BornJetsFan1983

R. Tannehill- was almost coached out of the league by idiot Gase

Tannehill was much better before the Fraud.  He was brought in to elevate Tannehill and ended up with Tanny being traded, benched and just another first round bust until Vrabel had enought with Mariota.  Tannehill became the highest passer rating in the league.  Do you honestly with a straight face believe that the Fraud could had done that?

Tannehill was better before the Fraud regressed under him and became better after him.  
#FACTSMATTERS
Not a great fan of Gase, but if Tannehill was better before Gase then why did Tannehill's yards per attempt, yards per completion, completion percentage, TD:INT ratio, and QB rating (93.1 vs. 85.2) all improve under "the Fraud"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JetNation.com mobile app

love it when poster start I'm not a fan of Gase but post fake news to defend him.   Two season prior to the Fraud taking over the Dolphins Tannehill 2014            4,045 yards 27TD 12 INT in 16 games                                                                                                                              2015    4208  Yards 24 TD 12 INT 16 games

Two season of Tannehill playing for the Fraud                                                    2016    2995 Yards 19 TD 12 INT in 13 games

2018   1979 Yards  17 TD   9 INT in 11 games 

Under Arthur Smith a rookie OC                                                                           2019   2747 Yards   22 TD   6 INT  in 12 games

Tannehill regressed under the Fraud lost his job was traded and had to prove himself again.  

The same scenario that the Fraud took over in Miami, it is the same scenario that landed him with the Jets to improve on a talented young QB.  During those 5 years his offense ranked at the bottom of the league, if I'm not mistaken the highest has been 26 with last year coming DEAD LAST.  

Oh so now only Tannehill's last two years prior to Gase arriving (2014/2015) count - throw 2012 and 2013 out the window. If that is the case, then only Tannehill's yards per attempt (7.5 ypc vs. 7.0 ypa), yards per catch (11.4 ypc vs. 10.9 ypc), completion percentage (.66% vs. .65%), and QB rating (93.17 vs. 90.78) went up in 2016/2018 vs. 2014/2015.  

Tannehill did have a better TD:INT ratio (a more team oriented stat) in 2014/2015 vs. 2016/2018 though even though the winning percentage (an even more team oriented stat) for Tannehill was better under Gase.

Hate Gase all you want. Nothing I write will change that. There were many things that I didn't like about Gase this past year. However, just be totally factual. Not everything that happens proves the narrative that you want to assert.

It isn't hard to check complete passing stats. The facts are that Ryan Tannehill didn't regress under Gase. Statistically he was a very similar QB in 2016/2018 as he was the prior two years: fairly significant jump in YPA and YPC, slightly better completion percentage, slightly worse TD:INT ratio.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company