Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Beerfish

It's damn cold....the weather thread...

Recommended Posts

Just finished shovelling half of my sidewalks.  Had to come in and warm up a bit.  -27C (-17F) this morning.  By Tuesday morning it is going to be -38C (-36F).  Brutal.

I should have been more rich and successful like my sister and her Hubby who own two condos in Hawaii and go there during the winter each  year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Just finished shovelling half of my sidewalks.  Had to come in and warm up a bit.  -27C (-17F) this morning.  By Tuesday morning it is going to be -38C (-36F).  Brutal.

I should have been more rich and successful like my sister and her Hubby who own two condos in Hawaii and go there during the winter each  year.

Image result for frozen guy pics
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 12:07 PM, Beerfish said:

Just finished shovelling half of my sidewalks.  Had to come in and warm up a bit.  -27C (-17F) this morning.  By Tuesday morning it is going to be -38C (-36F).  Brutal.

I should have been more rich and successful like my sister and her Hubby who own two condos in Hawaii and go there during the winter each  year.

if you are nice to your sister maybe she let you use one of the condos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 12:07 PM, Beerfish said:

Just finished shovelling half of my sidewalks.  Had to come in and warm up a bit.  -27C (-17F) this morning.  By Tuesday morning it is going to be -38C (-36F).  Brutal.

I should have been more rich and successful like my sister and her Hubby who own two condos in Hawaii and go there during the winter each  year.

i for the life of me can't figure out why anyone would live in Alberta (which i assume is close to where you live) unless in oil industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

if you are nice to your sister maybe she let you use one of the condos?

She has offered to rent it to me (at good rates) but they have a waiting list like a year ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well i got woken up last night by 40 fire trucks and ambulances so maybe the quiet of western canada is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

i for the life of me can't figure out why anyone would live in Alberta (which i assume is close to where you live) unless in oil industry.

Yes, I live in Alberta.

-35C this am which is about where the C and the F scale meet.

Just brutal this week.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

She has offered to rent it to me (at good rates) but they have a waiting list like a year ahead.

start being nice now and winter 2022 gonna be great.

i wonder how my family would feel if i start charging them to use my vacation home (at a good rate, hmm)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, I live in Alberta.

-35C this am which is about where the C and the F scale meet.

Just brutal this week.

i honestly don't think you could pay me enough to live there.  even if rent was zero.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't so bad when I was young, but as i grow older i am less tolerant of the cold.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It wasn't so bad when I was young, but as i grow older i am less tolerant of the cold.

me too.  can't take the cold.  i even bought one of your countries jackets which cost an arm and a leg.

although your govt policies have cost me a few bucks with my canadian E&P investments.  not looking so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

me too.  can't take the cold.  i even bought one of your countries jackets which cost an arm and a leg.

although your govt policies have cost me a few bucks with my canadian E&P investments.  not looking so good.

Our political parties like many I would guess in this world just pander to get elected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, I live in Alberta.

-35C this am which is about where the C and the F scale meet.

Just brutal this week.

the only difference is B natural vs. B flat 

Ok, sorry

How far are you from Banff, Jasper and Lake Louise? I would think that it is worth the cold for a few months just to be near such amazing beauty the rest of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 3 hours from jasper, 5 from banff.

I have relatives that have an acreage in the foothills of the mountains which I try and get out too as often as I can.

I've thought of moving from Edmonton for a while now, just can't decide where to go just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's mid-60s in eastern NC right now.

I strongly recommend moving down here if you don't like the cold.  Up north the cold comes every year like it or not, as do the heavy taxes.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wetted down a t-shirt and then left it on my back porch  for 15 minutes...

 

 

q86CFHi.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...