Anyone planning to attend the 2020...err 2022 Draft in Las Vegas?

jetstream23

17 hours ago, Paradis said:

good... I've yet to have the privilege. 

I've noticed however, since getting older that i've been pushing my luck...  It's weird. I'm a laid back dude who keeps to himself but if I get supercharged on a saturday night....yea. I'll tell you guys in vegas about my buffalo trip 2 weeks ago. lol. (don't worry, i'm a lover, not a fighter)

@maury77 you son a bitch, you better be in 

I've got to see if I can pull it off. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

15 hours ago, Lith said:

Just booked the Paris also.  One night deposit up front but fully refundable.  I guess I am in too.  Unless I am not.  Which would suck.  Waiting on booking a flight too.

What nights did you book?  Are you guys going to be there Thursday through Sunday?  I might not be able to make it until Friday.  Still maneuvering a few things right now.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

What nights did you book?  Are you guys going to be there Thursday through Sunday?  I might not be able to make it until Friday.  Still maneuvering a few things right now.  

I am planning to get in Wed night, so I can work remotely on Thursday -- don't want to be out of touch while travelling on Thurs.  I am booked thru Saturday, but may add the extra day if you guys are planning to hang around Sat night.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, RobR said:

Unfortunately I'm now at 50/50 on attending. My brother and I are trying to pull off a surprise 80th birthday party for my Mom on the 25th. I will definitely know for certain within a month. 

angry half baked GIF

:P

I'm still looking good, already have a hotel room, and should be able to confirm for sure by the second week in February.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, is this actaully going to happen?  Anyone still planning/trying to get to Vegas in April?

I'm 99% in....just a couple things to confirm but as mentioned earlier I already booked a hotel room at Paris from Thursday to Saturday.  I think Paradis may have done the same.  I was going to hold back on this for a bit but might as well throw it out there now - I also got a late lunch reservation at a restaurant directly across the street from the Draft for 5 people.  (I can cancel it or probably change the headcount). First come/first serve...but was thinking it might be a cool way to kick off Draft Day about 3-4 hours before the event gets started.  First round of green jello shots would be on me. :D 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm 99% in....just a couple things to confirm but as mentioned earlier I already booked a hotel room at Paris from Thursday to Saturday.  I think Paradis may have done the same.  I was going to hold back on this for a bit but might as well throw it out there now - I also got a late lunch reservation at a restaurant directly across the street from the Draft for 5 people.  (I can cancel it or probably change the headcount). First come/first serve...but was thinking it might be a cool way to kick off Draft Day about 3-4 hours before the event gets started.  First round of green jello shots would be on me. :D 

Awesome.  Count me in as one of the 5.  90%+ that I am in.  I also have a room at the Paris.  Going to wait a bit on flights though.  Want to make sure others are coimmitted before booking something that is non-refundable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

Awesome.  Count me in as one of the 5.  90%+ that I am in.  I also have a room at the Paris.  Going to wait a bit on flights though.  Want to make sure others are coimmitted before booking something that is non-refundable.

Same here.  I'm checking flights every week or so and as long as I don't see a ton of seats suddenly start disappearing I'll probably hold off booking until mid/late March.

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, is this actaully going to happen?  Anyone still planning/trying to get to Vegas in April?

I'm 100% out. I have family members flying in for that weekend for my Moms 80th Bday celebration. 

49 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I’m trying to get there by Thursday.   Friday thru Saturday isn’t an issue right now.  Also, if anyone wants to play golf I have some decent connections out there.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Hmmm...this sounds like fun.  Unfortunately, I was out there in January and I'm going out again over the Easter weekend.

Could I make it twice in 1 month?....that would easily earn me degenerate status.

It's amazing tho - Iooking at some of the hotels I usually stay at, I don't think I've ever seen it when rates for a Thursday night are higher than a Friday or Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm 100% out. I have family members flying in for that weekend for my Moms 80th Bday celebration. 

You should say, "Hey, I'm running out to get milk" around 10AM on Thursday....and just come to Vegas.  It will all be fine.  You want back into the house on Sunday morning with a gallon of milk.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Hmmm...this sounds like fun.  Unfortunately, I was out there in January and I'm going out again over the Easter weekend.

