Patriots to open season verses Raiders

Green Jets & Ham

PATS/RAIDERS TO OPEN NFL SEASON

The Patriots will open the season Sept. 8 with a home game against the Oakland Raiders.

The Patriots will face a revamped Raiders lineup that includes former Jets running back LaMont Jordan and former Vikings receiver Randy Moss.

The remainder of the 2005 schedule will be announced next month.

On Sunday, Sept. 11, the FOX national doubleheader game at 4:15 p.m. ET will feature the Dallas Cowboys at the San Diego Chargers. For Dallas, it will be the debut of their new quarterback, 13-year veteran Drew Bledsoe. For the Chargers, they will launch the defense of their AFC West title under quarterback Drew Brees, the 2004 NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

The Sunday night primetime game (8:30 p.m. ET) on ESPN will be a clash of offense vs. defense when the Indianapolis Colts visit the Baltimore Ravens. It will be the Colts' high-powered offensive trio of quarterback Peyton Manning, running back Edgerrin James and wide receiver Marvin Harrison against the Ravens' staunch defense led by linebacker Ray Lewis and safety Ed Reed, the NFL Defensive Player of the Year who led the league in interceptions last season with nine.

The Sept. 12 Monday night opener on ABC at 9:00 p.m. ET will be a rematch of last season's NFC Championship Game featuring two of the NFL's most exciting quarterbacks -- the visiting Philadelphia Eagles' Donovan McNabb against the Atlanta Falcons' Michael Vick. The Eagles defeated the Falcons in last January's championship game, 27-10.

Pat's Vs Raiders

Cowboys Vs Chargers

Ravens Vs Colt's

Eagles Vs Falcons

guesses on who we open with?

Well I know its gonna be a road game because the Jets opened at home last year ... I think we've only opened at home back-to-back seasons one time since we moved to the meadowlands, if that?

And since we already know its not the Patriots, Falcons, or Ravens {see Smizzy's post}, that narrows it down to five possibilities

Broncos

Chiefs

Panthers

Dolphins

Bills

I don't think it will be a division opponent on week one .. too early .. so I'm thinking Broncos, Chiefs, or Panthers?

So that's my best guess .... one of those three

@ Broncos

@ Chiefs

@ Panthers

Just a hunch, but if I have to pick one I say we open @ Denver

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/

Well I know its gonna be a road game because the Jets opened at home last year ... I think we've only opened at home back-to-back seasons one time since we moved to the meadowlands, if that?

And since we already know its not the Patriots, Falcons, or Ravens {see Smizzy's post}, that narrows it down to five possibilities

Broncos

Chiefs

Panthers

Dolphins

Bills

I don't think it will be a division opponent on week one .. too early .. so I'm thinking Broncos, Chiefs, or Panthers?

So that's my best guess .... one of those three

@ Broncos

@ Chiefs

@ Panthers

Just a hunch, but if I have to pick one I say we open @ Denver

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/

as always Ham, i can count on you to break it down :)

also good guess Smizzy.

one for denver and one for kc... :) anyone else?

RodKnee Harrison lays a cheap shot on Lamont after Lamont loses 3 yards

Harrison drives his helmet into Jordon's knee, who is being held up by Fat Ted

Season over for Lamont

Harrison wins AFC Defensive player of the week

How is Fat Ted on the field the same time as Jordan?

Is he playing offense now for the Raiders? :shock:

Sorry

I meant Fat Wilfat

Who cares anyway,,,Fat Ted, Fat Wilfat both the same useles pieces of gooooo.

At least Wilfat did not cost 2 1sts and a fourth and our run defense was a whole 6 yards worse.

At least Wilfat did not cost 2 1sts and a fourth and our run defense was a whole 6 yards worse.

weeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Rob had little to do with the run D going downhill, how was our run D LAST year???? wilfat is not in his league bro and I'm a cane and would still support him regardless of where he plays, there's no comparison

Didn't see this one coming. I really thought it would have been the Chargers or Jets. I hate the Raiders so at least it will be fun watching a good old fashioned ass kickin.

