Vrabel has begun the blueprint for stopping Lamar Jackson

RoadFan

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

The whole team was off

the failed 4th down attempts were the difference 

I hope someday we have a guy that accounts for 500 yards and people say he was exposed lol

He ran the ball 20 times. He’s a QB.

its not going to last. So if that day comes, you should probably just enjoy the day it comes because it’ll probably be gone the next.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

He ran the ball 20 times. He’s a QB.

its not going to last. So if that day comes, you should probably just enjoy the day it comes because it’ll probably be gone the next.

Bo Jackson didn’t last 

this was fun. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bo Jackson is a running back. He didn’t last doing things he was suppose to do, like, running. He also didn’t last because of a FREAK injury to his hip.

Lamar Jackson is a QB. You can’t make this comparison and be serious. 

I’m typing random sh*t off the top of my head while listening to Rush and playing my kids in 9 ball. 

I’m not taking it seriously in any way

have a great night

3 hours ago, Larz said:

this was a classic example of an over confident rusty team taking a team lightly and looking ahead 

kudos to vrabel, his team is focused and tough 

Lamar made mistakes and was definitely off

he also accounted for 500 yards btw

How good do you have to be to have 500+ yards on a day you don’t play your best!?

Ravens run D lost that game, not Lamar.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

How good do you have to be to have 500+ yards on a day you don’t play your best!?

lol he threw two picks, fumbled and a ton of those yards were accumulated in the final two-three Ravens drives. The game was 28-12 near the end of the 3rd and it stayed that way because Lamar didn’t punch it in. I understand he was playing under fire all night, but you are the league MVP, you put the team on your back and you sling that SOB around until you hit pay dirt. He didn’t. Idc if he were to have 600 yards passing and running, Lamar Jackson’s arm couldn’t get the job done tonight and now their season is over. I don’t even dislike Lamar for being 2018 QB class competition to our own QB, I really don’t, that’s childish but I’m a straight shooter and I call it like I see it. Lamar isn’t that great of a passer and it showed tonight when the MVP’s team needed him to be that level of passer.

• Upvote 1

That upset last night was all about an immaculate game plans put together by Mike Vrabel. He stole a page from REX RYAN and has utilized his ground and pound attack along with stifling defense to perfection to take down two superior performing teams. Vrabel should get coach of the year.

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Lamar isn’t a quarterback.  When he can’t run and his so-called “magic” dries up he’s an inconsistent turnover machine. 

We’ve seen this about 5 times in the last 15 years, maybe more. The “magic” QB like Vick who can run all over the scrubs and struggles against the elites and bows out sheepishly in the playoffs. 

Bengals, Bengals, Browns, Browns, Steelers, Steelers, Dolphins, Jets, Rams, Cardinals. 

That’s 10 of Lamar’s games this season. MVP?  Ha.  He played a 6 game schedule.

SAR I 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Lamar isn’t a quarterback.  When he can’t run and his so-called “magic” dries up he’s an inconsistent turnover machine. 

We’ve seen this about 5 times in the last 15 years, maybe more. The “magic” QB like Vick who can run all over the scrubs and struggles against the elites and bows out sheepishly in the playoffs. 

Bengals, Bengals, Browns, Browns, Steelers, Steelers, Dolphins, Jets, Rams, Cardinals. 

That’s 10 of Lamar’s games this season. MVP?  Ha.  He played a 6 game schedule.

SAR I 

Just an above average athlete that can throw it not that accurately.  Love the guys saying he threw for blah blah blah though.  Stop.  He is not an elite QB.  He’s an elite athlete. He’d be better at WR, they will wish they had the opportunity to have a pocket qb That can scrmble instead of a running QB very soon.  

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

lol he threw two picks, fumbled and a ton of those yards were accumulated in the final two-three Ravens drives. The game was 28-12 near the end of the 3rd and it stayed that way because Lamar didn’t punch it in. I understand he was playing under fire all night, but you are the league MVP, you put the team on your back and you sling that SOB around until you hit pay dirt. He didn’t. Idc if he were to have 600 yards passing and running, Lamar Jackson’s arm couldn’t get the job done tonight and now their season is over. I don’t even dislike Lamar for being 2018 QB class competition to our own QB, I really don’t, that’s childish but I’m a straight shooter and I call it like I see it. Lamar isn’t that great of a passer and it showed tonight when the MVP’s team needed him to be that level of passer.

