Jump to content
BornJetsFan1983

R. Tannehill- was almost coached out of the league by idiot Gase

Recommended Posts

On 1/13/2020 at 3:17 AM, jgb said:

Tannehill aside, how does one explain Drake, Parker and Gesicki in a “not Gase’s fault” narrative? Especially the former two who exploded with Fitz at QB—you know one of the most derided and hated QBs on this board. 

Signed,

A fan who wants to believe but facts keep getting in the way 

Because all Drake has is more touches?  He was around 5 per in Miami.  Also played behind a highly paid HOF back, still got more touches than Gore.  Before that he played behind Ajayi 

Parker, do all WRs hit the ground running?  When Tannehill missed a lot of 2 seasons and one totally?  

The whole offense didn't suffer when the QB became Cutler or Osweiler?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Just pointing out Gase is horrible and toxic and we should fire him now before we go 4-12 next year

And using the absolute worse, mindless reasoning to attempt to prove your point.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Just pointing out Gase is horrible and toxic and we should fire him now before we go 4-12 next year

Is that the same 4-12 you saw last offseason ?

Or that you saw the final record being, at best mid season?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Really?  Is that why Derrick Henry had 25 total yards his last game before Tannehill became the starter

Who knows? Does anyone even care? The fact remains the same, I know what I saw from Tannehill in the playoffs. He was garbage that was propped up and protected by a HC that knew his key to winning games was to keep the ball out of Tannehills hands.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because all Drake has is more touches?  He was around 5 per in Miami.  Also played behind a highly paid HOF back, still got more touches than Gore.  Before that he played behind Ajayi 

Parker, do all WRs hit the ground running?  When Tannehill missed a lot of 2 seasons and one totally?  

The whole offense didn't suffer when the QB became Cutler or Osweiler?  

 

Reminds me of an employee I had a long time ago. He was late 2-3 days a week. Finally I told him if he was late again that month, we were letting him go. Later that very week he was. He said he was in a fender bender. Had a note from the other driver and everything to “prove” it. This was before smart phones so no photos. Wanted me to come see the damage to his car in the parking lot. I declined and fired him.

Maybe for this one day he had a valid excuse. But it was the trend that was the problem. He dug his own grave by being late for no good reason so many times and lost the benefit of any doubt.

Gase maybe has a valid excuse for one or two of these guys. Maybe. But the trend is pretty bloody damning.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jgb said:

Reminds me of an employee I had a long time ago. He was late 2-3 days a week. Finally I told him if he was late again that month, we were letting him go. Later that very week he was. He said he was in a fender bender. Had a note from the other driver and everything to “prove” it. This was before smart phones so no photos. Wanted me to come see the damage to his car in the parking lot. I declined and fired him.

Maybe for this one day he had a valid excuse. But it was the trend that was the problem. He dug his own grave by being late for no good reason so many times and lost the benefit of any doubt.

Gase maybe has a valid excuse for one or two of these guys. Maybe. But the trend is pretty bloody damning.

Doesn’t quite work here.  
Drake being the same runner just getting more carries isn’t an excuse for anyone.  Parker putting up worse numbers on Miami with Cutler and Osweiller as fill in QBs for the injured Tannehill isn’t an excuse for Gase. 

He may not work out.  These aren’t reasons why he won’t 
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And using the absolute worse, mindless reasoning to attempt to prove your point.

 

That several Gase players had career years the year after they get away from him?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

That several Gase players had career years the year after they get away from him?

How many different ways does this need to be responded to and proven to be and proven to be nonsense?

Youre not making a point or proving anything.  

Garoppolo is having his best season ever.  Bellichick sucks.  

Started out as a Tannehill thing, that blew up.  Time to move onto something new

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Doesn’t quite work here.  
Drake being the same runner just getting more carries isn’t an excuse for anyone.  Parker putting up worse numbers on Miami with Cutler and Osweiller as fill in QBs for the injured Tannehill isn’t an excuse for Gase. 

He may not work out.  These aren’t reasons why he won’t 
 

 

I am not flexible enough to play this kind of mental twister to arrive at the desired conclusion. Best way to turn a bust into a contributor is to get him away from Gase.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many different ways does this need to be responded to and proven to be and proven to be nonsense?

Youre not making a point or proving anything.  

Garoppolo is having his best season ever.  Bellichick sucks.  

