2019 DIVISIONAL ROUND GAME THREAD (Sunday games!)

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The reason we passed on Mahommes and Watson is because Mac drafted Hackenburg the year before.

Just let that sink in for a moment.

That myth was debunked in the Breer article.  Maccagnan scouted 2 draft classes and chose 2018. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

May I ask why you want the Chiefs to win so bad? Just curious 

More that I want the Texans to lose

Travelled for work for a bunch of years as entry level job, then dealt across the country for a whole career. Been just about everywhere. Also traveled all over the world . Texans are the worst human beings on the planet. Needlessly arrogant,, in your face for being a New Yorker (you from NY, you like Jews?), prejidous, ignorant and incompetent in general. I am not a hateful person but I have gotten such bad treatment throughout the state it is amazing whether it be business or trips to Big Bend. You guys all hate the Patriots fans or whatever but until you experience the real time horror of dealing with these people ...

Didn't help that the big NY firm that I dedicated my life to acquired a big Texas company  and put me in charge of integration, or another event that had to do with family that is even worse. 

In contrast, the KC folks have been nothing but friendly and uh .. generous (decorum prevents discussing how generous some uh … folks were)

Not that I feel strongly about this

I apologize to any Texan that does not fit this profile. I guess I just never ran across your type.

• Upvote 1

Just now, King P said:

Mahomes and Watson are the new age version of Marino and Elway. These 2 are going to be dominating for a very long time

Mahomes / Watson + 6th pick in draft + 3 #2's for Adam's and Darnold.

If Darnold doesnt become elite it's a 5 - 10 year franchise killing mistake 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Just remember Mahomes would be playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league and no weapons.  Wouldn’t be the same player most likely 

This is just a cope out to make you feel better about the jets and darnold .

You cant hide a talent like mahomes ,he would have been great anywhere

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Larz said:

That myth was debunked in the Breer article.  Maccagnan scouted 2 draft classes and chose 2018. 

I don’t look back.  We got a talented you g QB. The mistake Macc made was ignoring the oline his entire tenure here.  If he had started building the oline before we got Dam things would be different this year 

Just now, fusionCA said:

This is just a cope out to make you feel better about the jets and darnold .

You cant hide a talent like mahomes ,he would have been great anywhere

It’s not a “cop” out. If you actually read my posts I called Mahomes terrific.  However I made a fair point.  If you have a sh*tty oline and no weapons you aren’t winning...that’s just facts 

7 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I don’t know...there’s this thing called momentum.

should make for a great 2nd half.

im glad that this meltdown isn’t happening to our team for I’d be in the hospital by now.

How dare you people declare a winner. Enjoy the show! 

Watson isn’t done yet. Mannnnn go Texans!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

what myth, we needed a developmental QB and he took hackenburg in the 2nd round.

Are you saying he just took Hack for sh*ts and giggles and was ALWAYS going to take a Qb in the 1st round in 2018 without having any clue at all where we were going to end up draft wise.  How hack was going to turne out, Who was going to break their leg in college in 2018 etc?

I don't believe that for even one minute.

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Travelled for work for a bunch of years as entry level job, then dealt across the country for a while career. Been just about everywhere. Also traveled all over the world . Texans are the worst human beings on the planet. Needlessly arrogant,, in your face for being a New Yorker (you from NY, you like Jews?), prejidous, ignorant and incompetent in general. I am not a hateful person but I have gotten such bad treatment throughout the state it is amazing whether it be business or trips to Big Bend. You guys all hate the Patriots fans or whatever but until you experience the real time horror of dealing with these people ...

Didn't help that the big NY firm that I dedicated my life to acquired a big Texas company  and put me in charge of integration, or another event that had to do with family that is even worse. 

In contrast, the KC folks have been nothing but friendly and uh .. generous (decorum prevents discussing how generous some uh … folks were)

I apologize to any Texan that does not fit this profile. I guess I just never ran across your type.

Lol Jesus 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What a game but it’s hard to be a Jets fan and watching this game without any sadness. Both these guys are great. Either would be king of NY at this point. **** man.

Neither of them would be close to the player they are currently coming into the Jets situation would they?  

I don't think it's coincidence that all the recent young QBs who are having huge immediate success all went to teams that were good before they got there. 

I'm trying to recall the last young QB that came into a dumpster fire team and really turned out to be exceptional.  Luck maybe?  Colts were really bad the year prior to him but very good for a decade leading into him.  Stafford with the Lions?  

I might research this some time, but it would be interesting to know what the record was for teams 3 years prior to a given QB are and if there is any correlation to their career trajectory 

4 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Travelled for work for a bunch of years as entry level job, then dealt across the country for a while career. Been just about everywhere. Also traveled all over the world . Texans are the worst human beings on the planet. Needlessly arrogant,, in your face for being a New Yorker (you from NY, you like Jews?), prejidous, ignorant and incompetent in general. I am not a hateful person but I have gotten such bad treatment throughout the state it is amazing whether it be business or trips to Big Bend. You guys all hate the Patriots fans or whatever but until you experience the real time horror of dealing with these people ...

No problem.  Appreciate the honesty 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Neither of them would be close to the player they are currently coming into the Jets situation would they?  

I don't think it's coincidence that all the recent young QBs who are having huge immediate success all went to teams that were good before they got there. 

I'm trying to recall the last young QB that came into a dumpster fire team and really turned out to be exceptional.  Luck maybe?  Colts were really bad the year prior to him but very good for a decade leading into him.  Stafford with the Lions?  

I might research this some time, but it would be interesting to know what the record was for teams 3 years prior to a given QB are and if there is any correlation to their career trajectory 

Awesome Post.  Talented players put in great situations.  They deserve credit but gotta be fair too