What the Ravens do is great when playing with a lead.  Once they had to make a comeback, their got all puckered up and Jackson was forced to make on time plays and find his 2nd option.  If you noticed, the Titans did a great job of taking away his first option and Jackson had no answer.  He held the ball too long or tried to run and that can only get you so far in this league as we’ve learned now seeing Jackson in 2 playoff games.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

When you are runner like Lamar is and throw the ball almost 60 times I would think you would get a good amount of yards, but these are the most important things

-only 12 points

-3 turnovers

- a loss

i agree the Ravens didn’t play well but Lamar was not good.  Gotta be fair 

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

When you are runner like Lamar is and throw the ball almost 60 times I would think you would get a good amount of yards, but these are the most important things

-only 12 points

-3 turnovers

- a loss

i agree the Ravens didn’t play well but Lamar was not good.  Gotta be fair 

If the Titans and Ravens had switched QBs for that game the Titans would’ve won 50 - 6.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Come on man.  It’s fine that you are a Lamar fan but you gotta be fair.  He didn’t play well.  Can’t just make excuses 

That’s my point, his not playing well is still pretty good and that game is two 4th down stops by the Titans D from being entirely different.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

That’s my point, his not playing well is still pretty good and that game is two 4th down stops by the Titans D from being entirely different.

He committed 3 turnovers..that’s not good.  A lot of the yards he got was when the game was essentially over and it took him 60 pass attempts.  The Ravens  didn’t play well I agree but saying that Lamar did his job is ridiculous.  Tannehill might not have had the flashy stats but he didn’t make mistakes and made plays when he had to 

So the 2nd year QB that threw for 45 TDs and had 300 passing and 100 rushing yards in his is 2nd playoff game is no longer a QB?

I mean its not like he can get better like he did from last season to this season, but Sam will definitely continue to improve, even though no QB in 2018 draft had a game bad as Sam’s Ghost game.

We can acknowledge the shiny car across the street without comparing it to ours.

I hope both QBs continue to improve.

I still think Lamar will be an elite QB if he can learn to make the throws in the pocket. What Vrabel did yesterday was take a page out the late Jim Johnson's playbook and make him play in the pocket. Johnson who was an Eagles's DC for Andy Reid used it against Mike Vick in the 2004 NFC Championship when the Eagles went to the Super Bowl. DL rushed Vick but stayed in their lanes and kept Vick from breaking outside.

It is the same story with all these running QB's. Keep'em in the pocket and they become less lethal.

The one thing that would really concern me though is the number of wobbler's he put up last night. Not all the time but once in awhile even protected he was throwing ducks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I still think Lamar will be an elite QB if he can learn to make the throws in the pocket. What Vrabel did yesterday was take a page out the late Jim Johnson's playbook and make him play in the pocket. Johnson who was an Eagles's DC for Andy Reid used it against Mike Vick in the 2004 NFC Championship when the Eagles went to the Super Bowl. DL rushed Vick but stayed in their lanes and kept Vick from breaking outside.

It is the same story with all these running QB's. Keep'em in the pocket and they become less lethal.

The one thing that would really concern me though is the number of wobbler's he put up last night. Not all the time but once in awhile even protected he was throwing ducks.

He was elite.

8 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

ravens turnovers and not converting 4th down plays lost the game for the ravens, vrabels defense won the game imo

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Lamar definitely didn’t play that well last night but stop with the Darnold sh*t. Take off your green and white colored glasses for 2 minutes and look at the stats. They’re not even close, Sam has a ton of work to do to even be compared to Lamar. 

Nobody is questioning Lamar’s talent or his great year. But you have to take into account the rosters.  Sam plays with nobody really and has zero protection, that makes a difference 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The best blueprint vs many teams is to get the lead early.

Teams in the lead can dictate the game. 

Balt had to go away from their offense because Tenn scored points and did not settle for FGs'

Totally unrelated to thread......can you believe the Red Wings only have 25 pts?

i don't think the recipe to stop jackson or any running qb has changed.  it's all about the dline rushing enough to keep the pocket formed and force jackson to stay in the pocket.  they did it because they were also able to cover the raven receivers pretty effectively.  even the passes they caught were in traffic.  now we'll see if the next team can handle the titans run game..  henry is a load and as long as he's in the game the titans will be tough.  as one poster said, tannehill is looking like griese because he just has to hand off and make only smart throws.