Jetsbb

Gettleman went on both radio stations while Joe Douglas skipped the usual end of season GM WFAN interview

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

F JOE BENINGO

Bro? Bro! BRO!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Jets and Wfan don’t have a good relationship. Not sure who dislikes who or both...but yeah. So, that’s why the appearance on espn and not  wfan.

That was years ago. Mike Maccaganan went on with Francessa and even went on the midday show with Joe and Evan last year.

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

That was years ago. Mike Maccaganan even went on with Francessa and even went on the midday show with Joe and Evan last year.

And now. That’s why nobody from the team goes on there. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I just think that Belichick, the current president, even corporations have proven that there’s no incentive to have any relationship with the media or to try and market themselves through third party entities. Social media lets you control your own narratives and answer only the questions you feel like answering. The public doesn’t penalize anyone anymore for not being forthcoming or transparent. Everyone is stress-averse anyway, so if the GM or a politician or Boeing want to keep their secrets about a sh*t thing that happened, there’s really no pushback. You only get in trouble in this ecosystem if you open your mouth and say something that talking heads can turn into a news cycle’s amount of content. It is what it is.

Sports media has become pure PR and crisis management. In this world of small attention-span, social media driven news, newsmakers are the most hyperbolic or radical. Coaches and GMs then have no incentive to expose themselves to controversy in an age where short term attention spans, technology and the media combine to threaten careers.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

And now. That’s why nobody from the team goes on there. 

WFAN makes the mistake of thinking that the tiny 1% of disenfranchised Jets fans is their core audience, not realizing that they're turning the 99% off.  There is a time for misery-  the later Ryan years, all the Bowles years-  but when things are looking up WFAN is nothing but a downer.  Manish and Beningo need to go away.  I'm sure we'll need them at some point down the road, but for now it's time to be excited and optimistic and those two have no role in that.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

If he has a great draft you guys won't mind if he skips it every year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

If he has a great draft you guys won't mind if he skips it every year.

If he has a great draft he can piss in my cereal every morning and I won't complain.

So unbelievably tired of the awful, illogical drafting this franchise has done every year since basically 2006, knowing full well a small coalition of JN posters would have done far better.

• Like 1

Douglas has learned quickly the media never really has his or the NYJ best interests in mind.

Much like national media, instead of reporting the objective news they dig for the splashy hit pieces to increase their name recognition to advance their careers. They wont let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Douglas has learned quickly the media never really has his or the NYJ best interests in mind.

Much like national media, instead of reporting the objective news they dig for the splashy hit pieces to increase their name recognition to advance their careers. They wont let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

So true. In fact, the best GM this area has seen in the last 35 years , Lou lamoreillo, 95% of our local media couldn't pick out of a lineup.

• Upvote 1

There is nothing more boring than hearing a GM say nothing.  I am not worried about it.  But I hope he will do press after the draft to talk about his picks.