Paradis (or anyone else) ...TEs.....

Beerfish

On 1/11/2020 at 9:47 PM, Paradis said:

Rough year is right... no Fants or Hockensons that's for sure

@Beerfish I'd be lying if i said i've been working the all-22 on TEs thus far. No one's inspired me (yet) to make time... i'm sure I will though. 

I'll throw a couple names out there that i at least plan to look at... (and will potentially available on day 2/3)

• Brycen Hopkins (Purdue)... 6'5 245 with a lot wiggle and get off at the LOS... looks good, but need to see if he can make those contested catches.... that was my problem with Ebron and OJ Howard... great athletes but TEs don't always get the luxury of a ton of separation... gotta be able to play through coverage and go get the ball. 
  • Harrison Bryant (FAU)... a popular "sleeper" with draft pundits... he's intriguing. i watched one game and he was just kind of doing whatever on offense. Felt really unrefined. Good hands though... he'll be a the Senior Bowl. If he plays well there, it will help. 
  • Adam Trautman (Dayton)... he's this year's small school Cinderella prospect. He looks the part and his stats say so... but I've seen more of these small school TEs really struggle (Saubert, Shaheen, Sandland)... than those who succeed. He'll be at the Senior Bowl too... lets hope he's more Goedert/Everett than the former

It’s begun. i went six to noon this week watching these 3. 

we desperately need to draft one of those three. Right now we don’t have a great set up for 12 personnel. Ryan Griffin earned his extension but he hasn’t been healthy to my recollection often enough, and Herndon to be honest as a question mark At this point

Get ready for a parity tight end obsessed off season coming up

On 1/11/2020 at 9:34 PM, derp said:

Cole Kmet from ND is the big name right now. Big fella from Mizzou is another, Albert Okwuegbunam. Both seem like day 2 guys currently.

Kmet looks really good - im a big ND fan so I have a bias... but i could see him going by mid-end of 2nd round. He may even rise from that after combine. I feel like unless we trade back for multiple picks we won't have luxury of grabbing him unless Joe D has a field day in FA