RIP NEAL PEART

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Damn. 

For some reason I never got into Rush, despite the band being supremely talented and my affintiy for prog rock they just never did it for me. Still the guy was an amazing player and a legend

RIP

Tremendous musicians.  I had the honor of being backstage with them in 2012. saw them at least 10 times.  if I had to recommend one album, would be permanent waves , others might say moving pictures.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Tremendous musicians.  I had the honor of being backstage with them in 2012. saw them at least 10 times.  if I had to recommend one album, would be permanent waves , others might say moving pictures.  

heck no hemispheres is #1. Its not even close!

2112 is among the worst of the early albums, imo.

but permanent waves and moving pic are both great and really good entry level type stuff

11 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

heck no hemispheres is #1. Its not even close!

2112 is among the worst of the early albums, imo.

but permanent waves and moving pic are both great and really good entry level type stuff

I LOVE Hemispheres.  I said Permanent waves because as a first listen, probably better for an average person.  Musicians like us, Hemispheres rocks.  For example... I really dislike the fact that Spirit of the Radio is what people think of when they think Rush.  I LOVE Circumstances, Trees, La Villa etc...

On 1/10/2020 at 4:46 PM, HighPitch said:

Literally at the pub trying to wipe my eyes.

What an important part of my life he and rush is.

He was the best of all time and a great lyricist. Never wanted to be  a star and treasured his privacy.

For all the fortune the guy found, he may have suffered the most personal pain of all. I tried reading his book. The first chapter, describing the police knocking at his door and telling them that their 19 year old only daughter was just killed in a car accident and how his dogs began to howl and cry uncontrollably as if they understood every word the cops said ... wow.... then the wife gets diagnosed with stage 4 cancer a few days after the funeral  and drops dead the next month..... leaving him with no family in the world.... just wow. I tossed the book in the garbage couldnt get past that.

my first concert was madison square garden on the subdivisions tour. I remember coming through the tunnel, seeing rory gallagher jamming and was blown away by it. Then rush came on. Whoa. I never put the guitar down since and never will. 

RIP brother

Used to see Rory at My Father's Place. He opened for Rush, lucky you! lol