Jump to content
Beerfish

Paradis (or anyone else) ...TEs.....

Recommended Posts

So who is the next George Kittle.

We still need to draft a TE this year (later in the draft).  I do not trust Herndon, the injury toGriffin was a bad one.

Give me some names to look at.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rough year for TE’s.  Randy Moss’ kid Thaddeus Moss from LSU may declare, he would be interesting.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So who is the next George Kittle.
We still need to draft a TE this year (later in the draft).  I do not trust Herndon, the injury toGriffin was a bad one.
Give me some names to look at.

Funny right? This guy was hanging around until the 5th rd



Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cole Kmet from ND is the big name right now. Big fella from Mizzou is another, Albert Okwuegbunam. Both seem like day 2 guys currently.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So who is the next George Kittle.

We still need to draft a TE this year (later in the draft).  I do not trust Herndon, the injury toGriffin was a bad one.

Give me some names to look at.

 

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:


Funny right? This guy was hanging around until the 5th rd
 

I missed on Kittle, if I'm being honest. I didn't see the explosive tackle breaking ability and grit that he was to make those 5 yard plays turn into 15 yards... well, apparently no one in the NFL did either cause he slid 200 picks in... 

Goes to show you that what see from a 21 or 22 year old, isn't necessarily the finished product.  He really took his game to another level year 2

Its too bad we couldnt' take one of his fellow Hawkeyes last year. Both look like the real deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Rough year for TE’s.  Randy Moss’ kid Thaddeus Moss from LSU may declare, he would be interesting.  

Rough year is right... no Fants or Hockensons that's for sure

@Beerfish I'd be lying if i said i've been working the all-22 on TEs thus far. No one's inspired me (yet) to make time... i'm sure I will though. 

I'll throw a couple names out there that i at least plan to look at... (and will potentially available on day 2/3)

  • Brycen Hopkins (Purdue)... 6'5 245 with a lot wiggle and get off at the LOS... looks good, but need to see if he can make those contested catches.... that was my problem with Ebron and OJ Howard... great athletes but TEs don't always get the luxury of a ton of separation... gotta be able to play through coverage and go get the ball. 
  • Harrison Bryant (FAU)... a popular "sleeper" with draft pundits... he's intriguing. i watched one game and he was just kind of doing whatever on offense. Felt really unrefined. Good hands though... he'll be a the Senior Bowl. If he plays well there, it will help. 
  • Adam Trautman (Dayton)... he's this year's small school Cinderella prospect. He looks the part and his stats say so... but I've seen more of these small school TEs really struggle (Saubert, Shaheen, Sandland)... than those who succeed. He'll be at the Senior Bowl too... lets hope he's more Goedert/Everett than the former
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paradis said:

 

I missed on Kittle, if I'm being honest. I didn't see the explosive tackle breaking ability and grit that he was to make those 5 yard plays turn into 15 yards... well, apparently no one in the NFL did either cause he slid 200 picks in... 

Goes to show you that what see from a 21 or 22 year old, isn't necessarily the finished product.  He really took his game to another level year 2

Its too bad we couldnt' take one of his fellow Hawkeyes last year. Both look like the real deal.

That's the funny part about it. These are kids. Quite literally. Sure they have hair on their faces, but they are little more than children who are still growing into the men they will become. I'm a firm believer that many of these guys would sink or swim depending on the situation they get drafted into. The line between them is razor thin at times.  

  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunter Bryant out of Washington is one of the top guys in my book. Not sure if he is coming out. Not quite the Greg Kittle type but a talented receiving TE.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a vid specifically looking at the TEs in this draft class. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kittle was a bit older as a prospect, turned 24 his rookie year. I loved him and really wanted the Jets to take him but didn’t see him performing quite to this level, not sure anyone did. Great athlete and hell of a blocker coming out of Iowa though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, section314 said:

Wasn't he from Iowa too?  They had two guys go in the 1st round last year. Good place to start. Paging @Hawkeye Jet😁

Yep.  Kittle was a Hawkeye too.  Was a stud at Iowa, but was hurt a lot.  I actually predicted he would end up being the best TE in that class, but I don't think anyone could have predicted what he has turned out to be.

Iowa has churned out TEs under Ferentz like it's nothing.  Kittle, Hockenson, Fant, Dallas Clark, Brandon Meyers, Scott Chandler, CJ Fiedorowicz, Tony Moeaki among them.  

