BornJetsFan1983

R. Tannehill- was almost coached out of the league by idiot Gase

43 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, but it needs to be shared.

82537715_3042719965774671_37302406606372

I Actually laughed out loud at this. 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, CTM said:

Tn has a RB that's on a record breaking tear. Scrawl said first ever to do 180+ in 3 straight games. Ever. Hes averaging what 6 YPC? This kinda of dominance is unheard of its carrying Tannenhill at the moment..

When he gets contained, and they need Tannenhill to makes plays, then we will see how much better Tannenhill has become. I suspect the anti-gasers wont like the results 

You Forgot to mention that Tennenhill LED The League is QB Passer rating... if you're going to give props to Henry for the last 3 games you Have to Give Props to Tannenhill for what he did during the regular season... The Playoffs is a Whole Different animal... controlling the clock, limiting turnovers & playing stout defense Will win you Playoff games.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I also give props to what Lamar did during the regular season (14-2), but last night....not so much.

Tannehill is good (always has been, high draft choice, etc.) and is now healthy (wasn't as healthy with Dolphins).  He's benefiting from about 5 things he didn't have with the Dolphins.....good healthy, great Offensive Line, amazing Running Back, solid defense, being asked to manage games and occasionally make a really good pass.

We saw what Lamar looks like when down by two scores and asked to be a true passing QB last night.  Tannehill hasn't really been asked to pass his way to a victory yet.

I read the fins fan sites when we play them & one of their Biggest Gripes was Gase's propensity to put Tannenhill in positions where he was apt to taking a big hit & being injured... I just hope Sam can avoid being put in the same position.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We've seen a season of this now.  I think Sam's mobility helps and in spite of our truly horrid OLine I felt like Gase may have learned those lessons and not given Sam 7-step drops, asked him to hold the ball, etc.  I think despite Gase WANTING to try to light it up, to send Robby deep, etc. he knew he'd be putting Sam at risk and I didn't see a ton of those plays called, even when the Jets were down by multiple scores.

Let's hope a lesson has been learned and an improved OLine leads to better days!

Here's to Joe D getting Us a Tier 1 Oline... & hopefully #1 WR, Pass rusher & CB.  😏👍

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Maybe Gase taught him this + he's finally healthy + he's has a good coach who also emphasizes these things + the Titans have been a decent not great team the past several years and  Tannehill was the missing piece that makes the Titans work.  At the very least he's better than Mariota.  Actually looks like a good game manager ala the early years of Brady.  

where have you seen Any of that from gase?

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

I thought Darnold looked better as a game manager as the year progressed...maybe it was Gase maybe it was because the LT and C positions improved ever so slightly.  Either way it looked like a point of emphasis.

okay... I can't say if gase was a reason for that or not... Hopefully he Was & has learned from his prior mistakes... 2020 will tell. 

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And what about the regular season games?

He Only Led the League in QBR.... shhhhh... no one needs to know. 😏

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company