2019 DIVISIONAL ROUND GAME THREAD (Sunday games!)

8 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Funny thing is that if there was a Super Bowl for BBQ, KC and Texas would be the contestants. Jack's Stack or Arthur Bryants vs Lockhart.

Darn, now I'm hungry 

You should be banned for not starting and ending with Oklahoma Joe’s.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

While you're probably right, I go back to what I said before. If other fanbases don't think it's a major blunder then why should I?  You don't hear Jamal Adams listed as one of the worst draft picks ever for a reason, even if your logic is sound. So if nobody else cares or faults it outside of this fanbase, why should I? You know?

There's no way you're a real person.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Anthony Davis is very overrated 

Need lebron to baby sit to be able to get into the playoffs 

No, I disagree.  The Pelicans were just that bad at building around him.  

When you look at the NBA's all-time PER list, Anthony Davis currently sits # 3 all-time.  In the company of the likes of Shaq, David Robinson, and Wilt.  That'll go down the longer he plays, as guys start to fade as they get older, but its still friggin impressive.

It's his defense that makes him so good.  But that's not as visible as some of the other great offense-first players in the game.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, New York Mick said:

NFL, rugby, international soccer and MMA. I stopped watching the NBA around the same time Bird, Ewing, Johnson, Jordan etc stopped playing. 

How does Cuban keep finding white dudes that can play. They’re the Patriots of basketball 

Lol wild part is they have the Knicks white guy too now after the trade. Kristaps Porzingas. He’s a beast too.

But Luka comes from overseas and he was playing grown men and dominating at 16 years old. Guy was destined for this. His numbers per night are astronomically better than anyone right now.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I said the kid was terrific.  I only pointed out that he was put into a great situation too.  We need to learn from KC 

that's not at all what you've been saying, over and over in this thread. Not even close. You've either said Sam would be just as good there, or Watson/Mahomes wouldn't be special here.

For once stand your ground. Do it just one time. Tell me, "what do we need to learn from KC???"

Don't back track, or start butt fumbling people who hurt your feelings.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I disagree.  The Pelicans were just that bad at building around him.  

When you look at the NBA's all-time PER list, Anthony Davis currently sits # 3 all-time.  In the company of the likes of Shaq, David Robinson, and Wilt.  It's his defense that makes him so good, but its not as visible as some of the other great players in the game.  

Embiid is better 

Everytime they play Embiid kick his ass in the personal matchups 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

While you're probably right, I go back to what I said before. If other fanbases don't think it's a major blunder then why should I?  You don't hear Jamal Adams listed as one of the worst draft picks ever for a reason, even if your logic is sound. So if nobody else cares or faults it outside of this fanbase, why should I? You know?

Other fan bases don’t remember who we picked Adams in front of, Gregory.  They don’t remember we had Josh McCown, Bryce Petty, and Christian Hackenberg.  With that context, he was Macc’s worst pick.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fusionCA said:

Embiid is better 

Everytime they play Embiid kick his ass in the personal matchups 

Embiid can't stay healthy and still sits out a lot of back-to-backs.  I know that was the critique for Davis for a while, but in recent years, he's actually done really well at avoiding injuries.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

that's not at all what you've been saying, over and over in this thread. Not even close.

For once stand your ground. Do it just one time.

Don't back track, or start butt fumbling people who hurt your feelings.

Bullsh*t.  Anyway like I said I have no respect for you anymore so no need to keep bothering me 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Embiid can't stay healthy and still sits out a lot of back-to-backs.  I know that was the critique for Davis for a while, but in recent years, he's actually done really well at avoiding injuries.

Agreed.  Embiid is very talented but injury prone and I don’t like his attitude f

• Upvote 1