Vrabel has begun the blueprint for stopping Lamar Jackson

RoadFan

17 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Rush 4 or 5 down lineman with a WIDER spread setting.  (creates traffic in many of the outside running lanes.)

Zone coverage with a focus on taking away the middle of the field for him to throw.   ( It forces him to pass outside the hashes more often, while also limiting gains if he decides to take off up the middle.)

Curious to see Baltimore's halftime adjustment...

Let’s see them do it for 60 minutes, not saying they can’t just saying this same thing was said at the half last year with Belicheck and Mahomes, Pats still won, but Mahomes put up like 35 points in the 2nd half.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It was only a matter of time. Colin Kapernick lit the league on fire his first year or two and was a better pure passer than Lamar. 

Eventually to be a QB long term you have to...throw the football. Once they take away the running lanes and make you think and throw....it all changes.

I agree. 

Kaep is the best comparison.   But I fear mentioning him because it leads to thread lock.   Hopefully,  he isnt discussed again.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don’t know. While Lamar Jackson is good and had a great reg season his type of QB seems to have a short shelf life. Defenses figure it out against a running Qb just like they did years ago with the Ravens number 2 RG 3. I could be wrong but a regular pocket style of QB like Sam lasts longer and in the long run more effective. Don’t be so certain that Lamar is better than Sam, 

Fair.  When your legs are you main weapon as a QB it does tend to be a short shelf life.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Rush 4 or 5 down lineman with a WIDER spread setting.  (creates traffic in many of the outside running lanes.)

Zone coverage with a focus on taking away the middle of the field for him to throw.   ( It forces him to pass outside the hashes more often, while also limiting gains if he decides to take off up the middle.)

Jim Johnson was doing that when the Eagles beat Mike Vick and the Falcons in Tver 2004 NFC Championship 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t know. While Lamar Jackson is good and had a great reg season his type of QB seems to have a short shelf life. Defenses figure it out against a running Qb just like they did years ago with the Ravens number 2 RG 3. I could be wrong but a regular pocket style of QB like Sam lasts longer and in the long run more effective. Don’t be so certain that Lamar is better than Sam, 

At best Lamar has had a better season than Darnold. And he is a better RB than Darnold. I think in 3 years being the better RB will be all that Lamar can do better if he is still in the NFL.

34 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It was only a matter of time. Colin Kapernick lit the league on fire his first year or two and was a better pure passer than Lamar. 

Eventually to be a QB long term you have to...throw the football. Once they take away the running lanes and make you think and throw....it all changes.

Bingo. 

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

dude did his job. 

d didn't. Tannehill is 2020 griese. 

• Upvote 3

Lamar ran the ball 20 times in this game and Derrick Henry ran the ball 30 times. 

That’s dangerous man, A QB had 10 less carries than a heavy duty RB who gets fed the ball all day. They run the offense through Henry and Lamar had TEN less carries.

as exciting as Lamar is running, I’d never wanna see my QB, my league MVP QB, my entire soul of the team, run the ball 20 times ever again. Noooo sir. You run that back up RB if Ingram is hurt and you LIVE with it because the QB can’t be running 20 times in a single game.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

At best Lamar has had a better season than Darnold. And he is a better RB than Darnold. I think in 3 years being the better RB will be all that Lamar can do better if he is still in the NFL.

chat some sh*t when sam throws 36 or more TDs. jet nation schadenfreude is bs.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lamar ran the ball 20 times in this game and Derrick Henry ran the ball 30 times. 

That’s dangerous man, A QB had 10 less carries than a heavy duty RB who gets fed the ball all day. They run the offense through Henry and Lamar had TEN less carries.

as exciting as Lamar is running, I’d never wanna see my QB, my league MVP QB, my entire soul of the team, run the ball 20 times ever again. Noooo sir. You run that back up RB if Ingram is hurt and you LIVE with it because the QB can’t be running 20 times in a single game.

He also threw the ball 60 times. And that's the reason why they lost. 

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

chat some sh*t when sam throws 36 or more TDs. jet nation schadenfreude is bs.

Love Sam but ain’t that the truth. I got downvoted for saying Lamar will be fine like I said something crazy. I’m sure he puts up 30+ TDs again and Baltimore makes the playoffs next season while we go 8-8

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1