1/11/2020 Rank the Darnold draft class QBs

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This.

You guys who have Darnold first... you make it tough to take any other opinions you have here seriously if you're such a homer.

Pretty much everyone agrees that Lamar is first....Altnough I would put Allen and Sam next.  Baker was not good this year 

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Pretty much everyone agrees that Lamar is first....Altnough I would put Allen and Sam next.  Baker was not good this year 

Jackson is the clear cut #1.

A case can be made for either of the other 3 as far as 2-4. Personally I give Allen the nod at #2, I don't think it's close. 

I understand Jets fans putting Darnold ahead of Mayfield, but to no ones surprise, I don't. I have Mayfield #3. I don't care what the excuse, bad OL, Gase, lack of weapons, etc. Darnold has never outperformed Mayfield in either season. Last year Mayfield blew him away, this year when Baker struggled, he was still ranked #19 to Sam's 25th. That's a sizeable gap, especially the way you guys all talk about how bad Baker was.

If someone can give me a solid argument, not excuses, that will change my mind, I will gladly do it. Nobody ever has.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

At the moment here is my list:

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Sam Darnold

3. Josh Allen

4. Baker Leaf

5. Josh Rosen

Fair Post.  Sam and Josh Allen are close IMO. I give credit for but at the same time does play on a good team and his showing the the playoffs was very bad. Baker took a big step back despite all the talent around him.  Rosen I’ve never been a fan of.  Lamar deserves the top spot after the year he had 

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

whatever you say buddy lol.  Sorry I hurt your feelings. Take care pal 

I'm fine. So are my feelings.

You keep saying goodbye, yet you keep responding. I thought when you PMed me earlier to say you wouldn't quote or leave reps to my posts anymore, you meant it. 

Oh well, I guess not.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

I'm fine. So are my feelongs.

You keep saying goodbye, yrt you keep responding. I thought when you PMed me earlier to say you wouldn't quote or lave reps to my posts anymore, you meant it. 

Oh well, I guess not.

I did but you kept bothering me 

45 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Baker’s rookie season was much better than any of Sam’s or Allen’s two year. That should be factored in when comparing these QBs. They’ll start to separate themselves over the next two years. Right now, a case can be made any of those 3 are number 2 on the least, 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Baker’s rookie season was much better than any of Sam’s or Allen’s two year. That should be factored in when comparing these QBs. They’ll start to separate themselves over the next two years. Right now, a case can be made any of those 3 are number 2 on the least, 

I give credit to Baker for his rookie year.  But I felt despite the head coach he still had plenty of talent around him not to take a nosedive this year. But I agree it’s still up in the air with those 3 that’s fair 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Thank you...

In truth I have Baker,  Sam and Allen all on the same level.  

Sam has the not so stellar stats but his team is by far the least talented.  

And Jackson is currently an outliner but not guaranteed to automatically be better than the other three when all is said and done!

Finally coaching matters! And I think that Cleveland really has a good one now!

So let’s see..

• Upvote 2

well right now lamar is first but his career will probably be a lot shorter since as soon as he loses a bit of that speed he will end up like vick and just being mediocre. out of the other 3 its up in the air right now. all have had ups and downs and neither of them has risen above the others yet