Started out as a Tannehill thing, that blew up.  Time to move onto something new

 

Belichick didn’t want to trade Garropolo -  the owner made him do it 

 

Gase benched a healthy Tannehill midseason with the playoffs still in reach

 

Big difference 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jgb said:

I am not flexible enough to play this kind of mental twister to arrive at the desired conclusion. Best way to turn a bust into a contributor is to get him away from Gase.

Agree.  I dont really care enough to continue on with deep dives into why Drake had more yardage in Az with more carries than he did two years ago in Miami.  

I'd counter with guys like Griffin but hey, that would be the same mindless game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Belichick didn’t want to trade Garropolo -  the owner made him do it 

 

Gase benched a healthy Tannehill midseason with the playoffs still in reach

 

Big difference 

 

Youre spinning out of your socks

Garoppolo is better since he left SF.

Your point, not mine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wait so healthy the prior 2 seasons vs missing games under he had more yards?  REALLY?

And healthy the prior 2 seasons vs missing games under Gase he had more TDs you say?  

Im shocked.

Then take your deep appreciation of analytics and explain the stats that count, more y/a higher with Gase.  y/c higher with gases.  QB rating, higher under Gase.  TD %, higher under Gase.

Seems like he improved.  Unless you go by the simple numbers you posted, the ones that don't come close to telling the story given Tannehills injuries.  

Hes the fraud.

No, he threw for less int ratio and more TD, he also threw for more than 30 yards a game than when the fraud took over.  And he was brought to improve his game elevate him into elite QB.  The fraud failed miserably in every way.  Look it up let someone you know that knows how numbers work do the calculations for you.😉

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

No, he threw for less int ratio and more TD, he also threw for more than 30 yards a game than when the fraud took over.  And he was brought to improve his game elevate him into elite QB.  The fraud failed miserably in every way.  Look it up let someone you know that knows how numbers work do the calculations for you.😉

No, he wasn’t better before Gase.  That’s the point and no matter how you spin it that’s just the truth of the matter. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre spinning out of your socks

Garoppolo is better since he left SF.

Your point, not mine

Relax skippy he started 3 games for the pats and won

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

LOL. Let me do it for you cause I hate to go back and forth.  


Tannhill 2015 yards 4208 divided by 16=263         24TD divided by 16=1.5                                            12INT divided by 16= 0.75

Now when the fraud took over.

Tannehill 2016 yards 2995 divided by 13=230.         19TD divided by 13=1.46.                                         12INT divided by 13=0.92       

Now apologize😎

And Sam will lead the NFL in touchdown passes after Gase is fired in 2 years

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

LOL. Let me do it for you cause I hate to go back and forth.  


Tannhill 2015 yards 4208 divided by 16=263         24TD divided by 16=1.5                                            12INT divided by 16= 0.75

Now when the fraud took over.

Tannehill 2016 yards 2995 divided by 13=230.         19TD divided by 13=1.46.                                         12INT divided by 13=0.92       

Now apologize😎

Are you dense?  Y/A, Y/C, TD % and QR all were better.  FO with the rest of the shlt I didnt mention. Listen if you dont get that when you play 16 games youre going to have some stats that are better than in seasons when youre injured its time to move on.  Youre so hell bent on complaining about Gase that youd waste your time on this shlt when theres actual relevant shlt to complain about.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DRJETS said:

No, he threw for less int ratio and more TD, he also threw for more than 30 yards a game than when the fraud took over.  And he was brought to improve his game elevate him into elite QB.  The fraud failed miserably in every way.  Look it up let someone you know that knows how numbers work do the calculations for you.😉

Thank god we didn't hire Mike McCarthy.  Philbin took Mike's 4 7 and 1 Packer team to a 2 and 2 finish after the Packers, a good organization told him to get out of the building.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are you dense?  Y/A, Y/C, TD % and QR all were better.  FO with the rest of the shlt I didnt mention. Listen if you dont get that when you play 16 games youre going to have some stats that are better than in seasons when youre injured its time to move on.  Youre so hell bent on complaining about Gase that youd waste your time on this shlt when theres actual relevant shlt to complain about.  

For real?  You are hilarious, not  only I did not got an apology but more double down from you after I demonstrate to you step by step, numbers that showed more yards more TD and less int per game before the fraud took over.  Keep believing anything you think is the truth, it will take you far in life.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

For real?  You are hilarious, not  only I did not got an apology but more double down from you after I demonstrate to you step by step, numbers that showed more yards more TD and less int per game before the fraud took over.  Keep believing anything you think is the truth, it will take you far in life.

