Advice to next year’s schedule

Jets723

Hey sorry if this is off topic but I wanted to hear some opinions on what game I should purchase for my my son and I.  I took my 6 year old to his first a Jets game in the Miami game last month.  He loved it but the poor kid was freezing and I want to try and go to a take him to a September/October game if possible.  I’m thinking about the Buffalo game which I think is late October or the Pats game after that but not sure which are home games yet.  Anyway any opinions I would greatly appreciate. Thanks Guys!!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Hey sorry if this is off topic but I wanted to hear some opinions on what game I should purchase for my my son and I.  I took my 6 year old to his first a Jets game in the Miami game last month.  He loved it but the poor kid was freezing and I want to try and go to a take him to a September/October game if possible.  I’m thinking about the Buffalo game which I think is late October or the Pats game after that but not sure which are home games yet.  Anyway any opinions I would greatly appreciate. Thanks Guys!!!

Go to an early game in the season, there is still hope when it's early. If we come out and lose a few games early the tail end of the schedule may have a lower attendance.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Go to an early game in the season, there is still hope when it's early. If we come out and lose a few games early the tail end of the schedule may have a lower attendance.

Yeah I got tickets for the Miami game very cheap. But it was in December and brutal. I can handle it but we actually left a little early because I afraid my kid was gonna get sick.  I’m gonna try for September but I work a lot of weekends early in the fall and like you said it will be tough to get those early ones 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Just wait to buy the tickets a week before so you can check the weather. A rainy game in 55 degrees is worse than a sunny game at 30 degrees 

True.  I wasn’t gonna but them now I just was trying to get a feeling which game I should look into.  Obviously the Bills game because of the young QB battle, the Pats game too.  My kid is started to get into football a lot now and wants to start playing ? 

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Just wait to buy the tickets a week before so you can check the weather. A rainy game in 55 degrees is worse than a sunny game at 30 degrees 

We were also all the way up too lat time which wasn’t bad except for how cold it was.  But yeah I agree rain is the absolute worst especially for a young child 

8 hours ago, Jets723 said:

FF7F3A04-0AAE-42CE-AAAE-457C96C1D302.jpg

SUNSHADE.jpg

The schedule is out in April, not now.

See above for the sunny side of the stadium.  It's boiling hot in September in those seats.  If I were you I would target an October or early November game.  The weather is perfect for your little guy then, the last two years we have been wearing shorts and a hoodie up to Thanksgiving.  The photo is of an October game at halftime.

Let me know if you need any additional stadium help.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

FF7F3A04-0AAE-42CE-AAAE-457C96C1D302.jpg

SUNSHADE.jpg

The schedule is out in April, not now.

See above for the sunny side of the stadium.  It's boiling hot in September in those seats.  If I were you I would target an October or early November game.  The weather is perfect for your little guy then, the last two years we have been wearing shorts and a hoodie up to Thanksgiving.  The photo is of an October game at halftime.

Let me know if you need any additional stadium help.

SAR I

Thanks.  Yeah I wasn’t looking to get tickets now.  I’m looking for an October game 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jets723 said:

make a special Dad/Son weekend  away game and go to per se Jacksonville?  You. An always make money, memories are the treasure but 6 is a bit young. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I’ve been to Jacksonville didn’t like it lol 

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

make a special Dad/Son weekend  away game and go to per se Jacksonville?  You. An always make money, memories are the treasure but 6 is a bit young. 

Do NOT go to Jacksonville.  Unless you plan to see St. Augustine, a cool place, and go off-shore fishing...  stay away.

Jacksonville games are somewhere between a steamy shower and a sauna.   And the Jets always suck when they play  in DUUUVAAAAALLL county.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RoadFan said:

Do NOT go to Jacksonville.  Unless you plan to see St. Augustine and go off-shore fishing...  stay away.

Jacksonville games are somewhere between a steamy shower and a sauna.   And the Jets always suck when they play  in DUUUVAAAAALLL county.

Agreed.  I’ve be there and will never go again ? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jets723 said:

The schedule dates are not released until April.

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Do NOT go to Jacksonville.  Unless you plan to see St. Augustine, a cool place, and go off-shore fishing...  stay away.

I saw the Super Bowl in Jacksonville and I could not believe they would put the big game there.  I've been to bigger towns in upstate New York, and the place was filled with beer-swigging NASCAR types in cut off shorts and wife beaters.

SAR I

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Really depends on how the schedule falls, but we won't know that until April.

17 hours ago, Jets723 said:

So you’re imposing the misery on the next generation? Have mercy on the poor kid. Go with a well managed team like the Steelers or the Ravens. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

19 hours ago, Jets723 said:

If the jets play at Seattle I highly recommend it

Most beautiful stadium in the nfl.  Beautiful city too and Seattle weather is actually quite moderate you don’t get the extremes like in the northeast 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If the jets play at Seattle I highly recommend it

Most beautiful stadium in the nfl.  Beautiful city too and Seattle weather is actually quite moderate you don’t get the extremes like in the northeast 

We do one road game every year, and that's high up on the list. Some good choices this year, with Seattle, KC, Indy and LA twice.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, section314 said:

Sounds like a failed Gase play.? Seriously, never been to KC. Think it would be a blast.

10 years of doing Jets road trips and KC is probably my favorite.  And, yes, Oklahoma Joes is the place to go (cc: @HawkeyeJet).

There are some great trips this year.  I’d love to do Seattle, but work makes it hard for me to miss Mondays, so any West Coast trip I have to weigh flight options.

Indianapolis could be the choice this year just based on ease of travel.  We’ll see.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah I got tickets for the Miami game very cheap. But it was in December and brutal. I can handle it but we actually left a little early because I afraid my kid was gonna get sick.  I’m gonna try for September but I work a lot of weekends early in the fall and like you said it will be tough to get those early ones 

Those December games are always cheaper - was going a few tix even when the Jets were in contention just because of the cold and how buys everyone is. BTW, you can't get sick from the cold. :)

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

Those December games are always cheaper - was going a few tix even when the Jets were in contention just because of the cold and how buys everyone is. BTW, you can't get sick from the cold. :)

Never said you could. meant more if it rain and is cold which you sure as hell can