The OFFICIAL Eric Bieniemy 2021 thread.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You mean like former assistants John Harbaugh, Doug Pederson and Ron Rivera?  All of which have gone to a Super Bowl, and won 2?

Or Sean McDermott and his highly successful DC, Leslie Frazier?

67 % of Reid's former coaches have gone on to take a team to the postseason as a Head Coach.  Considering we haven't been to the playoffs in a decade, that's pretty significant.

Yeah, you're right, the Andy Reid Coaching Tree is a bad bet.  Come the f**k on, people.

I’m talking about the offensive assistants.

The only real success there is Pederson. And maybe I’m in the minority, but I don’t consider Pederson a great HC just because of that Superbowl win a few years ago. Guy coaches in the sh*ttiest division in pro football and still barely eeked his way into the playoffs this year.

Who’s the next biggest offensive success who studied under Andy Reid? Marty Mornhinweg?

As far as I know, Bieniemy has no playcalling experience outside of two years as the OC at Colorado and has been a career RB’s coach everywhere he’s been prior to 2018. His resume damn near mirrors Freddie Kitchens.

If Gase fails and we’re looking for another HC a year from now, then the dickbag Johnson Bros need to open up their collective purses and shoot for the stars.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The only real success there is Pederson. And maybe I’m in the minority, but I don’t consider Pederson a great HC just because of that Superbowl win a few years ago. Guy coaches in the sh*ttiest division in pro football and still barely eeked his way into the playoffs this year.

Come on.  He won a Super Bowl over the Pats with Nick Foles at QB.  That's a success story no matter what the Eagles did this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Who’s the next biggest offensive success who studied under Andy Reid? Marty Mornhinweg?

As far as I know, Bieniemy has no playcalling experience outside of two years as the OC at Colorado and has been a career RB’s coach everywhere he’s been prior to 2018. His resume damn near mirrors Freddie Kitchens.

If Gase fails and we’re looking for another HC a year from now, then the dickbag Johnson Bros need to open up their collective purses and shoot for the stars.

Why does a HC need play calling experience exactly?   

The reason Bienemy is a good HC candidate is not only because he has learned under Reid it’s because he is respected as an honest coach, who can relate to the Players and command a locker room.  Any offensive prowess he has is an add on. 

The biggest misconception in the NFL over the past year is that because Shanahan and McVay are excellent offensive play callers then every team needs that as their HC. The truth is those guys are outliers. You need your HC to be a CEO, not just a play caller. The fact that Gase doesn’t watch the offense and has to give the challenge flag to Dowell Loggins is a problem. It’s not how a HC should run his team and it sends the wrong message to the 25+ guys who play defense. 

Bienemy may be able to be a HC and call plays, I have no idea. But maybe he is humble and smart enough to bring in an OC to handle the offense WITH his input and then he can actually coach the entire team.   Either way, play calling experience shouldn’t ever be a prerequisite to be an NFL HC. 

• Upvote 2

Over the course of his collegiate career, Bieniemy’s driving record was docked several times in Colorado for a multitude of minor occurrences, but they piled up to the point where he had his license suspended for a year. Months later in March, he was caught speeding in the state and was forced to post a $1,000 bond. He failed to appear for his court date for driving with a suspended license and then was faced with several weeks in jail for leaving the scene of an accident just weeks later.

“I thought once you exchanged information you could leave the scene,” Bieniemy said. “I went home and reported it to the police and then they arrested me for leaving the scene.”

On July 4th, 1990, firefighters were called to his mother’s residence after a small fire broke out due to fireworks belonging to his younger brother igniting in a plastic bag in his garage. Firefighters attempted to breach the garage wall, thinking it was an electrical fire and Bieniemy attempted to stop them from doing so. 

“Since the fire was next to the wall, they thought it was electrical. I said, ‘Excuse me, sir, the fire started in the trash bag.’ I feel that if somebody is going to tear down your wall you should stop them. But basically I interfered with fire department policy.” Bieniemy explained. The incident lead to a one-game suspension for the star running back.

