College National Championship Game Thread...

Beerfish

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why the two week layoff before this game?  It really does lose all momentum from the build up of the semi finals.

In any case who ya got?

The Juggernaut LSU or the defending champs who know how to play in this big game?

Kinda strange that the most recent bowl game was Louisiana vs Miami (Ohio).  No disrespect to those programs (and I know it was a Monday night game) but its certainly strange how they schedule the games these days, lol.  

I'm going against Vegas and taking Clemson.  Also its who I picked in my ESPN pick em group with some friends, and if I get it right, I win the group.  No money involved but still fun.  

I've been leaning LSU for a while but man, something about these Clemson teams make it very hard to pick against them.  Gun to head, I'm still sticking with LSU.   And honestly the only reason is it just feels like their year...especially with them playing a home game tonight.  

That said, I hate LSU with a passion.  Low class disrespectful scumbags and I kind of want to see their dreams crushed in embarrassing fashion.  So while I think LSU wins, I'm pulling for Clemson.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've been leaning LSU for a while but man, something about these Clemson teams make it very hard to pick against them.  Gun to head, I'm still sticking with LSU.   And honestly the only reason is it just feels like their year...especially with them playing a home game tonight.  

It feels risky picking LSU.  They've been balling out and are playing basically a home game but are only 5.5 point favorites per Vegas (I believe they opened as 2 or 3 point favorites)?  Sounds like a trap to me. 

LSU SHOULD win but if I was a gambling man I wouldn't pick them to cover, that's for sure.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It feels risky picking LSU.  They've been balling out and are playing basically a home game but are only 5.5 point favorites per Vegas (I believe they opened as 2 or 3 point favorites)?  Sounds like a trap to me. 

LSU SHOULD win but if I was a gambling man I wouldn't pick them to cover, that's for sure.  

Even with picking LSU, I've always maintained it's going to be close.  I agree, I'd take Clemson if I was betting.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

That said, I hate LSU with a passion.  Low class disrespectful scumbags and I kind of want to see their dreams crushed in embarrassing fashion.  So while I think LSU wins, I'm pulling for Clemson.  

you paste that from the Patriots thread????

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Everything points to LSU.  Their current level of play, playing at home, Heisman Trophy winner etc.   If Clemson wins tonight it will be their 30 straight win and second consecutive National title.  It’s damn near impossible to do that these days.  This run has been great, certainly doesn’t get old playing in these games.  

• Upvote 2

I said elsewhere -- I know what we have in Lawrence, Higgins, Etienne & Co... Want to see these LSU skill players have to fight back after taking one on the chin and going down 10-14 points.

I wanna see Jefferson, E.-Helaire and Burrow stress tested.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, freestater said:

I think Lawrence's incredible no-int streak ends tonight. 

I just think Clemson hasn't played a team like LSU, while LSU has already beaten teams about as good as Clemson. We'll find out soon enough.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, RobR said:

I just think Clemson hasn't played a team like LSU, while LSU has already beaten teams about as good as Clemson. We'll find out soon enough.

I don't know, they just played OSU and found a way to win.

Is it me, or does it seem like LSU is always playing at the Superdome in their big bowl games? 

56 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I don't know, they just played OSU and found a way to win.

Is it me, or does it seem like LSU is always playing at the Superdome in their big bowl games? 

I'll give you OSU but I was talking more about regular season schedule. When Clemson was walking through some cupcakes, LSU was running the gauntlet. 

58 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'll give you OSU but I was talking more about regular season schedule. When Clemson was walking through some cupcakes, LSU was running the gauntlet. 

LSU may win, but it won’t be because of some mythical “gauntlet”, it will be because they are better.  Clemson has de-bunked the “gauntlet” myth in past years.  

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

LSU may win, but it won’t be because of some mythical “gauntlet”, it will be because they are better.  Clemson has de-bunked the “gauntlet” myth in past years.  

You can't argue the difference in the strength of schedule between the two because it's not even close. LSU was knocking off Top 10 teams almost weekly when Clemson was playing a cupcake ACC schedule.

Now can Clemson win.....of course the can, look no further than them beating a Bama team last year that I thought was unbeatable.

Just now, RobR said:

You can't argue the difference in the strength of schedule between the two because it's not even close. LSU was knocking off Top 10 teams almost weekly when Clemson was playing a cupcake ACC schedule.

Now can Clemson win.....of course the can, look no further than them beating a Bama team last year that I thought was unbeatable.

The difference in schedule makes no difference.   If it did, the SEC team would win every year.  Again, the “gauntlet” doesn’t determine the winner.  Clemson has won two of last 3 National Championships, if the “gauntlet” was a thing they would have zero.  

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The difference in schedule makes no difference.   If it did, the SEC team would win every year.  Again, the “gauntlet” doesn’t determine the winner.  Clemson has won two of last 3 National Championships, if the “gauntlet” was a thing they would have zero.  

I bring up the schedule because I think LSU is the more deserving team given what teams they had to face this year to get to this point.

You know I have no rooting loyalty to either team in this game.