2019 DIVISIONAL ROUND GAME THREAD (Sunday games!)

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sam Darnold is gonna be a beast if the Jets don’t piss away the opportunity to put a decent situation around him. He’ll probably be a beast anyway

lol, technically that’s right, but idk why everyone is choosing THAT topic to dig into at the moment.

All you have to do is look at that footage of Darnold off of Twitter that was posted yesterday.  Lots of very “special” throws that most QBs can NOT make.  Done without a single NFL player on his OL (maybe Beachum, but he would t start at LT for most teams), WRs who rarely get separation and a running game that can’t even average 3.5 a carry.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was under the impression that we were talking about Jamal Adams + 2nd picks vs Watson/Mahomes in that case i’m with you guys 100%. I understand Darnold has a part in this because that is who we winded up picking the next year but I love Darnold and I see that sort of potential in him. 

Potential vs reality is where people often get twisted and knotted up here. 

I understand his potential is not quite our current reality at the moment but I have no problem having Darnold over the latter two. I do have a problem with how we passed on them for a strong safety. I guess, in short, if we were picking say... #17 in the 2017 Draft and had no chance at any of those 2017 QB’s, would you still be upset with Darnold? That’s my point I guess...we passed on them for pure insignificance (Jamal Adams). 

Agreed.  I think some overreact.  Nobody is saying Sam is better than Mahomes but the reality is that it would have been a much tougher situation.KC was already build a strong offense.  The only way the Jets could have done that was years earlier.  I don’t look at the past.  Mahomes went where he was suppose to go.  I think Sam went where he was needed too.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, King P said:

I do, but I still think the Cinderella run ends next week. But who knows ??‍♂️

Maybe but I think the titans are a better matchup. Henry playing out of his mind and they have better defense and MUCH better coaching.  I mean KC has a high powered offense but OBrien is a moron.  He almost cost them the game last week and this week he did 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

They both are...

Generational means once a generation. Not two in one draft. Major pet peeve of mine.

Peyton Manning and Randy Moss are generational talents. Mahomes is trending that way. Watson is not even a top five quarterback. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Green Truth said:

I really don't understand the love for Watson.  I do not really ever see him playing in the Super Bowl.  Fun to watch him dance around make people miss tackles and than get sacked 10 seconds later.

sad but he is better than any QB we’ve had in a long time.  Darnold aside.