File the name Sam LaPorta away in memory, he's the next really good one.  True Freshman this year so a while before NFL, but if he stays healthy he will be there.  A lot of Hockenson in him.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Paradis said:

 

So watched this (i mean i posted it, i better lol) 

I like this man. I like him a lot. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I’d bet on Kent being the first TE off the board. Could definitely see NE taking him in the 1st 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont have a beat on any coming out this year but next season keeps your eyes on Kyle Pitts from Florida.  6'6 240, runs like a reciever.  With the Gators losing a few WR's, Pitts could have monster season.

Speaking of Florida receiving threats, the other guy to keep an eye next college season is Trevon Grimes.  First time in a long time that Florida could be producing a true blue, #1 WR worthy of a first round select.  6'5, polished route runner, great hands and probably runs in the 4.4 range.  He's a prototype #1. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont have a beat on any coming out this year but next season keeps your eyes on Kyle Pitts from Florida.  6'6 240, runs like a reciever.  With the Gators losing a few WR's, Pitts could have monster season.

Speaking of Florida receiving threats, the other guy to keep an eye next college season is Trevon Grimes.  First time in a long time that Florida could be producing a true blue, #1 WR worthy of a first round select.  6'5, polished route runner, great hands and probably runs in the 4.4 range.  He's a prototype #1. 

He was the OSU transfer?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He was the OSU transfer?  

Yes, there were a lot of mouths to feed this season so he didnt have a huge year and while they will still have a few next year too, I see Grimes stepping into a huge role next season.  Mullen mad Fred Ross a G at Miss St., I could see Grimes having similar production.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

I dont have a beat on any coming out this year but next season keeps your eyes on Kyle Pitts from Florida.  6'6 240, runs like a reciever.  With the Gators losing a few WR's, Pitts could have monster season.

Speaking of Florida receiving threats, the other guy to keep an eye next college season is Trevon Grimes.  First time in a long time that Florida could be producing a true blue, #1 WR worthy of a first round select.  6'5, polished route runner, great hands and probably runs in the 4.4 range.  He's a prototype #1. 

This excites me for next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This excites me for next year. 

For sure.  I'm really happy with what's going on in Gainesville right now.  Mullen is just such a good fit and he's making it cool to be a Gator again.  If the damn University wasnt so obsessed with Academics right now lol, we could hopefully get new facilities and really start competing on the recruiting trail (though we were ranked 6/7 depending on the source this year) but the arrow is pointing up for sure.

What will be interesting to see is what he does with Trask, Jones and now Richardson.  Trask was great but Jones is such a better athlete.  And now throw in his next Dak (hopefully) and things are going to get very interesting.  Whoever does get the nod will have a lot of weapons at their disposal. 

Anywho, I'm excited for next year and really hope we can take back @Lith the SEC East from Georgia because we are returning a lot and while Georgia is just a recruiting factory right now, they're still losing a ton.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiF said:

For sure.  I'm really happy with what's going on in Gainesville right now.  Mullen is just such a good fit and he's making it cool to be a Gator again.  If the damn University wasnt so obsessed with Academics right now lol, we could hopefully get new facilities and really start competing on the recruiting trail (though we were ranked 6/7 depending on the source this year) but the arrow is pointing up for sure.

What will be interesting to see is what he does with Trask, Jones and now Jefferson.  Trask was great but Jones is such a better athlete.  And now throw in his next Dak (hopefully) and things are going to get very interesting.  Whoever does get the nod will have a lot of weapons at their disposal. 

Anywho, I'm excited for next year and really hope we can take back @Lith the SEC East from Georgia because we are returning a lot and while Georgia is just a recruiting factory right now, they're still losing a ton.  

If you are ever going to win the SEC East again it will be next year.  Trask might be the best QB in the SEC next year, Georgia is losing Fromm, but also Cade Mays, and had a 5 star RB de-commit.   They’re still talented but if you don’t get them this year you never will IMO.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

If you are ever going to win the SEC East again it will be next year.  Trask might be the best QB in the SEC next year, Georgia is losing Fromm, but also Cade Mays, and had a 5 star RB de-commit.   They’re still talented but if you don’t get them this year you never will IMO.  

And Thomas, Kindley, Swift, Cleveland, Reed, Clark, Blankenship.  Not sure if Wilson is staying but that's almost their entire starting OL if so.  Definitely the year to do it.

We are losing our 2 best pass rushers and CJ Henderson (who is slightly overrated IMO) but not too worried, Florida's D is always solid.  Mullen has to beat Georgia next year.  A lot of the good feelings we all have will quickly turn sour if he doesnt but if he doesnt, never?  LIke ever again?  Dont say those things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

And Thomas, Kindley, Swift, Cleveland, Reed, Clark, Blankenship.  Not sure if Wilson is staying but that's almost their entire starting OL if so.  Definitely the year to do it.