Bieniemy’s pro career was mostly clean from incident, but he was banned from Colorado’s campus for a year after harassing and assaulting a parking attendant working during a Colorado football game in 1993. His time coaching at Colorado upon his retirement from the NFL brought more trouble.

In 2001, Bieniemy was hired as Colorado’s running backs coach, but was arrested in April of that year for a DUI. As a known legend in the program, Bieniemy was also a major figure in the recruiting process. During his two years there, several rape allegations were pressed against Colorado players, and Bieniemy’s time there ended while the school was under investigation.

I like Bieniemy and think he deserves an opportunity.  But some teams are absolutely put off about his past and the idea of making him the guy in charge and the face of the franchise.  I've heard this more than once from more than one respected NFL insider/analyst.

• Upvote 2

So, after watching Mahomes go to the AFCC this year (and post season last year), and Sanchez went to playoffs as a rookie, your hope for our promising QB in his 3rd year is to be on a team soooo bad that we loose another year, fire the coach, and have Sam learn his 3rd offense? For another first time HC?

• Upvote 1

Just now, bostonmajet said:

So, after watching Mahomes go to the AFCC this year (and post season last year), and Sanchez went to playoffs as a rookie, your hope for our promising QB in his 3rd year is to be on a team soooo bad that we loose another year, fire the coach, and have Sam learn his 3rd offense? For another first time HC?

Well, the plan shouldn't be to HOPE to fail.  But if we DO fail and Gase gets fired, it's not the biggest waste of time to speculate on which HC's we should go after in that instance.  

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Would have to know via interview if Bienanmy is a good head coach candidate rather than a glorified coordinator which the jets have had for the last 3 coaches.

All the reports out there suggest he might be.  Never know for sure, but it would be a better bet than most.  HC hires are never easy or slam dunks. 

If you hire a guy with NFL HC experience, he's a retread.  Hire an OC/DC, he might get Peter Principle'd.  Hire a College HC, and he might not translate well to the pro game.  It's always a risk.  

Look it’s no secret I hated the Gase hire and and probably 99 percent feel the same way but why on earth are we rooting for him to fail knowing that it will affect our whole team?  Then we have to bring in a new guy and everyone needs to learn a new system.  Yes we all dislike Gase but as Het fans for the good of our team it’s for the best that we hope he works out and our team can possibly get into the playoffs next year which will help our young QB and team 

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I like Bieniemy and think he deserves an opportunity.  But some teams are absolutely put off about his past and the idea of making him the guy in charge and the face of the franchise.  I've heard this more than once from more than one respected NFL insider/analyst.

Wow the stuff you just posted...big turn off. 

Guy is a dunce lol.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, the plan shouldn't be to HOPE to fail.  But if we DO fail and Gase gets fired, it's not the biggest waste of time to speculate on which HC's we should go after in that instance.  

This. 

Notice I was very specific to say "IF" in the original post.

I HOPE Gase becomes the greatest HC in the history of the NFL winning 10 superbowls in the next 15 years for the Jets.

But "if" he turns out to suck - I would have EB at the top of the interview list and I'm glad everyone passed him over this year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, IndianaJet said:

This. 

Notice I was very specific to say "IF" in the original post.

I HOPE Gase becomes the greatest HC in the history of the NFL winning 10 superbowls in the next 15 years for the Jets.

But "if" he turns out to suck - I would have EB at the top of the interview list and I'm glad everyone passed him over this year.

100 % agree.

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Guy is a dunce lol.

He was a young guy when a lot of that stuff happened.  He may well suck as a HC but I don't think some driving record stuff would be a viable reason to turn him down.  The league has seen a lot worse out of HC hires.

• Post of the Week 1

58 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Guy is a dunce lol.

It's the reason I heard he's always been a "close but no cigar" candidate.  People like his coaching ability, they like his personality and experience.....but he's got some off-field red flags (and not just one or two of them) that scare GMs and owners away from making him the head of their football program.  Almost like a Lane Kiffin kinda deal I think....you want that bright mind and competent coaching on your staff....but you get really, really nervous that he's going to do something stupid that embarrasses the franchise or causes you to remove him as HC.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The league has seen a lot worse out of HC hires.

