11 Impending Free Agents for Jets fans to watch during AFC,NFC Playoffs.

NFL rumors: 11 impending free agents for Jets fans to watch during AFC, NFC Divisional Playoffs 

Updated 7:06 AM;Today 5:51 AM 

There are no weekends off in the NFL.

The Jets may not be playing this weekend, but that doesn’t mean fans – or general manager Joe Douglas, for that matter – don’t have something important to watch on Saturday and Sunday.

Clearly, Douglas has his hands full rebuilding and retooling this roster. That means he’ll have to do some crucial work in free agency, when signings begin in March.

Well, Douglas and Jets fans alike can get a sneak peak at some of those pending free agents this weekend, when they suit up in the Divisional Round of the playoffs.

Here’s a look at 11 key players at positions of need that Douglas and Jets fans should keep an eye on:

EDGE Everson Griffen, Vikings

The Jets need an elite edge presence, but odds are they won’t find one early in the draft because they have to focus on the offensive line. So, grabbing one in free agency makes sense. Griffen’s contract is expiring because he hit certain production thresholds that voided it. He may be 32, but he had eight sacks this season and has averaged 9.5 over the past six years.

EDGE Arik Armstead, 49ers

Armstead had a big season at the perfect time. The 26-year-old is right in his prime and just busted out with a career-high 10 sacks. The worry is that he only had nine sacks in four seasons before this year, though.

WR Emmanuel Sanders, 49ers

The Jets need to add wide receivers to help quarterback Sam Darnold – especially if Robby Anderson and Demaryius Thomas walk in free agency or Quincy Enunwa isn’t healthy enough to play. Sanders, who is on the brink of turning 33, is beyond his best years, sure. But he still put up 868 yards and four TDs this season, so he clearly still has some production in him, even if he’s not a long-term answer.

CB Bradley Roby, Texans

The Jets need a pair of starters at cornerback after watching Trumaine Johnson and Darryl Roberts go down in flames. Roby is about to turn 28, so he’s at the back end of his prime, but would undoubtedly be an upgrade for the Jets given their current dearth of talent.

EDGE Jadeveon Clowney, Seahawks

This one is beyond obvious – though the Seahawks may very well franchise tag him or lock him up before free agency ever opens. Clowney may have only had three sacks this season, but he’s been battling injuries and is still a monster. He’s great against the run and is a prime disruptor, as he showed against the Eagles last Sunday.

RT Bryan Bulaga, Packers

Remember how we said the Jets have to focus on building their offensive line early in the draft? Well, they could at least eliminate one of the four or five spots they need to fill by signing Bulaga. He’ll be 31 next season, so it shouldn’t be a long-term deal, but he’s proven his effectiveness in some key matchups – including against the Vikings’ difficult pass rushers – this season.

CB Tramon Williams, Packers

It’s pretty unbelievable that Williams remains effective at age 36, but here we are. Perhaps Douglas could lure him to the Jets on a one-year deal that helps them kick the can down the road on one of their two CB vacancies. Douglas can’t possibly find long-term answers at every open spot this offseason. This could be a good bridge option.

EDGE Matthew Judon, Ravens

Judon seems to get better with each passing year. Since entering the league in 2016 as a fifth-round pick, he’s gone from four sacks as a rookie to 9.5 this year. He’s averaging a touch more than seven sacks per season. He could be a very nice complement to Jordan Jenkins – who the Jets need to re-sign this offseason – in the pass rush.

CB Marcus Peters, Ravens

Unlike some of the other corners on this list, Peters is a bona fide long-term fix for the position. He’s newly 27 years old and was just named a Pro Bowler and First Team All-Pro. He has an insane 22 interceptions in five NFL seasons. He’s a ballhawk and a playmaker, plain and simple.

RT Jack Conklin, Titans

Conklin is an alternative option to Bulaga at right tackle – but much younger. He’s only 25, so he has a lot more tread on the tires and could be a building block up front for a lot of years to come if Douglas is able to land him in Florham Park.

CB Logan Ryan, Titans

Maybe the N.J. native and Rutgers product would like to head back home. The 28-year-old tallied four picks this season, upping his career total to 17. He’s a nice blend of prime-aged talent and experience, given his seven seasons in the league.

This article was so stupid I am surprised it was not embraced by members of this board.  Members of this board are all about the Jets signing the overrated in Clowney and a bunch of guys in their 30s who should retire.  Why stop at this list- why not call Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice- based on this aging past their prime receivers are a priority.

This article is so bad I would expect it to be  written by a frequent commentator on this board.  The type of guy who spends all their time here "policing" the New York Jets message board.  If you are policing the Jets message board you are literally beyond help.

• Thumb Down 4

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

RT Bryan Bulaga, Packers

Remember how we said the Jets have to focus on building their offensive line early in the draft? Well, they could at least eliminate one of the four or five spots they need to fill by signing Bulaga. He’ll be 31 next season, so it shouldn’t be a long-term deal, but he’s proven his effectiveness in some key matchups – including against the Vikings’ difficult pass rushers – this season.

The Jets don't need another over 30 year old FA looking for their final big money deal.

RT Jack Conklin, Titans

Conklin is an alternative option to Bulaga at right tackle – but much younger. He’s only 25, so he has a lot more tread on the tires and could be a building block up front for a lot of years to come if Douglas is able to land him in Florham Park.

This is the type of FA's JD should be targeting.

1 hour ago, Rob123 said:

This article was so stupid I am surprised it was not embraced by members of this board.  Members of this board are all about the Jets signing the overrated in Clowney and a bunch of guys in their 30s who should retire.  Why stop at this list- why not call Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice- based on this aging past their prime receivers are a priority.

This article is so bad I would expect it to be  written by a frequent commentator on this board.  The type of guy who spends all their time here "policing" the New York Jets message board.  If you are policing the Jets message board you are literally beyond help.

Cool, thanks for your input, big guy.

• Upvote 1

You no lova da Conklin???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I’d sign Conklin, couldn’t really care less about everyone else listed.
Conklin and Thuney would be at the top of my list if I was Douglas.
Two, pro-bowl quality OL who are just entering the prime years of their careers.
THOSE are the kinds of guys that you sign to big contracts. 

Agreed 100%. That was actually a big part of the last GreenBean vid.
Great minds???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Jack Conklin has always been on my wish list. He was my first choice in 2016. Darron Lee, just so you know, wasn't even a consideration. I never, ever, EVER thought Mac would draft him?! Anyway, it seems the Jets have been gifted with a second opportunity to acquire him. If JD is smart, he'll make a run at Conklin.

15 hours ago, Rob123 said:

omg ban this f**king guy already if it hasn't happened already.