We are losing our 2 best pass rushers and CJ Henderson (who is slightly overrated IMO) but not too worried, Florida's D is always solid.  Mullen has to beat Georgia next year.  A lot of the good feelings we all have will quickly turn sour if he doesnt but if he doesnt, never?  LIke ever again?  Dont say those things.

 

Lol...maybe not never.   But it is all sitting right there for you guys.  Honestly, you have a great shot at winning the whole SEC.  Who knows how LSU replaces Burrow and the other guys leaving, Bama is losing key guys.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see you guys win that conference next year.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Lol...maybe not never.   But it is all sitting right there for you guys.  Honestly, you have a great shot at winning the whole SEC.  Who knows how LSU replaces Burrow and the other guys leaving, Bama is losing key guys.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see you guys win that conference next year.  

Trust me, around there parts, that's not the first time I've heard the idea thrown out there.  Especially after Ed came and out and said we were the toughest match up on the year.  

It's possible.  10 wins last year, #10 to finish the season to 11 wins this year, #7 to finish the season.  It's projecting the right way but like Mullen said though, it's hard to go from 10 to 11 even harder to go from 11 to 12, especially in the SEC.  He's the first Gators coach to win 10 games in his first 2 season, a place where Urban Myer and Steve Spurrier won titles.  Like I said, we're feeling good these days.  Feel even better if we beat the Bulldogs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiF said:

For sure.  I'm really happy with what's going on in Gainesville right now.  Mullen is just such a good fit and he's making it cool to be a Gator again.  If the damn University wasnt so obsessed with Academics right now lol, we could hopefully get new facilities and really start competing on the recruiting trail (though we were ranked 6/7 depending on the source this year) but the arrow is pointing up for sure.

What will be interesting to see is what he does with Trask, Jones and now Richardson.  Trask was great but Jones is such a better athlete.  And now throw in his next Dak (hopefully) and things are going to get very interesting.  Whoever does get the nod will have a lot of weapons at their disposal. 

Anywho, I'm excited for next year and really hope we can take back @Lith the SEC East from Georgia because we are returning a lot and while Georgia is just a recruiting factory right now, they're still losing a ton.  

 

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

If you are ever going to win the SEC East again it will be next year.  Trask might be the best QB in the SEC next year, Georgia is losing Fromm, but also Cade Mays, and had a 5 star RB de-commit.   They’re still talented but if you don’t get them this year you never will IMO.  

We already replaced Fromm with Wake Forest transfer Jamie Newman.  Never watched much Wake, but I am really curious to see what our offense looks like with a dual threat QB.  Seems like a bunch of analysts are really high on this guy.

Not too concerned about losing Zach Evans -- the RB.  We have plenty of depth there, including another 5 star in Kendall Milton.  We will be fine at RB.  Was some strange stuff going on with the Evans recruitment that I don't think we will ever know exactly what went down or why.  

Losing Mays is probably the biggest hit.   Freshman Warren Ericson played pretty well at G in the Sugar Bowl when Mays was moved to tackle, but that was only one game.  Losing Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Wlson and Solomon Kindley to the draft and now Mays transferring to Tennessee means we are replacing 4 OL starters.  That is what has me most concerned.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve watched Newman some during his time at Wake, he can play.  Will be interesting to see what Kirby does with the offense and how much uptempo he runs.  Newman played in a pretty high tempo offense at Wake, that seems to suit him.  Just ironic that you guys are turning to a dual threat transfer QB just a year after Fields transferred out.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lith said:

 

We already replaced Fromm with Wake Forest transfer Jamie Newman.  Never watched much Wake, but I am really curious to see what our offense looks like with a dual threat QB.  Seems like a bunch of analysts are really high on this guy.

Not too concerned about losing Zach Evans -- the RB.  We have plenty of depth there, including another 5 star in Kendall Milton.  We will be fine at RB.  Was some strange stuff going on with the Evans recruitment that I don't think we will ever know exactly what went down or why.  

Losing Mays is probably the biggest hit.   Freshman Warren Ericson played pretty well at G in the Sugar Bowl when Mays was moved to tackle, but that was only one game.  Losing Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Wlson and Solomon Kindley to the draft and now Mays transferring to Tennessee means we are replacing 4 OL starters.  That is what has me most concerned.

I’ve watched Newman some during his time at Wake, he can play.  Will be interesting to see what Kirby does with the offense and how much uptempo he runs.  Newman played in a pretty high tempo offense at Wake, that seems to suit him.  Just ironic that you guys are turning to a dual threat transfer QB just a year after Fields transferred out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

 

We already replaced Fromm with Wake Forest transfer Jamie Newman.  Never watched much Wake, but I am really curious to see what our offense looks like with a dual threat QB.  Seems like a bunch of analysts are really high on this guy.

