What it looked like to have a #1 WR

GREENBEAN

2 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Edwards’ knee was shot.  Wasn’t there a rumor he was getting the needle on a regular basis in 2010?  Couldn’t catch on with Harbaugh or Carroll, probably some truth to that.

He injured the knee during pre-season with the 49ers after he left us....no mention that I can recall if him being hurt with us. I think Rex and Tanny were just all goo-eyed for Tone and unable to afford both prioritised the wrong guy

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

He was on his way to that 40-50 catches, 500-600 yards wish you stated earlier before he kept getting nicked up. If he can be healthy, I think he's a no-brainer. I would love to grab Tee Higgins at #11 if JD doesn't think the OL value is there at the time.  On another issue, where do you see Frohm  going in April, 2nd-3rd rd?

As much as I love what Fromm did for us in '17 & '18, I have never been all that high on him as an NFL prospect.  He is a really smart guy, knows the offense and does a great job making pre-snap reads and getting into/out of the right play.  But once the ball in snapped, he is limited.  Does not like using the middle of the field.  All of his big throws are touch passes outside the numbers.  I can't tell you the number of times when I have rewatched games and you see a guy running wide open over the middle, and he tries the touch pass/50-50 ball outside the numbers. 

I see him as a really good back-up or lower tier starter.  Day 3 prospect, but given that he is a QB, and he will ace his interviews, he will go day 2.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wut?  Braylon was very good for us but the amnesia around here about  Brandon Marshall is just brutal.

He was the last #1 Wr we had. 109 catches, 1502 yards,  14 tds.

marshall was certainly a good one but imo, he needed a guy like decker and even enunwa to take some of the heat.  his second jet season he seemed to drop many critical passes.

6 minutes ago, funaz said:

Braylon was a number #1 wr.

Tannebaums biggest mistake was choosing santonio over Braylon

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

yes and no.  the mistake was keeping holmes.  as i recall edwards was pretty banged up after 2010 and really couldn't play reliably.  i don't think anyone thought holmes was going to turn into the total pos he eventually did.  i'll bet burris had something to do with holmes decline.

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

I loved Braylon Edwards... i know he had holes in his game and won't appear on any "best of" lists... 

but i love him all the same. 

Me too buddy. he's one of those girls that got away types for me. We were so close and Braylon was such a physical specimen. I loved everything about him when the ball wasn't bouncing off of his facemask. lol

Big, thoroughbred long stride speed, great blocker and aggressive at the ball.  Damn! 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Better than what we have.  Plus their oline is terrific.  Even last night despite having a rough game team wise gave Lamar a lot of time 

snead brown and seth roberts.

RA, crowder and DT...  i guess they get a millimeter on ours

OL did decent PASSPRO, decent RUN...   4 sacks, 2 failed 4th down converts where the DL WON outright,

mixed performance. 

Just now, Losmeister said:

snead brown and seth roberts.

RA, crowder and DT...  i guess they get a millimeter on ours

OL did decent PASSPRO, decent RUN...   4 sacks, 2 failed 4th down converts where the DL WON outright,

mixed performance. 

That’s fair.  But overall I think we both can agree that their Oline blows ours out of the water right? 

23 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

which leads me to add that Balts WRs aint ANYTHING special whatsoever.

Shhhh. We don't talk like that around this house today. Things are a little like walking on egg shells after that loss. As it should be really.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wut?  Braylon was very good for us but the amnesia around here about  Brandon Marshall is just brutal.

He was the last #1 Wr we had. 109 catches, 1502 yards,  14 tds.

I think people just want to forget about getting duped by the Conquering Hero.  Myself included.

Top 5 QB season by Fitz and Top 5 WR season by Marshall in Jets history.  Which of course is purely a statement on how bad Jets offenses have been historically more than saying anything good about Fitz/Marshall.