2019 DIVISIONAL ROUND GAME THREAD (Sunday games!)

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

At least we have a game. The first two games of the divisional round were not very good. I think this one goes down to the wire. In a uber close game I'd lean towards Watson. 

PMIII is the truth man, I don’t know how many years I gotta scream it from the roof tops.

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

It’s not a “cop” out. If you actually read my posts I called Mahomes terrific.  However I made a fair point.  If you have a sh*tty oline and no weapons you aren’t winning...that’s just facts 

While i understand your point  , you just have to pick a talent like mahomes when your team is so desperate for a QB

And btw this has nothing to do with oline , the reason mahomes or Watson not picked is because that idiot GM took hackenberg the year before. 

Mistakes lead to even bigger mistakes 

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

It’s not a “cop” out. If you actually read my posts I called Mahomes terrific.  However I made a fair point.  If you have a sh*tty oline and no weapons you aren’t winning...that’s just facts 

If the Jets draft Mahomes or Watson, they would have had 3 more picks to address the offensive line. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t look back.  We got a talented you g QB. The mistake Macc made was ignoring the oline his entire tenure here.  If he had started building the oline before we got Dam things would be different this year 

He was wrong about the 2017 class (duh) but the myths about Adams and Hackensack just annoy me. His biggest mistake was not pretending to let Hackensack and petty compete for the job and assuring the top pick in the class he chose. Signing a jag QB cost him 3 picks he could have used to give Sam help 

oh well lol 

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

While i understand your point  , you just have to pick a talent like mahomes when your team is so desperate for a QB

And btw this has nothing to do with oline , the reason mahomes or Watson not picked is because that idiot GM took hackenberg the year before. 

Mistakes lead to even bigger mistakes 

I don’t look back.  I wanted here for over a year and still happy. We need to give him help now 

• Upvote 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I had no problem with kicking the FG there. But you can't then pull a fake punt on 4th and 5 IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY

It was more the let's go for it and then nah too risky part of the chain of events 

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Neither of them would be close to the player they are currently coming into the Jets situation would they?  

I don't think it's coincidence that all the recent young QBs who are having huge immediate success all went to teams that were good before they got there. 

I'm trying to recall the last young QB that came into a dumpster fire team and really turned out to be exceptional.  Luck maybe?  Colts were really bad the year prior to him but very good for a decade leading into him.  Stafford with the Lions?  

I might research this some time, but it would be interesting to know what the record was for teams 3 years prior to a given QB are and if there is any correlation to their career trajectory 

Russell Wilson.  Pete Carrol was a loser before Wilson.   You could argue Brady too but they cheat so none of that counts. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

After all these years man...you were right. You were right this entire time, you sweet sonnuva b*tch. 

All of you people parading Jamal’s all pro status...neg rep me but you are parading over nothing of significance. NOTHING.

THe NFL is nothing of significance. This is entertainment. This is nothing

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If the Jets draft Mahomes or Watson, they would have had 3 more picks to address the offensive line. 

It’s easy to Monday quarterback.  The bigger issue is that Macc did start building the oline before. Either way I’m happy but we gotta draft OL in this years draft and FA that’s top priority 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

what myth, we needed a developmental QB and he took hackenburg in the 2nd round.

Are you saying he just took Hack for sh*ts and giggles and was ALWAYS going to take a Qb in the 1st round in 2018 without having any clue at all where we were going to end up draft wise.  How hack was going to turne out, Who was going to break their leg in college in 2018 etc?

I don't believe that for even one minute.

Find the article yourself