College National Championship Game Thread...

Beerfish

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

Hey, mods, delete the other thread, no need.

Line is LSU-5.5. 

Schedule makes no sense. If they had played Friday, fresh audience, lots of people off looking to party. Monday after 16 hours of NFL playoffs, not smart. 

Friday is a bad night for TV ratings. 

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Why the two week layoff before this game?  It really does lose all momentum from the build up of the semi finals.

Not only that, but it is also Shirne Bowl week.  You have kids from both of these schools who were selected to the Shrine Bowl won't be able to be part of it, or if so, only on a limited basis.

This game should have been played last Monday night.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I always feel for the guys in uniform, at attention and saluting, while someone starts 'improvising' during the anthem. Lol, I remember being very frustrated a time or two. 

Lemme tell ya. I've been there, standing at attention, immense pride, all up in my feelings, about to tear up..  and the butchery of our anthem happens. Really takes ya out of it.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Lemme tell ya. I've been there, standing at attention, immense pride, all up in my feelings, about to tear up..  and the butchery of our anthem happens. Really takes ya out of it.  

Taps always teared me up. Standing at sunset, flags going down. Everybody at attention in every direction, frozen where they stood. That used to send chills down my spine. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

Taps always teared me up. Standing at sunset, flags going down. Everybody at attention in every direction, frozen where they stood. That used to send chills down my spine. 

Yes sir. 

Few could understand that feeling. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

LSU may win, but it won’t be because of some mythical “gauntlet”, it will be because they are better.  Clemson has de-bunked the “gauntlet” myth in past years.  

While taking down "gauntlet tested Alabama" both times... ?

Wonder how many Clemson Natty's need to be in the books before they stop getting the disrespect. 

Just about every talking head took LSU like it was fine wine... meanwhile first - series Lawrence and co. look like they're going to move ball just find this game. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Wonder how many Clemson Natty's need to be in the books before they stop getting the disrespect. 

Just about every talking head took LSU like it was fine wine... meanwhile first - series Lawrence and co. look like they're going to move ball just find this game. 

I choose to go by the belief that you are the big dogs on top until you are finally beat. 

Until Clemson loses this game, they should be treated as the favorite no matter what. 

• Sympathy 1