be talked into it..

I need to know who has my back though. Guaranteed i'll get myself into trouble at least once. I need an american who can keep this canuck out of the local deputy's holding cell. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's this year in LV? Ugh... i have trip cross country in July... not sure i can double down. If there's a few of you miscreants going , i could be talked into it..

I need to know who has my back though. Guaranteed i'll get myself into trouble at least once. I need an american who can keep this canuck out of the local deputy's holding cell. 

You know who will have your back!

Me and @TokyoJetsFan ....just like in San Diego! lol

 

EDIT: Holy sh!t....did you look at the calendar?  7 days from now is the 10-year anniversary of that playoff win in San Diego.  Best road game I've ever gone to.  You see...now you just HAVE to make Vegas happen. lol

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

 

EDIT: Holy sh!t....did you look at the calendar?  7 days from now is the 10-year anniversary of that playoff win in San Diego.  

 

 

PmKBfQe.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This idea has now gotten green-lighted by the wife as my 2020 guys trip....should I choose to use my pass for this. lol  Should know in a couple weeks if April 23-24 is clear with work and then I'm thinking I'll be in LV for the Draft.

I'd need some accomplices to help sneak into the Jets War Room the night before the Draft and pull all the DT cards off their Big Board and throw them in the trash!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This idea has now gotten green-lighted by the wife as my 2020 guys trip....should I choose to use my pass for this. lol  Should know in a couple weeks if April 23-24 is clear with work and then I'm thinking I'll be in LV for the Draft.

I'd need some accomplices to help sneak into the Jets War Room the night before the Draft and pull all the DT cards off their Big Board and throw them in the trash!

lol you son of a bitch, i'm in!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol you son of a bitch, i'm in!

 

bat signal batman GIFfor @TokyoJetsFan who can run his FOREX trades from a laptop while we're at Caesars!  lol

 

Let's do this.

 

  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I can pull this off.  I was going to go to San Diego for a golf trip and to see some friends I have back there in the spring anyway.  Maybe I can hit Vegas on the way home.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I think I can pull this off.  I was going to go to San Diego for a golf trip and to see some friends I have back there in the spring anyway.  Maybe I can hit Vegas on the way home.  

That would be fantastic!  The more Jets fans there to cheer our drafting of a Defensive Tackle, the better! :P 

It still seems to be undetermined exactly where the actual Draft event will take place, but I know there will be public events, parties, etc. around the Strip even if the event is held inside at T-Mobile or one of the large Casino theaters.  Some internet sleuthing helped me pull together a few interesting data points...

  • There is a rumor of the NFL filing for permits to close down part of the Strip and potentially construct an outdoor stage near the Bellagio.  It was a filing with the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority.
  • As of now T-Mobile arena in LV has not listed any concerts or events for any of the days of the Draft.  Could that be a sign they're holding the arena for the Draft?
  • There's a chance the Las Vegas Knights end up with games at T-Mobile if they make the playoffs.  That could be a conflict with the Draft.
  • The NFL obviously likes large indoor theaters or stadiums to hold the Draft (MSG, Jerry's World - AT&T Stadium, etc.) so T-Mobile is likely the best fit.

I'm looking to stay at a hotel right in the middle of the Strip (Paris, Bellagio, Caesars, Bally's area), and I'll actually be in LV a month earlier for a work conference so I can check things out.  I visit LV about twice per year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are we doing this for sure?! 

Cause i'll book my tickets at least right away

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is really gonna be a thing, I will try to make it out there as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paradis said:

So are we doing this for sure?! 

Cause i'll book my tickets at least right away

 

I need about 2 weeks to make sure I'm clear with work stuff.  There's a potential meeting/event that week but it's looking about 75% the meeting will be pushed until May.

I'm not booking flights yet but I may book a hotel room that can be canceled for no penalty if done at least 72 hours beforehand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lith said:

If this is really gonna be a thing, I will try to make it out there as well.

