Browns get their HC, Vikings former OC, Kevin Stefanski

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Sam had a better completion percentage, better td/int ratio and more wins with inferior talent at WR, TE and OL 

Sorry if facts don’t jive with your identity protective thinking

And Mayfield had a better season with less talent around him but a better interim coach during his rookie season. 

You have no point if you're not providing career numbers. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

And Mayfield had a better season with less talent around him but a better interim coach during his rookie season. 

You have no point if you're not providing career numbers. 

RG3, Vince Young and Marcus Mariota had really good rookie years too

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Question. These INT's were due to nothing else? 

I doubt that the only reason why he threw INT's is because he went to OU and WR's are more open there than in the pro's. The Irony in that is this...That goes for every team in college. 

I can tell that most dont watch these games at all or even take the time to find out who's actually on the field. 

David Njoku was on IR for most of the season with a broken wrist. He only played in 5 games this season. Also, when Njoku's on the field, he's one of the more inconsistent catchers of the football amongst starting TE's since being drafted. He does have slight case of "Stone hands".

OBJ had more WR errors this season than any other WR in the league not named Michael Gallup of the Cowboys. 

A high percentage of INT's that baker threw, hit the hands of his receivers. Some were slightly behind or high, (accuracy issues, no doubt) but many were catchable passes. It's not like he was out there throwing pick 6's every game (Winston). Those are obviously not counting the passes that fell harmlessly to the ground...OBJ was notorious for dropping big passes what felt like atleast once per game. 

Take these facts and add it to the fact that the Browns offense had no tackles yet wanted receivers to run deep routes and when they didnt run deep routes they immediately went to the slant route, so much so that Baker Mayfield was #1 in the league at throwing the slant...which means that Freddie Kitchens offense was quite predictable. 

However, this doesnt excuse Mayfield from many other bad plays that were based on boneheaded decisions. Not at all. Dude had a bad season, however, not as bad as folks are diligently trying to make it. 

C'mon, lets not play this game that "The scheme is an excuse for bad QB play" while not saying that the scheme itself was in fact...BAD. The scheme and coaching was terrible. 

Lets be critical, not dishonest. 

You’re in full denial here.  I watched plenty of games flipping around ST.  Yes passed thrown behind WRs flipped off their hands.  And plenty were caught saving him.  

How many excuses are we up to?  

WR drops. 
Bad schemes. 
Injuries 
OL

The plays Kitchens called?  The guy he picked because he loved Kitchens offense?  Now it’s an excuse

Ignore the top of the NFL WRs.  The OL.  The RB.   And yes Winston throws a lot of picks, as you’ve said.  But at some point this year, don’t know how they finished, Baker was leading the league over two seasons.

BTW., did you watch Minny/SF last weekend?  Schemes were horrid, not a single answer for Cousins.  

I don’t think Bakers done or can’t improve but the excuses don’t match his game.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re in full denial here.  I watched plenty of games flipping around ST.  Yes passed thrown behind WRs flipped off their hands.  And plenty were caught saving him.  

WR drops. 
Bad schemes. 
Injuries

Ignore the top of the NFL WRs.  The OL.  The RB. 

BTW., did you watch Minny/SF last weekend?  Schemes were horrid, not a single answer for Cousins.  

I don’t think Bakers done or can’t improve but the excuses don’t match his game.  

Next year the excuse will be Beckham is a diva and he and Landry are getting into fistfights with the Angry Midget in the sidelines during games

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

WR drops. 
Bad schemes. 
Injuries

Ignore the top of the NFL WRs.  The OL.  The RB. 

I actually started watching the Viking's "Season" once Kevin was hired. Looking at the last game would be foolish. 

That's like saying..."Why the hell would the Browns consider hiring Josh McDaniels? Did you guys see how the Patriots offense looked against the Titans in the wildcard round"????

This is a ridiculous position to take, and it shows that you also have no idea about Kevin's play calling history. 

The only thing in denial is the fact that you mentioned a guy who wasnt even on the field (Njoku) a WR who hasnt been the guy that we remember since about 2016 and had tons of errors (Beckham), the worst coaching staff in the league (Kitchens team) and an owner who has been the worst in the league (Haslam). 

But really, that Vikings/SanFran position you tried to pull just now....cool story bro. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I actually started watching the Viking's "Season" once Kevin was hired. Looking at the last game would be foolish. 

