Gettleman went on both radio stations while Joe Douglas skipped the usual end of season GM WFAN interview

Jetsbb

It is customary for the GM to go on both radio stations at the end of the season. Mike Maccagnan and Tannenbaum went on WFAN after each season was over. I was looking forward with Joe and Evan taking over for Joe Douglas to come on with them. Of course as the new lack of access policy Joe skipped it. Will be interesting as now Joe and Evan take over the afternoons if the Jets will allow them to go down to training camp and interview Gase and Douglas.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

It is customary for the GM to go on both radio stations at the end of the season. Mike Maccagnan and Tannenbaum went on WFAN after each season was over. I was looking forward with Joe and Evan taking over for Joe Douglas to come on with them. Of course as the new lack of access policy Joe skipped it. Will be interesting as now Joe and Evan take over the afternoons if the Jets will allow them to go down to training camp and interview Gase and Douglas.

Macc did it? Then we should all be singing “ F you I won’t do what you tell me!” Good for you Joe, change is coming boys and it gonna be good. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I care if my GM can draft, acquire good players and structure good contracts. That’s about it I couldn’t care less what interviews he does or doesn’t do besides the media always crushes us anyway regardless of what we do. **** em 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Douglas was interviewed on 98.7.  He comes across much better than Gettleman in interviews.  BTW, there is no rule, Douglas gave a mid-season press conference and Gettleman did not.

Did Gettleman tawk about gettin' the right Kwattahback? Did he tawk about dese guys and doze guys, huh?

Fahgettaboutit!!

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

The New York Jets have always been run like Ringling Bros .

giphy.gif

Times are a changing. The truth is the Giants are the circus nowadays, not the Jets. Gettleman is a hack who showed up in Carolina after the team was mostly built up by Marty Hurney. Next season the Jets will be in the playoffs and Giants fans will be on the outside looking in and talking about the draft.

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Douglas is supposedly controlling the offseason. Communicating is part of the job. Have higher expectations.

I have extremely high expectations, but I believe in actions not words.  A 15
minute "GM speak" interview on a radio station is worthless, particularly in
2020.  Years ago when the format was new it meant more, now with all the 
"hot takes" its pure garbage

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, KRL said:

You really need to concentrate on important off-season issues instead of nonsense

Douglas chickened out on the customary WFAN interview every GM before him did. That is not nonsense its a look at his psyche. He obviously was afraid to go on with the new afternoon guys Joe and Evan because he knows they have been highly critical of the organization.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1