Could I make it twice in 1 month?....that would easily earn me degenerate status.

It's amazing tho - Iooking at some of the hotels I usually stay at, I don't think I've ever seen it when rates for a Thursday night are higher than a Friday or Saturday. 

FYI - I'll be there on St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) through the 20th for a work conference.....I was also just there in late January for one of my kids' baseball tournaments.  So the Draft in April will be my third trip in 2020....with 8 months still left in the year. lol

I could use a fellow degenerate so that I don't feel so bad.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

You should say, "Hey, I'm running out to get milk" around 10AM on Thursday....and just come to Vegas.  It will all be fine.  You want back into the house on Sunday morning with a gallon of milk.

If I was Jesus that might work.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

FYI - I'm still a Go but haven't booked airfare yet.  Keeping an eye on this COVID-19 thing and will likely hold off on purchasing airfare until we get closer, but holding onto my room at Paris and blocked two days off from work on that Thursday and Friday.

Same here.  I am still in, haven't bought arifare.  Waiting to see how some things play out at work in the coming weeks before bookiing flights.

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2020 at 7:28 PM, Philc1 said:

Eat at the Eiffel Tower restaurant

Fun place, great view.

I already have a reservation for five to-be-named Jets fans at Mon Ami Gabi downstairs at Paris right on the Strip about 3 hours before the Draft starts. A few guys here have already claimed spots. ?

• Upvote 1

Well, I’m officially out for this thing.  My guess is that the draft will be impacted by this somehow anyway.  My son’s spring break has now been extended by two more weeks because the school is keeping kids away.  His internship for the summer in Europe has been cancelled.   My daughters spring sports season is being delayed.   I really hope my golf club stays open and the membership stays healthy because I’m not sure I can stand being stuck in the house with everyone very long...Lol.  

• Upvote 2

If I had to make a decision today, I would be out as well.  Unless there is some significant change over the next several weeks, I am assuming that the draft will take place, but closed to public or in some way with very limited attendance.  Seems like a longshot right now that that we would be willing / able to meet up in Vegas.

Maybe a rain check and we try to find a weekend in the fall to meet for a game instead.  Perhaps one of the two LA trips -- I would love to see that new stadium.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

If I had to make a decision today, I would be out as well.  Unless there is some significant change over the next several weeks, I am assuming that the draft will take place, but closed to public or in some way with very limited attendance.  Seems like a longshot right now that that we would be willing / able to meet up in Vegas.

Maybe a rain check and we try to find a weekend in the fall to meet for a game instead.  Perhaps one of the two LA trips -- I would love to see that new stadium.

Same here.  We can all see how this is trending.  It's a bummer because this would have been a really fun get-together with some guys I haven't seen in a while and those of you I haven't met yet.  I don't have a flight but I'll hang on to my hotel room for a couple more weeks before canceling on the outside chance this thing miraculously improves by the beginning of April.

LA is definitely on my radar for a game or two.  Now just hoping the season doesn't eventually get cancelled.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2021 at 6:09 PM, jetstream23 said:

GIF by splattest

Firing this baby back up for 2022!

Just booked a room in Vegas starting April 27th.

Why?

I don't know.

I am thinking about it.  Have to wait until we get closer to decide. 

I am going to have to travel for work sometime in April -- mandatory on-site meetings for all remote employees.  We have been told it will be in April, just don't know which week yet.  Or it could get cancelled due to Covid.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 6:02 PM, johnnysd said:

Are tickets readily available?

Hey, missed your reply on this.

I'm not sure and haven't found any details on tickets yet.  They're typically free from the NFL but I don't know the exact plan yet for the Draft this year.  When it was scheduled for Vegas in 2020 there was a plan to shutdown Las Vegas Blvd. and have events right in front of the Bellagio and there was some information that tickets might not even be required.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872453-las-vegas-2020-nfl-draft-plans-include-stage-on-water-at-bellagio-fountains

I'm keeping my eye out for info on this but I've already booked a hotel room on the Strip for that weekend.