That's like saying..."Why the hell would the Browns consider hiring Josh McDaniels? Did you guys see how the Patriots offense looked against the Titans in the wildcard round"????

This is a ridiculous position to take, and it shows that you also have no idea about Kevin's play calling history. 

The only thing in denial is the fact that you mentioned a guy who wasnt even on the field (Njoku) a WR who hasnt been the guy that we remember since about 2016 and had tons of errors (Beckham), the worst coaching staff in the league (Kitchens team) and an owner who has been the worst in the league (Haslam). 

But really, that Vikings/SanFran position you tried to pull just now....cool story bro. 

SF/Minny is a cool story?  Stefanskis offense sucked that game. His schemes were archaic, sorry.  He had no answers, no changes to the SF D.  
So yes the inability to make adjustments in the biggest game of the year is significant on its own and should be realistically examined 

None of this, along with your excuses for Baker aren’t denials by me because A player I mentioned missed time.  I also left Chubb out, does that change things too!

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

WR drops. 
Bad schemes. 
Injuries 
OL

The plays Kitchens called?  The guy he picked because he loved Kitchens offense?  Now it’s an excuse

Ignore the top of the NFL WRs.  The OL.  The RB.   And yes Winston throws a lot of picks, as you’ve said.  But at some point this year, don’t know how they finished, Baker was leading the league over two seasons.

Agreed. Very Much in denial.  Even when stating that the kid has talent still wants to blame the coach. Players(he has plenty of talent around him). Even the people who “hate” him

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed. Very Much in denial.  Even when stating that the kid has talent still wants to blame the coach. Players(he has plenty of talent around him). Even the people who “hate” him

He led a team much more talented than the Jets.  Especially to the offense.  Not even close with WRs, OL, RB production.  Nowhere near the injures yo entitled units. A HC I keep reading sucks here.  But With Baker It’s an excuse for hosplay

All that talent at his disposal and somehow he “leads” the Browns to how many wins.  A so called playoff team?  That somehow lost more games than the Jets 
Im the one in denial? 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

SF/Minny is a cool story?  

That's what I said. 

Stefanskis offense sucked that game. His schemes were archaic, sorry.  

His scheme has won him 13 of the 19 games he schemed for, not including the playoff win that he also had against the Saints. 

You should apologize, having me read this nonsense. 

He had no answers, no changes to the SF D.  
So yes the inability to make adjustments in the biggest game of the year is significant on its own and should be realistically examined 

None of this, along with your excuses for Baker aren’t denials by me because A player I mentioned missed time.  I also left Chubb out, does that change things too!

The vikings had a bad game for sure. 

However Stefanski has been the OC for over 20 games, and you only discuss this game. It's because you really know nothing about him or that offense. 

Typical.

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The diva produced with an old, shltty Eli.  

Until he got injured and hasnt been the same. 

When's the last time he was even a pro bowler???

Landry was producing for that sh*tty ass coach Adam Gase, going to a Pro bowl every year since 2015. You know who still goes to probowls? 

Landry. 

You can miss me with this nonsense. 

Mike Florio - "It really is kind of strange to think that he got rewarded for what a bad job we saw on Saturday, and the fact the Vikings lost opened the door for him to be hired on Sunday. Chris, I got the impression they were hiring somebody on Sunday, and if the Vikings somehow had won they were hiring somebody else. It just shows you how weird and arbitrary this process can be, and how considerations other than getting the absolute best guy can overcome common sense. This idea that we have to have somebody now. We have to have somebody now. We can't wait a week, we can't wait 2 weeks. Even though that's our guy, so if we can't get that guy we're going to get somebody else. I saw a suggestion last night from someone, I think it was Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. It was either going to be Robert Saleh the 49ers defensive coordinator or Kevin Stefanski. It all just depended on who lost the game on Saturday.

