2019 DIVISIONAL ROUND GAME THREAD (Sunday games!)

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

I know everyone’s loves KC but I wouldn’t sleep on the Titans, they aren’t flashy but they are playing smart team ball right now and well coached 

Everything you say is true.  But one team has Pat Mahomes and the other doesn't.  I'm not betting against Mahomes.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everything you say is true.  But one team has Pat Mahomes and the other doesn't.  I'm not betting against Mahomes.  

I understand but many said the Sane thing last year. KC still needs to prove themselves.  I guess I’m old school in playing great team ball and defense can make you dangerous in the playoffs. Not saying KC isn’t the favorite they are but I really think the titans have something going 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

I understand but many said the Sane thing last year. KC still needs to prove themselves.  I guess I’m old school in playing great team ball and defense can make you dangerous in the playoffs. Not saying KC isn’t the favorite they are but I really think the titans have something going 

KC should have beaten the Pats last year.  I don't fault him for not beating the Cheaters.

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

rooting for bama rb and rthe underdog

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Aaron Rodgers doing Aaron Rodgers things.

Now just run the ball, let me get a backdoor cover here with my teaser, @playtowinthegame

21-3 on the road was insurmountable, even for the great Russell Wilson. I hope the Packers can pull off the upset next weekend. I don't want the 49ers to add anymore hardware to their trophy case. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I was rooting for KC last year but they weren’t as effective as much as I hate to credit the Pats

True.  But its not like Tannehill has taken a team to the Super Bowl yet either.  If Mahomes was going up against a veteran QB who has been there before, I might not be as "gung ho" about picking the Chiefs.  

With no Brady, Manning, or Big Ben type in his way, I can't see the Titans winning this one without one of the greatest defensive efforts of all time.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True.  But its not like Tannehill has taken a team to the Super Bowl yet either.  If Mahomes was going up against a veteran QB who has been there before, I might not be as "gung ho" about picking the Chiefs.  

With no Brady, Manning, or Big Ben type in his way, I can't see the Titans winning this one without one of the greatest defensive efforts of all time.  

We shall see.  I felt that the Texans defense just were nonexistent by the end of the first half.  Plus OBrien we know what he did lol.  The Titans I doubt we do the same.  Either way I see it as a close game 

So we get #4 vs. #2 (AFC) and #2 vs. #1 (NFC).

Titans have been stellar on the road in these playoffs against very good teams.  If they can find a way to slow down KC it could be interesting.

I don't see San Fran losing at home with their rushing game and that defense.

We're 60 minutes of football away from a potential Jimmy Garoppolo vs. Ryan Tannehill Super Bowl.  Let that sink in!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

21-3 on the road was insurmountable, even for the great Russell Wilson. I hope the Packers can pull off the upset next weekend. I don't want the 49ers to add anymore hardware to their trophy case. 

The way they started I thought I lost both games. lol. KC had the incredible comeback though, and Seattle came through with the 10 points.

Teasers are a sucker bet, but today it worked out for me.

It had to be a tough loss for anyone who took Seattle +4, between Myers screwing up and the failed 2 pt try.

I'm curious to see next weeks lines. I'm leaning toward both home teams as of now.

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The way they started I thought I lost both games. lol. KC had the incredible comeback though, and Seattle came through with the 10 points.

It had to be a tough loss for anyone who took Seattle +4, between Myers screwing up and the failed 2 pt try.

I'm curious to see next weeks lines. I'm leaning toward both home teams as of now.

Early lines are Chiefs favored by 7.5 over the Titans and the 49ers favored by 7 over the Packers.

I genuinely can’t believe the line opened at 7. The KC quick-strike air attack is lethal, and it presents very different matchups and schemes than teams like NE and Balt. Both of those teams were built on the run game and passed inside-out, whereas KC passes outside-in and runs only to keep defenses honest. This will be a very different challenge for the Titans defense. If they’re not up to the task, the troubles will cascade to the Tenn offense who will be forced to play catch-up - thereby negating the best RB in football. I see the Titans hanging around for a few quarters, but the final score will be a double-digit difference. 

My Chiefs over 9ers bet before the playoffs is looking extra crispy right now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He won’t be much of a factor if Mahomes throws 5 TDs.

In a game between a great QB vs a great RB, give me the QB. And no, Jackson was not in that category of QB.

Exactly.

Henry won’t do you any good if you are down three touchdowns before u can blink 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

There are always anomalies, but there's just no way I can see a SB with Tannehill vs Jimmy G.  Just about every Super Bowl has at least ONE elite QB in it.  

KC-SF is certainly possible.  Maybe even probable, given the large spread in the 49ers' favor.  But I can't see TEN-SF happening at all.

On 1/12/2020 at 5:08 PM, Losmeister said:

Still. If they dont score a TD on that play they simply have a new set of downs. Dopesnt give tehm an automatic TD.

On 1/12/2020 at 5:07 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

Also remember against Buffalo they had a 4th and 1 to win the game and didnt get it. Wonder if that played into it

Just saw this and thought it was relevant, not looking to start the debate up again. 

image.png.726a637d89c59ac04c54f7fef0bbaf7f.png

On 1/12/2020 at 10:12 PM, 14 in Green said:

On 1/12/2020 at 10:20 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Early lines are Chiefs favored by 7.5 over the Titans and the 49ers favored by 7 over the Packers.

Easy money so far today...