Not too concerned about losing Zach Evans -- the RB.  We have plenty of depth there, including another 5 star in Kendall Milton.  We will be fine at RB.  Was some strange stuff going on with the Evans recruitment that I don't think we will ever know exactly what went down or why.  

Losing Mays is probably the biggest hit.   Freshman Warren Ericson played pretty well at G in the Sugar Bowl when Mays was moved to tackle, but that was only one game.  Losing Andrew Thomas, Isaiah Wlson and Solomon Kindley to the draft and now Mays transferring to Tennessee means we are replacing 4 OL starters.  That is what has me most concerned.

I thought I heard that and from my perspective, that's why you guys beat us this year.  We couldnt touch Frohm and he was murdering us on every 3rd down.   Just too dominate upfront for the Gators disturb the passing game. 

Didnt know you got Newman in the transfer portal.  I dont know a ton about him either and only game I watched Wake was vs. FSU this season and he wasnt playing.  That said, on the local radio Riley Skinner does the ACC reports and he was really high on him early in the season but as soon as they started playing some competition, it sounds like he really struggled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 9:47 PM, Paradis said:

Rough year is right... no Fants or Hockensons that's for sure

@Beerfish I'd be lying if i said i've been working the all-22 on TEs thus far. No one's inspired me (yet) to make time... i'm sure I will though. 

I'll throw a couple names out there that i at least plan to look at... (and will potentially available on day 2/3)

  • Brycen Hopkins (Purdue)... 6'5 245 with a lot wiggle and get off at the LOS... looks good, but need to see if he can make those contested catches.... that was my problem with Ebron and OJ Howard... great athletes but TEs don't always get the luxury of a ton of separation... gotta be able to play through coverage and go get the ball. 
  • Harrison Bryant (FAU)... a popular "sleeper" with draft pundits... he's intriguing. i watched one game and he was just kind of doing whatever on offense. Felt really unrefined. Good hands though... he'll be a the Senior Bowl. If he plays well there, it will help. 
  • Adam Trautman (Dayton)... he's this year's small school Cinderella prospect. He looks the part and his stats say so... but I've seen more of these small school TEs really struggle (Saubert, Shaheen, Sandland)... than those who succeed. He'll be at the Senior Bowl too... lets hope he's more Goedert/Everett than the former

This makes me moist. My guy is answering the call. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 3:51 PM, JiF said:

I thought I heard that and from my perspective, that's why you guys beat us this year.  We couldnt touch Frohm and he was murdering us on every 3rd down.   Just too dominate upfront for the Gators disturb the passing game. 

Didnt know you got Newman in the transfer portal.  I dont know a ton about him either and only game I watched Wake was vs. FSU this season and he wasnt playing.  That said, on the local radio Riley Skinner does the ACC reports and he was really high on him early in the season but as soon as they started playing some competition, it sounds like he really struggled. 

Daughter at Wake so have followed the Deac's this season pretty closely. Newman is a very solid QB who is smart, has an accurate arm, and is mobile. Biggest problem for the Deac's in the last few games of the season is that they lost their two lead receivers -- Sarratt and Washington. Sarratt was really impressive until he went down. Great hands and routes. Keep in mind too that Wake is by far the smallest school in the ACC. Tough to compete against schools with vastly more resources in every way.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Daughter at Wake so have followed the Deac's this season pretty closely. Newman is a very solid QB who is smart, has an accurate arm, and is mobile. Biggest problem for the Deac's in the last few games of the season is that they lost their two lead receivers -- Sarratt and Washington. Sarratt was really impressive until he went down. Great hands and routes. Keep in mind too that Wake is by far the smallest school in the ACC. Tough to compete against schools with vastly more resources in every way.

Fair.  Like I said, the only game I really watched of Wake was FSU and he wasnt playing.  So I've just been going off what Riley Skinner was saying about him (Riley is the all time passing leader for Wake).  He never mentioned the injuries, just talked about how he was basically awful vs. the better half of the schedule and when you look at his stats, it supports that theory.  

The closest thing he faced to an SEC defense was Clemson.  He was 6-14 0 TD's, 2 INT's and 12 rushes for 19 yards.  Now he'll have a much better supporting cast around him at Georgia and not every SEC team is on Clemson's level but that doesnt sound encouraging.  But who knows, sometimes a change of scenery does a player good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Trautman making waves too this week. This makes me happy. 
 

 

Who's covering this guy, Buster Skrine?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...