College National Championship Game Thread...

Beerfish

2 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Garbage Call !!    To eject someone is too hit them high not low and the helmets hit. Complete garbage and I am not rooting for Clemson. In fact these are two of my favorite teams. 

WRONG... That rule has been around for awhile now & EVERY PLAYER KNOWS IT... He did it & got called for it. 

Clemson's playcalling is going down the sh*tter. Fast.

LSU's secondary is winning the battle. Find a way to start using Etienne in the screen game, the TEs and get TL back to designed runs.... need to get those DBs creeping up. If they don't make some adjustments, its looking bleak. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Clemson's playcalling is going down the sh*tter. Fast.

LSU's secondary is winning the battle. Find a way to start using Etienne in the screen game, the TEs and get TL back to designed runs.... need to get those DBs creeping up. If they don't make some adjustments, its looking bleak. 

Yep. Without Higgins they can’t unbalance the coverage to get any looks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

If i may--

Where does the wiz title come from?

I have been doing these college football evaluations since I was 13.  So I been doing this awhile. It is my hobby and I jot down players who I like. I stated Joe Montana was going to be a top player when I watched my favorite team Notre Dame and I watched Jerry Rice in an all star game and said he was going to be a find.  Later in my life  my sons seen how well my top players became or the ones I said was going to be failures and they called me a Wizard. So that is how I got Tony The Wiz.  

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

I Disagree... The rule is Good & The call was Correct.

I disagree... The rule needs to be adjusted & the call was 50/50. I could see it either way the rule is written. Problem is, it needs to be re-written while the intent remains the same. 

Hitting a guy with your helmet in another guys shoulder is not what the targeting rule was implemented for, regardless if he led with it or not. 

If he makes the same tackle and hits him directly in the head, chest, or back, then sure, throw the flag. 

He didnt do any of those. 

• Upvote 1