Awesome.  And how Jetsy would it be getting a bunch of Jets fans together not for a Jets game (because those usually turn out miserable) but for the Draft where we can try to "win the offseason" and actually enjoy ourselves? :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Awesome.  And how Jetsy would it be getting a bunch of Jets fans together not for a Jets game (because those usually turn out miserable) but for the Draft where we can try to "win the offseason" and actually enjoy ourselves? :P

 

And our last decade of drafts have turned out better?  Just imagine how miserable we will all be when we stay put at 11 and take Isaiah Simmons or Grant Delpit or Derrick Brown at 11, leaving OTs and WRs on the board. 

We are Jet fans, we get together because we expect to be miserable, but we hate wallowing in our misery by ourselves.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Awesome.  And how Jetsy would it be getting a bunch of Jets fans together not for a Jets game (because those usually turn out miserable) but for the Draft where we can try to "win the offseason" and actually enjoy ourselves? :P

 

Agreed.  It’s about time we took s**t into our own hands and got a bunch of us who talk endlessly about the draft to go bring some serious mojo to this franchise during the draft.  Lol..   Enough f***ing around, its time!  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

80% chance @Paradis runs his own Draft card up to the podium when the Jets are on the clock and tries to get Goodell to read it!

I would absolutely try something like that if you guys don't keep tabs on my drug and alcohol intake. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I would absolutely try something like that if you guys don't keep tabs on my drug and alcohol intake. 

Ha! Goodell takes the card from you and reads, “...Austin Saferian-Jenkins? WTF?”

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha! Goodell takes the card from you and reads, “...Austin Saferian-Jenkins? WTF?”

 

You sure it wouldn't say Brandon Pettigrew?

On a serious note if you guys can completely commit I might be able to make it. It's a cheap flight for me and I'd like to meet a few more of you in person. I've met @Lith and his son a couple of years ago for what might have been the worst Jets game of the year so this has to be better.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paradis said:

I would absolutely try something like that if you guys don't keep tabs on my drug and alcohol intake. 

We need to share a room, you're paying. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobR said:

You sure it wouldn't say Brandon Pettigrew?

On a serious note if you guys can completely commit I might be able to make it. It's a cheap flight for me and I'd like to meet a few more of you in person. I've met @Lith and his son a couple of years ago for what might have been the worst Jets game of the year so this has to be better.

 

I'm 90% in now.  Just need to confirm that a work meeting is getting moved.  I also just booked a room at Paris for Thursday and Friday nights. Will book the flight once I'm 100%.  Short flight for me too.  Would be awesome to meet more of you guys.  I've met @Paradis before.....and whoa nelly! I will not be responsible for him this time. lol

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha! Goodell takes the card from you and reads, “...Austin Saferian-Jenkins? WTF?”

 

lol,  I love you. 

Also, that's probably what i would write in a drunken stupor... 

jets-fan-fist-pump-against-bills.gif

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobR said:

We need to share a room, you're paying. 

haha

kidding aside, i can see myself getting tethered to you for safekeeping... Will you keep me out of cuffs, that's all i need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm 90% in now.  Just need to confirm that a work meeting is getting moved.  I also just booked a room at Paris for Thursday and Friday nights. Will book the flight once I'm 100%.  Short flight for me too.  Would be awesome to meet more of you guys.  I've met @Paradis before.....and whoa nelly! I will not be responsible for him this time. lol

 

in a flash of serendipity -- my best mate i grew up with poked me today about us both turning 40 this year (me in a week, him later this year)... He suggested we get together another friend and make a go of it this year, somewhere fun in March-April...

Me:.... When was the last time you were in Vegas? 🤩

I'd say things are trending towards 80-90% that i'll go if y'all are going too. I have 6 million air miles to use up. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

haha

kidding aside, i can see myself getting tethered to you for safekeeping... Will you keep me out of cuffs, that's all i need to know.

I'm 47 and I've only managed being put in cuffs once 26 years ago. I can skirt the law with the best of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm 90% in now.  Just need to confirm that a work meeting is getting moved.  I also just booked a room at Paris for Thursday and Friday nights. Will book the flight once I'm 100%.  Short flight for me too.  Would be awesome to meet more of you guys.  I've met @Paradis before.....and whoa nelly! I will not be responsible for him this time. lol

 

We also need @maury77 to attend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm 47 and I've only managed being put in cuffs once 26 years ago. I can skirt the law with the best of them.

good... I've yet to have the privilege. 

