25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still vote Darnold as #1

Darnold

Lamar

Josh Allen

Baker

Josh Rosen 

I see it the same way.

In three years Baker and Lamar will be out of the league and both Josh's will be backups while Sam will be leading the Jets in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t like ranking players but Darnold was the QB I wanted and I still stand by it.  We don’t know how it will end up working in the end but I have confidence we will all be happy with him as our QB.  

Well said.

• Upvote 1

Right now, I’d go Lamar at #1 and Rosen out of the discussion.

Allen, Darnold and Baker are TBD. It’s too close to call. The three have had their ups and downs. 

Id go Baker > Sam > Allen which is consistent to my pre draft ranking. I haven’t seen enough one way or the other to change that. Allen has been the only surprise. He’s better than I expected.

• Upvote 1

If I was drafting a FQB knowing what I know now. 

1. Darnold - he shows the most potential as a FQB. Leadership, touch, arm strength and pocket awareness. With proper coaching and team the sky is the limit  

2. Allen - he has the physical ability, strong arm and balls but he needs to work on his accuracy and mental game  

3. Mayfield - cocky as **** with playmaking ability but his a inconsistent as hell

4. Jackson - wildcat RB. He plays great when he has time and open receivers  

5. Rosen/Rudolph - career backups

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Can I just ask why, after a change in coaches, Mayfield isn't given the same, "bad coaching" excuse that we give to Darnold?

Personally I never blamed Gase even though I never wanted him here.  Kitchens was a bad coach but Baker still has a lot more talent around him yet took a big step backward IMO

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

Personally I never blamed Gase even though I never wanted him here.  Kitchens was a bad coach but Baker still has a lot more talent around him yet took a big step backward IMO

I completely agree Baker took a step backwards.  I'm just pointing out that when it's our guy, we blame the coaching, when it's another guy, we blame the player.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I completely agree Baker took a step backwards.  I'm just pointing out that when it's our guy, we blame the coaching, when it's another guy, we blame the player.

I don’t.  I can’t speak for others.  I’ve made it no secret Gase was the last guy I wanted but I won’t blame him for Sam not taking the big step forward. Some is Sam but some is the fact that he has nothing around him.  No matter how good of a WB you are you can’t do it alone.  I’m not gonna blame Kitchens even though he was awful.  I still felt a Baker had more than enough talent around him to be at least what he was last year 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jackson

Darnold

Mayfield

Rosen

Allen

Yep.  Allen is still last.  The Bills are getting Sanchez'd.  

That’s a fair list. Although I think Allen deserves to be 3rd or 4th.  I dislike Baker but he is a better overall QB but Allen also deserves credit for this year even though his team really helped him too