Here is a quote from Al Davis about the schedule:

At the NFL meetings in Hawaii, Raiders owner Al Davis did not seem pleased about the scheduling.

"Payback, that's all," Davis said. "They have us playing the model franchise in pro football on a Thursday night. It's payback. But it's fine." Davis, who has fought the NFL multiple times in court cases, believes the league is determined to make life as difficult as possible for his team.

Didn't see this one coming. I really thought it would have been the Chargers or Jets. I hate the Raiders so at least it will be fun watching a good old fashioned a$$ kickin.

Here is a quote from Al Davis about the schedule:

Payback for what?

Probably as much as Martin has done against the Pats defense the last two years.

Squat. :lol::lol::lol:

lamont had success against the patsies last season. even you admitted that. LaMont will run over wilfat and "cheapshot" rodney on his way to the endzone

lamont had success against the patsies last season. even you admitted that. LaMont will run over wilfat and "cheapshot" rodney on his way to the endzone

To be perfectly honest, I was ecstatic that the Jets continued to give Martin carries last year.

I still remember Jordan's 14-yard run up the middle. He juked out two LB's and completely bowled over Wilson in picking up 5 extra yards.

To be perfectly honest, I was ecstatic that the Jets continued to give Martin carries last year.

I still remember Jordan's 14-yard run up the middle. He juked out two LB's and completely bowled over Wilson in picking up 5 extra yards.

ugh, don't remind me. #-o [-( ](*,)'=;:-$:roll::chas::comb::snip::puke::puke::ahhh::box:

SEASON OPENER- RAIDERS AT PATS

Since The Refs do such a good job for their boss, Bob Kraft. Expect Randy Moss and Jerry Porter to be mugged on every play.

JETS POTENTIAL OPENER

Jets opened at Washington in 2003, Home last year vs Bengals

So we could be at home again. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Just as a curveball, I'll say Jets home vs Chargers

Playoff Rematch. Since The Pats are playing an AFC West team at home. It might be AFC East vs AFC West in week one.

... lamont is going to open up his career as a starting rb with a monster game...

... while the patriots will still hold a 10-7 lead at the half mangini will not be able to move the chess pieces in the 2nd half like crennel did ...

... while the pats 'd' maintains focus on moss & porter ... lamont opens up a 40+ run for a td against a 7 man front in the 3rd quarter...

... he continues to keep the chains moving & brady and co. on the bench for much of the 4th punching a late td in from about the 7...

... in a shocker to start next season off ...

raiders - 21

pats - 20

lamont serves notice 22 carries 165 yds 2 td's

l_j_r

SEASON OPENER- RAIDERS AT PATS

Since The Refs do such a good job for their boss, Bob Kraft. Expect Randy Moss and Jerry Porter to be mugged on every play.

JETS POTENTIAL OPENER

Jets opened at Washington in 2003, Home last year vs Bengals

So we could be at home again. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Just as a curveball, I'll say Jets home vs Chargers

Playoff Rematch. Since The Pats are playing an AFC West team at home. It might be AFC East vs AFC West in week one.

YJF FYI they announced the first week national games Dallas hosting Chargers on Sunday. I do not think they will give the Jets home opener two years in a row

YJF FYI they announced the first week national games Dallas hosting Chargers on Sunday. I do not think they will give the Jets home opener two years in a row

Thanks for the correction. My mistake.

There's no rule that says The Jet can't open at home two years in a row.

The Jets played road openers two years in a row.

At Buffalo in 2002 and At Washington in 2003.

They picked the Raiders because of all the new big names they have. Won't change the outcome though. The Pats will win this one in a laugher.

i dont think you should under-estimate how dope of an offense the raiders will field

Moss and Porter, PLUS a decent RB and a veteran QB who can throw vertically

its just too bad the Raiders defense is horrible and will give up 40 points

Archived