I've noticed however, since getting older that i've been pushing my luck...  It's weird. I'm a laid back dude who keeps to himself but if I get supercharged on a saturday night....yea. I'll tell you guys in vegas about my buffalo trip 2 weeks ago. lol. (don't worry, i'm a lover, not a fighter)

@maury77 you son a bitch, you better be in 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm 90% in now.  Just need to confirm that a work meeting is getting moved.  I also just booked a room at Paris for Thursday and Friday nights. Will book the flight once I'm 100%.  Short flight for me too.  Would be awesome to meet more of you guys.  I've met @Paradis before.....and whoa nelly! I will not be responsible for him this time. lol

 

What Vegas airport should I be looking for? I'm only an eight hour drive but I'd rather fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

good... I've yet to have the privilege. 

I've noticed however, since getting older that i've been pushing my luck...  It's weird. I'm a laid back dude who keeps to himself but if I get supercharged on a saturday night....yea. I'll tell you guys in vegas about my buffalo trip 2 weeks ago. lol. (don't worry, i'm a lover, not a fighter)

@maury77 you son a bitch, you better be in 

Welcome to the night of your fabulous 40's. If I knew how to post a pic here I could show you a pic of Diego Sanchez and myself at my Christmas party. Me and Jon Bones chillin. 

We'll be good but I'd be worried about Josh Bailey. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RobR said:

What Vegas airport should I be looking for? I'm only an eight hour drive but I'd rather fly.

McCarran Airport is the main one.  Code LAS.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Paradis said:

in a flash of serendipity -- my best mate i grew up with poked me today about us both turning 40 this year (me in a week, him later this year)... He suggested we get together another friend and make a go of it this year, somewhere fun in March-April...

Me:.... When was the last time you were in Vegas? 🤩

I'd say things are trending towards 80-90% that i'll go if y'all are going too. I have 6 million air miles to use up. 

 

 

Well happy birthday you magnificent bastard!!!

I turned 40 about 5 years ago and my wife came through with a killer cake for me at a surprise party.  We might need something like this in Vegas to celebrate landing both an OT and WR!

IMG_0799.jpg.0c128ea729403a2c85a40fd67c755004.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RobR said:

You sure it wouldn't say Brandon Pettigrew?

On a serious note if you guys can completely commit I might be able to make it. It's a cheap flight for me and I'd like to meet a few more of you in person. I've met @Lith and his son a couple of years ago for what might have been the worst Jets game of the year so this has to be better.

 

After the past few seasons, that game does not even come close to the worst I have ever seen.  Philadephia this season with Luke Falk starting beats that one by a mile.  You know it is bad when Eagle fans are being nice to you -- took pity on us for spedning money to travel to to see that godforsaken poor excuse for a football team.. Was also in Miami this year.  That game in Tampa may not even be in my top 5 for miserable Jet games I have seen live.  Yup, draft is bound to be better.

I can't commit fully just yet.  End of April is normally tough time for me at work.  But if all goes according to plan, I will be changing jobs around June 1, in which case, I am going to Vegas in April.  Even if the job thing doesn't work out, I may try to sneak away for the two days, just might have to spend some time during the day in the hotel room getting some sh*t done.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm 90% in now.  Just need to confirm that a work meeting is getting moved.  I also just booked a room at Paris for Thursday and Friday nights. Will book the flight once I'm 100%.  Short flight for me too.  Would be awesome to meet more of you guys.  I've met @Paradis before.....and whoa nelly! I will not be responsible for him this time. lol

 

Just booked the Paris also.  One night deposit up front but fully refundable.  I guess I am in too.  Unless I am not.  Which would suck.  Waiting on booking a flight too.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm 47 and I've only managed being put in cuffs once 26 years ago. I can skirt the law with the best of them.

I'm an attorney, you'll be fine :)

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...