Chris Simms - "Cleveland is a dumpster fire. That's all I can really say."

ryan gosling lol GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Mike Florio - "It really is kind of strange to think that he got rewarded for what a bad job we saw on Saturday, and the fact the Vikings lost opened the door for him to be hired on Sunday. Chris, I got the impression they were hiring somebody on Sunday, and if the Vikings somehow had won they were hiring somebody else. It just shows you how weird and arbitrary this process can be, and how considerations other than getting the absolute best guy can overcome common sense. This idea that we have to have somebody now. We have to have somebody now. We can't wait a week, we can't wait 2 weeks. Even though that's our guy, so if we can't get that guy we're going to get somebody else. I saw a suggestion last night from someone, I think it was Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. It was either going to be Robert Saleh the 49ers defensive coordinator or Kevin Stefanski. It all just depended on who lost the game on Saturday.

ryan gosling lol GIF

Hilarious lol

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He led a team much more talented than the Jets.  

This is really all it's about. Selling this narrative. 

So many Jets fans are so insecure, it makes the rest of us look bad. 

Bro, Sam Darnold is a bottom 10 QB with potential to be better. 

He hasnt shown to be a better talent Baker Mayfield. 

I know you guys feel like you need this, but the bottomline is that the Browns have surpassed this franchise in terms of position and rebuild. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Until he got injured and hasnt been the same. 

When's the last time he was even a pro bowler???

Landry was producing for that sh*tty ass coach Adam Gase, going to a Pro bowl every year since 2015. You know who still goes to probowls? 

Landry. 

You can miss me with this nonsense. 

Landry produced with different QBs and played last year well enough to make Baker to OBJ easy.  So there’s that.
It’s more excuse making.  OBJs injury a year ago?   
The nonsense is the delusional excuses you’re using and worse how twisted you’re getting because no one other than another fanboy is going along with your excuse making.  This isn’t a Browns board think about that.  

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I know you guys feel like you need this, but the bottomline is that the Browns have surpassed this franchise in terms of position and rebuild. 

When it comes the dancing Baker is head and shoulders above all I agree ? 

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

ryan gosling lol GIF

Wow, took my review to another level.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Landry produced with different QBs and played last year well enough to make Baker to OBJ easy.  So there’s that.

Except that Landry cant help OBJ's drops. So there's that. 

It’s more excuse making.  OBJs injury a year ago?   

No, facts. OBJ hasnt been a probowler level WR for years, and his stat of being the 2nd most error-riddled WR in the league this past season supports that fact. 

The nonsense is the delusional excuses you’re using and worse how twisted you’re getting because no one other than another fanboy is going along with your excuse making.  This isn’t a Browns board think about that.  

The only nonsense is commenting on a coach's offensive ability by losing badly in a divisional round while dismissing his entire season as well as his wildcard round. 

That is literally delusional. 

lol. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Now, calling me insecure is another dumb observation and excuse making. 

But you and your buddy, as soon as a discussion about the midgets Shltty season makes you run to a Darnold whine.  
You like the ball grabber, fine.  Just learn the game instead of making excuse.  
I’ll keep Sam, I see more talent, maturity in him.  I’m not making excuses and proving With his words who the insecure one is.

Best part, for no apparent reason.  It’s a Jet board.  Not a Browns circle jerk of a Progressive ad site.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Except that Landry cant help OBJ's drops. So there's that. 

No, facts. OBJ hasnt been a probowler level WR for years, and his stat of being the 2nd most error-riddled WR in the league this past season supports that fact. 

The only nonsense is commenting on a coach's offensive ability by losing badly in a divisional round while dismissing his entire season as well as his wildcard round. 

lol. 

Fu(k, OBJ sucks, I got it.  
First year without Eli he doesn’t make the pro bowl so Baker was good.  Lol

Again, I’m delusional.  And insecure.  OMG you don’t know me.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Now, calling me insecure is another dumb observation and excuse making. 

You're the one who wrote it Jet Nut. 

It's clear that this isnt about Baker and The Browns, it's about comparing to the Jets while making the talent that Darnold had as piss poor as possible in order to establish an excuse. 

It's insecurity. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I’m literally listening to others on ESPN saying he had no answers, how archaic his offense was vs SF.  
im delusional, Simms etc have no clue and I’m just delusional.  
I need to get insecure 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're the one who wrote it Jet Nut. 

It's clear that this isnt about Baker and The Browns, it's about comparing to the Jets while making the talent that Darnold had as piss poor as possible in order to establish an excuse. 

It's insecurity. 

So you’re wrong on every front 

I commented on his actual play.  Said it doesn’t mean he’ll always struggle but you want to convincing all of us he did t or  it was everyone else’s fault, brought Sam into it & called me insecure.  
Sorry I don’t see it that way

• Upvote 1