jetstream23

Anyone planning to attend the 2020 Draft in Las Vegas?

17 hours ago, Paradis said:

good... I've yet to have the privilege. 

I've noticed however, since getting older that i've been pushing my luck...  It's weird. I'm a laid back dude who keeps to himself but if I get supercharged on a saturday night....yea. I'll tell you guys in vegas about my buffalo trip 2 weeks ago. lol. (don't worry, i'm a lover, not a fighter)

@maury77 you son a bitch, you better be in 

I've got to see if I can pull it off. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Just booked the Paris also.  One night deposit up front but fully refundable.  I guess I am in too.  Unless I am not.  Which would suck.  Waiting on booking a flight too.

Fantastic!!

15 hours ago, Lith said:

Just booked the Paris also.  One night deposit up front but fully refundable.  I guess I am in too.  Unless I am not.  Which would suck.  Waiting on booking a flight too.

What nights did you book?  Are you guys going to be there Thursday through Sunday?  I might not be able to make it until Friday.  Still maneuvering a few things right now.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

What nights did you book?  Are you guys going to be there Thursday through Sunday?  I might not be able to make it until Friday.  Still maneuvering a few things right now.  

I am planning to get in Wed night, so I can work remotely on Thursday -- don't want to be out of touch while travelling on Thurs.  I am booked thru Saturday, but may add the extra day if you guys are planning to hang around Sat night.

• Upvote 1

For me, Thursday 4/23 - Sat, 4/25. Will probably land in LV by 12pm on Thursday. I’m guessing the Draft starts around 5pm local time (8PM Eastern)?

Nice 

in Mexico at the moment (and missing the entire senior bowl week ) will get serious when I get back 

3 hours ago, Lith said:

For those of us staying in Paris, this is directly across the street. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'm now at 50/50 on attending. My brother and I are trying to pull off a surprise 80th birthday party for my Mom on the 25th. I will definitely know for certain within a month. 

On 1/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, RobR said:

Unfortunately I'm now at 50/50 on attending. My brother and I are trying to pull off a surprise 80th birthday party for my Mom on the 25th. I will definitely know for certain within a month. 

angry half baked GIF

:P

I'm still looking good, already have a hotel room, and should be able to confirm for sure by the second week in February.

• Haha 1

So, is this actaully going to happen?  Anyone still planning/trying to get to Vegas in April?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, is this actaully going to happen?  Anyone still planning/trying to get to Vegas in April?

I'm 99% in....just a couple things to confirm but as mentioned earlier I already booked a hotel room at Paris from Thursday to Saturday.  I think Paradis may have done the same.  I was going to hold back on this for a bit but might as well throw it out there now - I also got a late lunch reservation at a restaurant directly across the street from the Draft for 5 people.  (I can cancel it or probably change the headcount). First come/first serve...but was thinking it might be a cool way to kick off Draft Day about 3-4 hours before the event gets started.  First round of green jello shots would be on me. :D 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm 99% in....just a couple things to confirm but as mentioned earlier I already booked a hotel room at Paris from Thursday to Saturday.  I think Paradis may have done the same.  I was going to hold back on this for a bit but might as well throw it out there now - I also got a late lunch reservation at a restaurant directly across the street from the Draft for 5 people.  (I can cancel it or probably change the headcount). First come/first serve...but was thinking it might be a cool way to kick off Draft Day about 3-4 hours before the event gets started.  First round of green jello shots would be on me. :D 

Awesome.  Count me in as one of the 5.  90%+ that I am in.  I also have a room at the Paris.  Going to wait a bit on flights though.  Want to make sure others are coimmitted before booking something that is non-refundable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

Awesome.  Count me in as one of the 5.  90%+ that I am in.  I also have a room at the Paris.  Going to wait a bit on flights though.  Want to make sure others are coimmitted before booking something that is non-refundable.

Same here.  I'm checking flights every week or so and as long as I don't see a ton of seats suddenly start disappearing I'll probably hold off booking until mid/late March.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

I'm 100% out. I have family members flying in for that weekend for my Moms 80th Bday celebration. 

49 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I’m trying to get there by Thursday.   Friday thru Saturday isn’t an issue right now.  Also, if anyone wants to play golf I have some decent connections out there.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Hmmm...this sounds like fun.  Unfortunately, I was out there in January and I'm going out again over the Easter weekend.

Could I make it twice in 1 month?....that would easily earn me degenerate status.

It's amazing tho - Iooking at some of the hotels I usually stay at, I don't think I've ever seen it when rates for a Thursday night are higher than a Friday or Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm 100% out. I have family members flying in for that weekend for my Moms 80th Bday celebration. 

You should say, "Hey, I'm running out to get milk" around 10AM on Thursday....and just come to Vegas.  It will all be fine.  You want back into the house on Sunday morning with a gallon of milk.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Hmmm...this sounds like fun.  Unfortunately, I was out there in January and I'm going out again over the Easter weekend.

Could I make it twice in 1 month?....that would easily earn me degenerate status.

It's amazing tho - Iooking at some of the hotels I usually stay at, I don't think I've ever seen it when rates for a Thursday night are higher than a Friday or Saturday. 

FYI - I'll be there on St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) through the 20th for a work conference.....I was also just there in late January for one of my kids' baseball tournaments.  So the Draft in April will be my third trip in 2020....with 8 months still left in the year. lol

I could use a fellow degenerate so that I don't feel so bad.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

You should say, "Hey, I'm running out to get milk" around 10AM on Thursday....and just come to Vegas.  It will all be fine.  You want back into the house on Sunday morning with a gallon of milk.

If I was Jesus that might work.

• Haha 1