2019 DIVISIONAL ROUND GAME THREAD (Sunday games!)

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Russell Wilson.  Pete Carrol was a loser before Wilson.   You could argue Brady too but they cheat so none of that counts. 

The Seahawks weren't great before Wilson, but had back to back 7-9 seasons the years right before Wilson.  So not a complete joke either.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

No, he’s very much right. Sorry to say.

A. You're not sorry :P 

B. Jamal's INTs as a Box Safety are just as important as the fact that Demarcus Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Dee Ford, JJ Watt, Demario Davis, Jerry Hughes and Calais Campbell all didn't have more Sacks than Jamal.

C. You don't stumble into being an All Pro.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Please stop. You're a chorus of one in this thread. 

Every time a QB makes a play it's "if Sam had a OL" or if Sam had this... or if Sam had that.

This is KC against Houston. 

Take a deep breath man lol calm down.  I’ve been sticking to the game but whatever I lost respect for you long ago 

Just now, jetstream23 said:

A. You're not sorry :P 

B. Jamal's INTs as a Box Safety are just as important as the fact that Demarcus Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Dee Ford, JJ Watt, Demario Davis, Jerry Hughes and Calais Campbell all didn't have more Sacks than Jamal.

C. You don't stumble into being an All Pro.

None of this, I repeat, none of this holds more weight than the presence of a Mahomes or Watson.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Losmeister said:

thgey dont give you 7 pts for converting a 4th an 1 at the 20

Last time I looked there was mounds of data suggesting going for it there increases your win %. I think it was compounded by the flip flop moving off the confident / aggressive call onto anxious / conservative one 

Just now, CTM said:

Last time I looked there was mounds of data suggesting going for it there increases your win %. I think it was compounded by the flip flop moving off the confident / aggressive call onto anxious / conservative one 

Also remember against Buffalo they had a 4th and 1 to win the game and didnt get it. Wonder if that played into it

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

None of this, I repeat, none of this holds more weight than the presence of a Mahomes or Watson.

Agreed.  But those guys didn't go #1 or #2.  They weren't consensus guys like Luck or even Kyler Murray.  Trubisky was even taken ahead of BOTH of them and 9 teams passed on them.  There were risks.  Hindsight is 2020.  We should have taken Brady in the 1st round.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Please stop. You're a chorus of one in this thread. 

Every time a QB makes a play it's "if Sam had a OL" or if Sam had this... or if Sam had that.

This is KC against Houston. 

If Sam had the rack of a well-endowed 27 year old woman, you'd be a bigger fan.

• Haha 2

Just now, CTM said:

Still. If they dont score a TD on that play they simply have a new set of downs. Dopesnt give tehm an automatic TD.

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Did I say he wasn’t? I simply pointed out the two different situations. Some are overreacting 

No, you didn't.  But some do.  Some think if Sam was in KC, he'd be doing what Mahomes does.  No one on the planet can do what Mahomes does. 

And only a few approach was Mahomes can do (Watson among them), a group which doesn't include Sam.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

What does that matter when they both don’t have either.

But the Jets at least have an All Pro Player. Bears fans would say that. In fact most of the league probably says this looking at it. The only people who complain about the Jets picking Jamal Adams are Jets fans. This is not like Ryan Leaf where it was universally accepted as a failure

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No, you didn't.  But some do.  Some think if Sam was in KC, he'd be doing what Mahomes does.  No one on  the planet can do what Mahomes does.

I said the kid was terrific.  I only pointed out that he was put into a great situation too.  We need to learn from KC 

• Upvote 1