You didn't demonstrate anything.  When healthy for any coach, Tannehill has been a good QB.  Under Gase he actually made the playoffs despite an injury shortened season.  Had Tannehill stayed healthy he would have been a productive NFL QB for any decent HC.  

Under Gase his INT's went up slightly but he was throwing the ball further down the field.  He's completion percentage didn't suffer the team won and his QBR was up slightly.  The big difference is by asking Tannehill to throw the ball deeper the run game improved dramatically and the went from 6 wins to 10 wins.

It's all parsing to make a point.  You hated the Gase hire.  The reality is the way this season started with Sam sick and the way he was overwhelmed by the Pats could have been a disaster.  Gase got him and the team stabilized and Sam turned his season around.  The team gets some weapons and an OL will see what we have.  Until that happens the bitching about hiring him over fill in the blank is mostly garbage.

It took the 1960 NY Jets 9 years to win a championship with a great staff, no cap and unlimited money.  The process of building a winner doesn't change because Gase may or may not be the right guy to be the HC.  This year he did a good job with one of the worst constructed Jets teams in the NFL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DRJETS said:

No, he threw for less int ratio and more TD, he also threw for more than 30 yards a game than when the fraud took over.  And he was brought to improve his game elevate him into elite QB.  The fraud failed miserably in every way.  Look it up let someone you know that knows how numbers work do the calculations for you.😉

dang you wouldnt apologize, well no wonder you hit him with the find someone who knows how to use numbers line lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Tannehill is the same QB he was in Miami. Serviceable but can't carry a team.

Now if you want to say that Gase did not call plays properly for him, that might hold water

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ryan Tannehill is the same QB he was in Miami. Serviceable but can't carry a team.

Now if you want to say that Gase did not call plays properly for him, that might hold water

A QB who went on the hottest streak of his career leading the league in %complete over expected...        beens saying...

expect a regression to the mean ( his mean) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DRJETS said:

For real?  You are hilarious, not  only I did not got an apology but more double down from you after I demonstrate to you step by step, numbers that showed more yards more TD and less int per game before the fraud took over.  Keep believing anything you think is the truth, it will take you far in life.

After you act like a douche and buttfumble somewhere near 50 of my posts, I actually don't give a shlt what you think or write and don't really want to converse.  

Move on, have no time for people like you  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

After you act like a douche and buttfumble somewhere near 50 of my posts, I actually don't give a shlt what you think or write and don't really want to converse.  

Move on, have no time for people like you  

 

LMAO.  Who do you think you are kidding? There isn’t a dude here that love to butfumble than you.  
 

You buttfunble my post FIRST that I responded to SARI about your idol, Adam the fraud Gase.   Then, I buttfumble your post back and you start whining. lol. Dude, you think it is one way street that you can buttfumble posters here but posters cannot return it back?  Get over yourself.  

I don’t have time for whiners like you coming with excuses after getting schooled going step by step showing before the fraud took over The Dolphins, Tannehill had more TD, more yards per game and thrown for less int per game.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DRJETS said:

For real?  You are hilarious, not  only I did not got an apology but more double down from you after I demonstrate to you step by step, numbers that showed more yards more TD and less int per game before the fraud took over.  Keep believing anything you think is the truth, it will take you far in life.

Sad truth is society has elevated feelings over facts in basically every situation. It’s as if the Renaissance never happened. Challenging someone’s opinion has become “marginalizing their experience.” Once someone has shown to be “one of those,” I just walk away.

  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not a difficult rule. We don’t allow personal attacks and name calling. Nobody wants to read that crap day after day. If you can’t debate a topic without Personally attacking someone or name calling don’t debate that topic? Three choices are currently a available. 1- go to another thread. 2- put that person on ignore with our top rated ignoring system 3- get banned for a few weeks and not be allowed to come back until you complete an internet anger management class and provide the proper documentation. 
 

Thank you, good luck and Go Jets! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy had literally buttfumbled 50 plus posts.  To the point it was noted.  I don't think I'm the smartest guy in the room but the number was kind of funny.  No debate, no counter to what I had written, just buttfumbles.  Why not discuss thought was that bad.  If not to me just in the thread.  Then the Tannehilll was better with so and so, therefore Gase sucks nonsense and when lets face it he is what he is and enough is enough with this topic...Now you want a response?  Demand it, want an apology for what I wrote too?   Sorry, as I said move on, .  No personal attack, no name calling.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...