Entitled much? Jadeveon Clowney

You absolutely screwed up last night against GB several times, and actually, you’re already on a top team that contends for a ring each and every year, sir. 

Why are you depending on teams to take you to a SB when no team is guaranteed anything. The Titans just beat the Patriots and Ravens. Those are two teams, that if you COULD guarantee a ring this year, in the regular season, you would of picked them. Getting to a SB takes talent and coaching, yes, it also takes luck. Things have to fall in place perfectly. Clowney kind of comes off as a tool here, imo. I do not blame him for wanting the best hardware in all of professional football but sort of comes off douchy and unintelligent.

91351E9D-0381-4AA5-AA88-F09CD36AA6A1.jpeg

Clowney looked good last night. Disruptive force running all over the field. He jumped off-sides a couple of times but played well.

That being said..... no way do I want him on our team. Seattle a veteran team that watches its own. Jets locker room would be torn apart with a guy like this. Hard Pass.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You would of read it differently if you were a Seahawks fan and that’s probably the best way to interpret my point and how I viewed it.

as if the Seahawks aren’t good enough for him. He tried them out and now he’s on to the next.

He didnt "try them out", he was traded to them. So it's not like he has a history of leaping from contender to contender.

This will be his first shot at unrestricted FA and I say this shows he values the SuperBowl after getting so close. That and this is purely a negotiating tactic anyhow. Every player in history coming up on FA for the first time says similar. 

26 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That's how I read it 

He could certainly word it better.

Instead of, "who is going to get me there?" as if he wants to be paid big money for a winning team to give him a ride to the Super Bowl, he could say, "what team is ready for me to push them over the top?" or "what team wants a difference maker who will help them take the next step?"

It just sounds very selfish.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So, does that mean he won’t be a Jet?

Sam Darnold is the GOAT, so duh.

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

He didnt "try them out", he was traded to them. So it's not like he has a history of leaping from contender to contender.

This will be his first shot at unrestricted FA and I say this shows he values the SuperBowl after getting so close. That and this is purely a negotiating tactic anyhow. Every player in history coming up on FA for the first time says similar. 

I didn’t mean “try them out” as in it was his choice to go there (even though he hand picked the Seahawks out of 2-3 teams offering picks for him) so really, maybe he did try them out in that sense but no, I meant he made it to the Divisional round with a very talented team and now he wants to go as if any other team holds a better % of winning the SB. 

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Uhh sure. **** that guy I guess

Yeah, I totally wanna rip his head off for it. ? that’s exactly the energy I projected. What a POS he is.??‍♂️ Chill dude, I wasn’t making it as personal as you are mocking me for. All I said was it came off sort of entitled and ignorant considering how much luck it takes to make a compete SB run. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He could certainly word it better.

Instead of, "who is going to get me there?" as if he wants to be paid big money for a winning team to give him a ride to the Super Bowl, he could say, "what team is ready for me to push them over the top?" or "what team wants a difference maker who will help them take the next step?"

It just sounds very selfish.

Well yes that's a different argument. 

But still no different than 95% of NFL players. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I totally wanna rip his head off for it. ? that’s exactly the energy I projected. What a POS he is.??‍♂️ Chill dude, I wasn’t making it as personal as you are mocking me for. All I said was it came off sort of entitled and ignorant considering how much luck it takes to make a compete SB run. 

The vibe of this thread is def super chill

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Uhh sure. **** that guy I guess

Yeah, I sorta understand if for a grandpa to be upset but it's a different kind of world now with social media, fans know so much more, players are paid so much money. Yeah there's a lot more entitlement, yeah we know way too much about what players are thinking or saying but in the context of what he said vs. the average dailly pro player's comment, this isn't even close to be upset about. If it were 2002 it'd be equivelent to John Lynch signing w/ the Broncos bc he wanted another SB ring.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yeah my exact thoughts lol, this is what you want to hear 

So “who’s gonna come get me?” Doesn’t sound like a douche way to put things? Put yourself in the shoes of a Seahawks fan. You guys go to the playoffs every year, have a top 5 QB and this guy who couldn’t sniff the pocket last night says he wants to go find someone else to play for that can get him there.

that doesn’t feel like a slight?

Dude would be the best pass rusher we've had in 15 years! It's so funny how bereft of talent we are Pass Rusher, WR & Oline. I would keep Crowder & our TEs, everyone else, bye, bye. 

Could you imagine not paying Trumaine Johnson & having Clowney instead? Clowney was all over the place last night, it's not like he had help up there. He'd be a beast with our Dline & LBs. 

I'm not saying sign him, just saying this quote from him is really no big deal. The Texans could have used him yesterday though. Bill Obrien is a f*cking BOOB! I'm so sick of that guy, I can't imagine how Texan fans feel. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So “who’s gonna come get me?” Doesn’t sound like a douche way to put things? Put yourself in the shoes of a Seahawks fan. You guys go to the playoffs every year, have a top 5 QB and this guy who couldn’t sniff the pocket last night says he wants to go find someone else to play for that can get him there.

He's an unrestricted free agent. Not sure why he needs to make a public display of fealty to a team that didn't deem him worthy of a contract extension, but go off king

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah he sounds like a douche, the guy is an elite athlete,  a multimillionaire and has likely been treated like king since high school. Being a douche and lacking the sense to sugar coat / soften things come with the territory

I'd rather hear that then I'm going to whomever pays the most or a guy like Penningtons silver tongued bs

• Upvote 2

The guy played his azz off with an abdominal tear that will require surgery, lol. Give the dude a break. He chased Rodgers to the sideline like 20 yards, and this Seahawk D is weak upfront. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He's an unrestricted free agent. Not sure why he needs to make a public display of fealty to a team that didn't deem him worthy of a contract extension, but go off king

How do you know they won’t offer one or weren’t planning to offer one? Their season just ended last night. Sure, they could of offered one when they traded for him but he hasn’t exactly been Khalil Mack so watching it play out made sense for the Seahawks.

I think your issue is that you exaggerate things people say in order to create a window for a nice laugh. But definitely show up at high noon tomorrow to watch the execution of Clowney. We’re bringing the ole’ guillotine and bread basket days back.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yeah he sounds like a douche, the guy is an elite athlete,  a multimillionaire and has likely been treated like king since high school. Being a douche and lacking the sense to sugar coat / soften things come with the territory

I'd rather hear that then I'm going to whomever pays the most or a guy like Penningtons silver tongued bs

At least we can agree that he lacked the sense to come off proper/softer. If this was a Jet player, people would be going nuts. I know that to be a fact.

I appreciate the perspective.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

How do you know they won’t offer one or weren’t planning to offer one? Their season just ended last night. Sure, they could of offered one when they traded for him but he hasn’t exactly been Khalil Mack so watching it play out made sense for the Seahawks.

I think your issue is that you exaggerate things people say in order to create a window for a nice laugh. But definitely show up at high noon tomorrow to watch the execution of Clowney. We’re bringing the ole’ guillotine and bread basket days back.

I keep wanting to say “weird flex but ok” but every time your next flex turns out to be even weirder