Like who?

I am not seeing a conservative owner hiring Eric Bienemy.   When you add to it the fact that Reid is really the Wizard, Bienemy may need to be an OC somewhere else before being HC, kind of like Mike Pettine did (did not end well, for being an HC).  

Here is a crazy thought:  with what Rhule just got paid, maybe Gase wants to get fired?  The Johnsons may never fire him if he is locked up for another 3 or so years at what is probably a below market salary.  I don't think the Johnsons were ever paying Rhule that much money, and honestly, for a coach transitioning to the NFL from rah-rah college, I can actually sympathize with them.  What did the Cowboys pay McCarthy?

Would be interested in who is being paid more:  Judge or Gase?

I'm not advocating for him, but coordinators under Reid have been very successful vs. coordinator under other coaches. There have been 5 coordinators who went on to be head coaches: John Harbaugh, Sean McDermott, Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, and Brad Childress. 

Their record as head coaches: 240-170 5.85% and they've made the playoffs 62% of the time. They are 15-13 in the playoffs and 2 of them have won Super Bowls. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Guy is a dunce lol.

I don’t really want him, but I don’t care about minor things he did 30 years ago either

somebody should give him a shot, just to see if any of this kc success is because of him and not all A Reid

but don’t want it to be us, because my money says it’s all Reid 

43 minutes ago, varjet said:

Like who?

I am not seeing a conservative owner hiring Eric Bienemy.   

Matt Patricia and Vance Joseph:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/10/matt-patricia-detroit-lions-sexual-assault-indictment

Analyzing the Legal Fallout of Matt Patricia’s Sexual Assault Indictment

Could the Lions cut ties with Patricia? Could Patricia be sued or re-charged with a crime? SI's legal analyst explains what legal action likely took place back in 1996 and what legal action Patricia could potentially face now.
MICHAEL MCCANN
MAY 10, 2018

Detroit Lions head coach Matt Patricia has come under fire following a disturbing investigative report by Robert Snell of The Detroit News. Snell has found that in March 1996, the now 43-year-old Patricia was charged in Texas with aggravated sexual assault. Under Texas law, a person charged with aggravated sexual assault has been accused of intentionally or knowingly harming another person through unconsented penetration of that person’s sexual organ, anus or mouth, and a conviction carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Patricia’s charge, which was dismissed 10 months later, stemmed from an alleged incident at the Radisson Hotel on South Padre Island, Texas. At the time, Patricia was a 21-year-old offensive lineman and member of the Theta Chi fraternity at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI). According to a report detailed by the San Padre Police Department, while he and his classmates were on spring break, Patricia and a fellow football player, Greg Dietrich, “burst” into the hotel room of a 21-year-old woman while she sleeping. The woman, who told police that she had met Patricia on the beach earlier in the week, claimed that Patricia and Dietrich took turns sexually assaulting her.

https://www.dailycamera.com/2017/01/14/new-broncos-coach-vance-joseph-was-accused-of-sexual-assault-while-a-cu-assistant/

New Broncos coach Vance Joseph was accused of sexual assault while a CU assistant

Vance Joseph, the Denver Broncos’ new head coach, was accused of sexually assaulting two female trainers in 2003 while he was an assistant coach at the University of Colorado — allegations that were investigated by the state task force looking into the recruiting scandal that rocked CU in the early 2000s.

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not advocating for him, but coordinators under Reid have been very successful vs. coordinator under other coaches. There have been 5 coordinators who went on to be head coaches: John Harbaugh, Sean McDermott, Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, and Brad Childress. 

Their record as head coaches: 240-170 5.85% and they've made the playoffs 62% of the time. They are 15-13 in the playoffs and 2 of them have won Super Bowls. 

Yep.  Say what you will about Nagy, but he took a team QB'd by Mitchell Trubisky to the playoffs.  And he statistically was a top 15/20 QB that year.

• Upvote 2